MyIProducts.com / Unauthorized charges!

24078 Greenway StreetForest Lake, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-286-4455

I looked on my phone bill and noticed that there was a charge for a voicemail box that I never signed up for. When I called my phone company they said that in january I signed up for myiproducts 800 number voicemail. They gave me the email address that was used to sign up with, an email that I have not used in over 3 years. They told me that they sent me 3 confirmation emails to that email address and because I never replied to them, they assumed I wanted their services and have been charging me for 3 months with out my knowledge.

When I asked how they know if I was the one signing up for it and not someone else using my information and they told me that they don't and that after the emails are sent they don't do any further confirmation of the order or service. I had them cancel the order but they are still trying to make me pay for the services even though I myself did not sign up for it.

I asked a friend how a company like this can charge me for something I never signed up for and they told me that there are some pop ups that if you 'X' them out its confirming your sign up to that company, Or that there are some websites that when you enter your information into, ad sites that are promoted on that site can gain access of your info and use that to sign you up to their company and services. To me and many others with this same problem from this company, it is considered fraud, and thats why I am reporting this.
Va

Comments

Th
  10th of May, 2008
Same problem with ESBI & MYIPRODUCTS on ATT billing. This has to be stopped as ESBI has been investigatde by FTC.
Me
  4th of Aug, 2008
I have had the same problem with this bunch of crooks. How the government lets them get away with this fraud is beyond me.
Ro
  29th of Jan, 2009
Yes I just found the charges on my At&T phone bill and called them and cancelled and supposedly I will get a refund in 2-3 billing cycles. I didn't even know what it was let alone sign up for it!!!
Kr
  5th of Feb, 2009
. You have to actually push the “Submit” icon twice before your order is confirmed. The products are actual useful services meant to help companies with multiple phone lines or the need for one. If you signed up for this service you need to pay your bill. If you did not pay for this service you need to be patient with the rep. and follow the instructions. If you didn’t sign up for the product they will know and if you *did* they will know. There are logged IP addresses and the only information they have is the information you typed for them. This is not a fraud or multi-level scam. You just need to watch what you click on and don’t commit to something if you can’t follow through.
Tr
  25th of Mar, 2009
Ditto on my ATT phone bill...my "order" was placed on Christmas Day so they say!! Since I only have basic service with ATT (since 1993), I always pay $50. every 2 months (so I am 1 month in advance), and never really look at the bill, until today that is!! Same mumbo-jumbo. ATT said is was for ESBI 1-888-301-3724 or My Eye Products (my interpretation since I have been pricing eye glasses). I had no clue what it was, what it was for, or how to use it...further more, I don't need the product since I have a cell phone and use it for long distance calls. They told me the same...3 emails of confirmation, and they just supposed I was interested enough to start billing me. I told them that I am sure the emails would go to SPAM and be deleted...the representative told me "that is not our problem, they were sent to YOUR email address." They also told me they don't keep track on how many calls you make or if you ever use the service. After trying to get the correct web site for this company, the first thing I finally pulled up was MYIPRODUCTS - COMPLAINTS ...jeeez, no wonder!!! It took 5 phone calls to correct this mess!! Someone SHOULD SUE their britches off!!
Th
  13th of Apr, 2009
I just filed a complaint with the California State Attorney's Office. Hope these crooks wind up getting some much needed jail time! (wishful thinking)

Please file complaints as well. With enough of these pouring in, maybe someone in the gov't will act.