[Resolved] MyHeritage / dna results fraud

MyHeritage (UK) Ltd., Unit 4635 PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US, England, United Kingdom Review updated:

I received what MYHERITAGE DNA claimed were my results. I am Scottish/British/Irish.
But the results you gave me said that I was 55%NEuropean with min British identity. all the relatives they said matched mine - I had never heard of them.
I almost had a breakdown (literally) thinking my parents were not mine, and I must have been switched at birth. But someone pointed out to me that I am a spitting image of So and So, and SO and So.
So I did my DNA through another company. Low and behold - COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RESULTS and they actually had cousins that I knew that matched me.
MY RESULTS MUST HAVE BEEN MIXED IN THE LAB AND RATHER THAN ASK ME TO DO THEM THEY JUST SEND SOME BOGUS RESULTS.
OR THEY ARE 100% SCAM ARTISTS.
when I tried to find a place to send my complains or email complaints they are non existent on their site.

• Resolution statement

• MyHeritage Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2017

Dear Lizbond,

I regret to find you are dissatisfied with your Ethnicity Estimate and I will do all I can to help.

The autosomal DNA test gives you an estimate and does not measure your ancestor's migration patterns throughout history (further than 4 generations).

As you may know, an ethnicity estimate is based on comparable DNA. In regards to your ethnicity results, it is important to know that while we hold a very large amount of reference populations (42 and growing) they are attained on a higher regional level because DNA is found to be similar in neighboring countries, especially within Europe and where there isn't sufficient statistical difference.

You said you are Scottish/British and Irish but find North European and a small amount of British, but, people in neighboring countries in Northern Europe and the British Isles have been in contact for centuries. A good verifiable example of this is the 9th-century history of Norse settlements along the coast of Ireland establishing Dublin, Wexford, Waterford, Cork, and Limerick, which became the first large towns in Ireland.

It is true to consider that bio-geographical estimates are complicated. Different researchers analyzing the same DNA of a person can come up with different estimates based on a number of different factors, such as the reference populations used for comparison, the algorithm, the chemical processing and many more factors. Therefore these elements are consistently being improved in the DNA researching community as a whole and it is certainly our highest priority here at MyHeritage.

Moreover, while some companies provide many more regions to compare your DNA with, MyHeritage compares your DNA to a lot more ethnic populations. We find this most important as we are careful to provide all of our members with the most accurate results.

All in all, your feedback and overall satisfaction is always important to us as we are invariably looking to better our genealogy experience for the millions of members that use our research tools and purchase DNA kits.

I want to locate your account and assist you with your complaint and ensure you are totally satisfied with your purchase.
    Please e-mail me at rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com so I may assist you as soon as possible.

I will be looking for your e-mail with high priority.

Kind Regards
    Rafael
    MyHeritage

Li
Nov 27, 2017

Comments

• Mr
      Apr 20, 2018

Be very wary of this organization. They put additional charges on your credit card with out approval. So far in the last 2 weeks I have had $380.57 AUD in charges from this company. The full package is $215, which I signed up for, but since then an additional $171.59 has been deducted. Requests for answers have gone ignored. Overall this seems to be a fraudulent organization.