MyGrantdollars.com / Deceptive practices

foolishly, thought there was a way to have money for nothing. wrong! initially charged $1.95..was not provided any information, and 7 days later I was charged $58.61. I finally found a good phone number to cancel, [protected]., Cancelled bank card so no more charges could be pushed through. I won't do that again. rxcpht1@comcast.net

Ci

Comments

• Et
      11th of Feb, 2009

I had the same problem with this company. They paste all over their website that there will be ONE 2.95 charge to your card, and then hidden in the bowels of their terms and agreements is a small passage that says they will nail you with a $60 charge in a week if you don't cancel. I have been victim to these before and I absolutely cannot stand this kind of blatant rip off. Something needs to be done about these kinds of sites.

• Re
      11th of Feb, 2009

I have found that this company as well as several other "Grant" help type companies are all doing the same thing.
    Grant Access Club...
    My grant dollars...all of the so called #1 companies are alllllll fraudulant. I had to cancel my card and they are being investagated. They should all be ashamed of them selves preying on people trying to better themselves.

• Is
      12th of Feb, 2009

I am a recipient of the same scam from mygrantdollars.com as well.
    My story is the same $1.95 for nothing (nothing as a get starter package) and an attempt to deduct $58.61 from my credit card the same day. (Thanks to Bank of America they noticed that is was a foreign Bank withdrawal and notified me).
    I tried by phone to cancel from 2/3/09 to 2/6/09 with no one answering the phones. I waited on hold then the line went blank. This process went for 3 times a day for 4 days. On 2/9/09 I emailed the cancellation without knowing if it actually would cancel and starter the protest process with my banking institution.
    On 2/12/09 they took out the 58.61. On 2/12/09 I finally contacted this "organization" and met with a terrible response. They stated that it was my problem that I did not get in contact with them therefore the only recourse that I have is to protest the charges through my Credit Card.

• Na
      13th of Feb, 2009

I just got hit by them for 58.61, and I am pissed off. I hate when those scam artists misrepresent and charge your card for. This is nothing but the work of dirtbags. I am trying to get refunded and will certainly report this to my local precinct.

• Ro
      15th of Feb, 2009

I got taken for 58.61, out of my checking account . supposed to ben one time fee of 1.95.Tried to cancel but was always put on hold.Something need to be done about these crooks.

16th of Feb, 2009

I got taken for 68. plus 13.42 dollars out of my checking. I was only to be charged 2.95. Boy what a wake up call. I called this number 1-866-470-6898. finally got thru she said her name was Regina Silvers and there was supposedly a email sent to me but I didn't get one. She also said there are no refunds. Something does need to be done about these crooks.

18th of Feb, 2009

i need a phone number

23rd of Feb, 2009

Was tod of the charge of $1.95 would be taken from my account. i called to cancel and there was not answer. I called back and they told me my 7 days were up and to E-mail the manager. Named Jarvis. I want my $68.13 returned to my account immediately.

• Do
      25th of Feb, 2009

I authorized this company to send me a CD about their program, agreeing to pay for shipping and handling, which was less than $3.00. When I got my credit card statement, they had charged me $58.61, in addition to the $2.95 for the CD! This was advertised as "free" information. I wouldn't have purchased this program even if it was a great one because I knew my balance on this credit card was close to the limit and wouldn't have taken any chance of going over my limit, period! I ended up going over limit anyway, due to this scam outfit charging me almost $60 for a program I wouldn't have bought due to fact I have several books already about grants. But I figured I would spend <$3 to cover s&h charges just to see if it had any useful info on it. This company should be fined, and everyone they cheated should be given their money back at the minimum.

25th of Feb, 2009

cancel your cards now if you don't want to be a victim.

25th of Feb, 2009

report your card lost or stolen

• Aa
      27th of Apr, 2009

After paying 2.99 for shipping and handling I was scammed for 69.49 with in a week. This was unauthorized by me and I did not sign up for anything but a CD for Grant information. I have been fighting with my Bank about it and it is under investigation. You can't trust a government site... or was it? I want my money back and the bank returned the money to the a Scam artists last week for lack of evidence. Yeah right. I will file a suet.