My.CreditReport.com / they can't find my account

1 Essex, MD, United States Review updated:

I went to my.creditreport.com, instead of free credit report.com, as my wife told me, Thi was on 4/5/09.On 4/7/09 I called this company, and gave them my name, phone number, and credit card acct. #, so i could cancel this.They sid they could not find anything, but i did get a persons name and id#, and she said if I get a bill, (which I'm sure I will), to call her back.Now that my better half has chewed a good portion of my ### off, I'll know better next time, I hope

Comments

• Rp
      2nd of Mar, 2009
    My.CreditReport.com - They charge you!!!
    My.CreditReport.com
    creditreport.com

You have a hard time finding this company online and then when you do You have already been charged. I called the Company and canceled my service on Feb. 26, 2009 and Here it is March 2, 2009 and I see a charge of $14.95 on my bank statement. DO NOT BE CONFUSED THIS COMPANY IS NOT THE SAME AS FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM They tried to tell me that I called the wrong Co. on the 26th and now the cancellation Number does not work for their system. They know what they are doing!!! They even gave me a # to a rival Co. of theirs that uses a 5 digit cancellation number. I called it and I was NEVER signed up with that company. How would they know what system a rival CO. uses unless it was all part of the game? I want my money back!!! And I don't want anyone else to be taken advantage of.

7th of Apr, 2009

I went to my.creditreport.com, instead of freecreditreport.com, as my wife told me, This was on 4/5/09.On 4/7/09 I called this company, and gave them my name, phone number and credit card number, so i could cancel this.They said they could not find anything, but I did get a persons name, and id#and she said if I get a bill, to call them back, and the would make sure i was not charged, we will see how that goes.Anyone else tries to use this company, don"t, unless you want to haveyour wife chew your ### out.

• Zi
      11th of Jan, 2010

SCAM SCAM SCAM my.creditreport.com - SCAM SCAM SCAM

I also experienced a scam from this company. They automatically enrolled me into some "monthly credit report monitoring program". This was sometime in October 09. In January 10, I was looking over my credit card statement and saw that they have been charging me $12.95 for the last 4 months. I called and the rep kept on talking about some agreement which gave them permission to enroll me into the program which is not true. After speaking with them for more than 10 minutes, the rep offered to lower my monthly charge and didn't return my money back.

Please be advised that any company offering free credit reports online need to eventually make money from you. If they were to offer you free credit report - they will automatically enroll you into a monthly program. In my case, I paid $52.00 of my hard earned money for no reason.

• Cy
      4th of Mar, 2010

I signed up with this company to get my yearly credit report. I decided to cancel. First, I was annoyed that they don't let you do it through your account on line, you have to call and get their "hard sell". It took 10 minutes to get the sales person to cancel my account, I did it on the 4th of the month, due to renew on the 23rd and if I cancelled today I would lose the money for the month of March, completely. No prorate, no service through the end of the term that I paid for. You have to call back on the very day in order to cancel.

Forget it. I'll never use them again.

• Sp
      10th of Mar, 2010

when you do get through and get it canceled, theres no way to delete your account or your credit/debit card info just chilling on thier website... I am very angry that they cannot get rid of my personal info off thier website.

29th of Mar, 2010

well i learn my lesson too.. i order from this company and then google about them and i found out that they rip me off.. i dont have any info. of my credit.. and so i cancel on the same day.. but to completely cancel i cancel my atm card so they wont charge me again..

• Co
      6th of Jun, 2010

wont allow me to cancel

• Sd
      9th of Jun, 2010

By the way, the phone number for the deduction on my bank account for these robbers is 866-883-3309. I just called their number and spoke to a woman named Eilene (Ilene?). She asked for my social and I told her I wasn't sure I wanted to give her that. She managed to find my account and said she would cancel it as of today, while reminding me that with my payment I was good until July 8th. I told her to cancel it now. She sounded a bit nervous. The phone number on my bank account is not the same as those on their website, so use it.

• Sd
      9th of Jun, 2010

I realized that the spelling in my last name is usually spaced (it's a french name beginning with "La") After calling to cancel, I thought I'd try to log in again without the space. Sure enough, it worked! However, having told me she was cancelling my account and sending me an email stating such, I was able to log in and found that I am shown as "Active". No email has arrived. I will likely have to cancel my bank card now and get a new number. Meanwhile, I'll have no access to my money because I have an online only account. Where is the F.B.I. when you need them?

12th of Aug, 2010

What about our social security numbers?!!! I'm so worried about that

• Ry
      13th of Aug, 2010
    My.CreditReport.com - Credit score is 100 points off
    my credit report
    creditreport.com

I ordered this credit monitoring service with credit scores so i can keep track of my scores to make sure they keep going up and i could not believe that my scores they were showing were around 740 with a bankruptcy on file. After two months i ordered another credit report with three credit scores advertised by my. Creditreport.com and the three scores were around 630. For me 630 makes more since bec of the bankruptcy on file. This website is a scam. . .
    I canceled my account today.
    Az resident

• Tr
      25th of Aug, 2010

they told me the only way i could cancel my account is to contact call customer services i called the number thats on the web site mon-fri 6am to 6pm and it keep saying the office is closed iwould like to cancel and it is still before the seven day free trial thank you

• La
      30th of Aug, 2010
    my creditreport.com - Credit score is 100 points off
    my creditreport,com
    Triangle
    Virginia
    Phone: 5712468892

cannot contact creditreport.com to cancel membership