MYIProducts IMail / Unauthorized charges

Charges of $14.95 for MYIProduct IMail Voicemail services, listed under Enhanced Services Billing, appeared on my AT&T telephone bill this month. I have no use for such a service and this service was never requested.

To

Comments

• Ti
      16th of Oct, 2008

MyiProducts iMail began billing our AT&T account $14.95 per month on May 1st, 2006. We never authorized and do not want their 'services'. Our account is on auto-pay and these charges have gone unnoticed for 29 months now. I am cancelling their 'services' but have little hope of seeing these unauthorized charges. Where is the protection for the consumer? How can these thieves be allowed to just sign people up with no approval and no repercussions? The same thing happened on my daughter's cell phone with another company but I caught and cancelled it right away.
    This is no different than someone writing hot checks on my account except it is much easier for them.

• Ru
      24th of Jan, 2009

I also had charges of $14.95 plus taxes for MYIProduct IMail Voicemail services, listed under Enhanced Services Billing, appearing on my AT&T telephone bill the month of January for last month (and found that I had already been billed for a second month). No one in my family had authorized any such services. It appears they claimed an order came through the internet using an email address. Not only that service but also there was another one called E-Secure Email Services, billed through OAN for another $9.10 plus taxes. Neither of these services is understood, never used, not wanted, and never authorized. Something should be done to prevent telephone companies from allowing such things to ever take place. Now I have to wait for 2 to 3 months to see if there will be a credit issued! I found out that one can request a 3RD Party Billing BLOCK on your telephone service, so that this hopefully will not occur again. I would advise everyone to request such a BLOCK immediately. Then complain to your state's Attorney General's office, and file a complaint with the FTC at FTC.gov your local Better Business Bureau, and join a class action lawsuit such as can be found at http://www.classactionconnect.com . You can also file complaints online st such prominent sites such as [redacted].com .

1st of Jun, 2009

This is an unauthorized charge/service. Last month the same charge was made byESBI and billeed to my phone number. This month the same charge for the same service again, both unauthorized. I did not order, nor use this service.

• Ro
      27th of Jun, 2009
    MYIProducts IMail - unauthorized charges to phone bill
    Person: Robert Johnson
    1448 Riverwalk Ct
    Waterville
    Ohio
    Phone: 419 8780446

I received my June phone bill on June 10, 2009. It showed an extra ESBI charge in the amount of $14.95 (plus $1.01 state tax) for miscellaneous charges for IMAIL VOINCEMAIL MO FEE on May 14. Total charge is $15.96. I think it has something to do with voicemail access through an 800 number but I'm not sure. My phone company is Embarq. I called 1-888-300-3724 to cancel this service on 6-15-09. I was given a confirmation number. I was also emailed a statement justifying their charges on my phone bill. I never ordered this service and have never heard of this company.

• Be
      17th of Jul, 2009

I called AT&T in L.A. and they said they cannot put a third party billing block on my account. What a pity! What they said though, that, if you cancelled the so called "service you signed up for", but the company continues to charge you, you can take then legal actions against that company.

• Na
      29th of Sep, 2009
    MYIProducts IMail - Could have been charge for services not athorized
    Myiproducts Imail

MyiProducts iMail where in the process of charging me for services that i did not athorize to my monthly phone bill thru ATT.14.95 would have been billed monthly with out my consent and was ordered with my knowlage.I called the company and asked them how this had accured.They said that I had sign up for this service that day.Lucky for me the phone number that was subltted for this order was me incorrect.I would just like to how and why a company that has over 150 complaints with B.B.B be allowed to continue to bill the consumer without there knowlege and consent.Laws have been compermized and for ATT to allow for this to continue could be grounds for the U.S. Goverment to proced with some legal action, so that the american consumer not be scam in this manner.

16th of Oct, 2009

We had the same problem but add $12.95 to the $14.95... I can't understand how these people can just attach a bill without our autorization. No wonder why fraud is so high in the USA. There needs to be more acountablility.

• Su
      21st of Oct, 2009

Agree. It happened to me today, that is how I found this webpage.

Laws for theft and fraud need to be enforced. If they are not on the books, then they should be made.

ATT's company policies need to be changed. They are allowing 3rd party companies to charge our phone bills without our knowledge!!! Then they hold us responsible for it.

• Rj
      29th of Jan, 2010

Billing unauthorized through tel. company. Very hard to cancel.