MyGrantDollars / unauthorized charged of $58.61

1 3000 Julip DriveKissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-483-1483

I signed up for a $1.95 charge to look at sites of grant dollars, the next thing I knew my account was charged $58.61 that I did NOT authorize. When I contacted the phone number I was told I signed up for this. Completely false. Where can I go to get help?
Michele Aichner,
Kissimmee, FL

Comments

Ni
  10th of Feb, 2009

they took $68.18 out of my checking account with out my permission.

Rh
J Barnes
Phone: 316 312-0722

I authorized $1.95 for a 7 day trial on 2/4/09...on 2/8/09 $58.61 was taken out of my account...that is only 4 days not 7...what school did they go to? I want my money back now!!!

Ca
MyGrantDollars - scam
Minnesota

Same thing happened to my son. He paid the $1.95 that just hit the bank on the 9th now another $58.61 is pending. That leaves him with less than 0.00 in his bank account, we watch every penny. Bank will help us through it but we have to close his account and after four tries we finally waited 20 minutes and got MyGrantDollars on the phone, they gave him a cancellation number. But we will close the account before it posts.
This is so unfair for the students that are just trying to search for anything that can help them out in this economy stricken world. I hate hearing about the billion dollars of bonuses that the executives are getting while our college students are struggling to find tuition money.

Wh
mygrantdollars

I was charged a fee of 58.61 that was unauthorized. I called the company which provided a phone number of 18664706898 and explained to them that this charge was not authorized by myself. The customer service rep rudely stated that it was authorized and the fee will not be refunded and then hung up.

Ra
  13th of Feb, 2009
salt
Utah

After being charged for shipping and handling, I have yet to receive my CD. Then yesterday I see my account has been charged $58.16 without my authorization. It is still pending. I gave no consent, and there was no disclaimer about being charged for a trial membership or a reoccuring fee; I know, I ALWAYS read the fine print. I'm just upset and feel swindled. I have to admit that them taking my money would be legit IF they had it in the fine print, but there was no mention of any additional fees or cancelation dates.

What's so interesting about this is; don't they realize that the people that they are stealing from...the people that would answer an add about grant money are probably out of jobs, or in desperate need of money to pay bills?!!?!! And they STEAL from us!!? We are struggling to get this nation out of an economic depression and they have the audacity to steal from the poor!!! I'm outraged.

Rachel

De
  13th of Feb, 2009
MyGrantDollars - rip off scam-unauthorized bank withdraw
My Grant Dollars

My Grant Dollars made an unauthized withdraw from my account from $58.61. I never rec'd my FREE ( 2.95 for s/h) CD, no emails, no literature, but 10 days later, they ripped me off and charged me 58.61 for NOTHING!!! i called them and they refused to talk to me and said they send emails that go to people's SPAM accounts so they never get them...this is a total online scam and a consumer rip off...someone needs to hold them accountable!!!

Te
  16th of Feb, 2009

Did you pay with your credit card? If so call them and have them investigate and more than likely you will get that full amount refunded to you. I had a similar situation happen with priceline, they charged my credit card 91.00 for no reason. So I called my CC company and they credited it back off my account.

Pa
  17th of Feb, 2009

i know the feeling they did the same thing too me and i turn them into the internalrevanues and i am also going to go back to the bank and i am disbuting it. i called these people 3 times and not once could i speak to a superviser. hope it works out for you too.

Ri
  17th of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I "disputed" the charges and the credit card company (CITI) immediately credited my account. Seems CITI is aware of this scam. I also called 8664706898 and they gave me a cancellation number. The bank told me to watch my account, as even with a cancellation of these two specific charges, they (mygrantdoll.com) tries to re-bill. If that happens, you have to close down the existing credit card and get a new card number. Hope that helps.

Sa
  17th of Feb, 2009

I just got charged $58.61 as well. I agreed to pay the $1.95. Not anything else. This is ridiculous.

Sa
  17th of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I got charged $1.95 which I agreed to but not the $58.61. I went back to look at the original confirmation e-mail from the $1.95 and at the above in small print it states that there will be a recurring fee of $58.61 unless you call customer service within the free trial period or cancel up to 2 days before the next billing cycle. What a crock.

The customer service number they gave me is: 1-800-235-1364

I'm calling them right now. Be careful.

Co
  17th of Feb, 2009

I had the same amount charged to my credit card. Not only that, but I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail and I can't log into their site to even "contact us". So basically I have no account name or PW and am getting charged. Internet Hoaxes ftl.

Hi
  18th of Feb, 2009
MyGrantDollars - Theft
My Grant Dollars

I paid $1.95 on 2/9 for their 'free' CD, I was just charged $58.61 today on my Debit account and I am wondering what I need to do?

Er
  18th of Feb, 2009

call 1-800-999-2374, it is the number for dri reg.net who was hired by a company to make these charges for them. if you were like me I also pd the shipping fee but never gat a confirmation email or any mention as to starting a subscription to this specific company which was called Stage 6 ( email: info@verifyyourorder.com) this is a big scam and im am trying to get charges pressed against this company for doing these actions through a friend at the FBI. I am also trying to get some kind of refund from DRI for doing shabby business. They had no Idea how to get ahold of this com, pany that is suppose to be one of their clients. In my business doings that is some vital information. Not even a phone number, address, state ... Nothing ...###

Jm
  25th of Feb, 2009

Yes this very same thing happen to me! except I only was suppose to pay $1.95 on account I wanted instant access online with no s&h fee. got nothing special and on top of it about a week later they charged me $68.13 and on top of that they charged me $18.00 for insufficient fund fees. How can I be charged insuffient fund fees when I never even authorized them to make the charge to my account. I have e-mailed the US Attorney General about these scammers and I am hoping they will do something about it before more people get ripped off by these crooks

As
  2nd of Mar, 2009
MyGrantDollars - scams
grantsccessclub.com
Michigan

I paid the $1.95 also. When i went back to see if i could get the money i forgot what the website was calld so I typed in MYGRANTMONEY.COM and saw all the review complaints. I quickly cancled my credit card that i had used previously. I called the 1800 number to tell them that i wanted to cancle my membership.. and told them that i heard that u charges people $68 everymonth after there trial period... they said that they tried to charge my creditcard and it was declined. THank god i cancled it just in time!! They told me where u add ur credit card info on the web page, that it tells u at the botttom that u will be charged $68 after a 7 day trial period. I checked that out for myself and it does say that in very small print! This is such a SCAM!!! I feel bad for who ever gets sucked into it.

El
  4th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree with this. I have tried to get intouch with this company, but have not been able to get through. If some one could provide an easier way to do this I would greatly appreciate it. You can reach me at elizabethtiffin@hotmail.com.

Elizabeth M. Tiffin
Winder, GA

Rj
  5th of Mar, 2009

I'm in the same boat.Paid 2.97 and never recieved anything.I called them and was told it's in the fine print that there would be a mothly charge.The problem is I NEVER recieved a c/d or even an e-mail.
I called and was told there would be no refund.
They billed my account an additional 59.08 -
eleven days later.
THIS IS OUT AND OUT STEALING.
This is so wrong when most of us are just trying to get ahead in life.
THIS IS OUT AND OUT STEALING !!!

RJ