Mycredithealth.comFraud

R Review updated:

I use a preloaded Wallmart Debit card on the web for purchases. While making a purchase on another website it came back as declined. When I checked the Wallmart accounts website to see what the problem was there were 2 charges in the month of June for mycredithealth.com. each for $29.95. I immediately called them and they informed me that I had used the card on their website and did not cancel after the free 7 day privilege. I emplained to them that I did not enroll in their site. They told me that I had and that they had emailed out credit reports from all three credit reporting agencies. They were unwilling to give me any information. I do not understand how someone could order a credit report or obtain my social security number to do so. They were unwilling to give me the social security number involved. I finally gave them my email address and they admitted it was not the email address on file. They agreed to cancel the account. But not refund the money without an IC-3 report of fraud to the FBI which I promptly made . I am unable to go any furthur back than June on the Wallmart website so I do not know if charges were made before that. According to their records the acct was activated on May 4, 2009. I have since notified Walmart of the fraud. And received an automated response from IC-3 which was forwarded to My Credit Report.com. Whomever has perpetrated this crime also put a charge through to Apple I Tunes and they have been most helpful in resolving the problem. However, of course they will not give me any information regarding the account. When crimes like these are commited the consumer has no recourse in getting the information needed to prosecute. I pulled a credit report from Equifax and it showed nothing. We have no revolving credit, our mortgage is paid off and no credit cards and haven't had for the last 14 years. There were also no inquiries showing. I have another credit report coming from TRW though the mail. And will be interested to see what that says. My advice to all is that if you need a credit report you can go through the federal government and get one free each and every year. Do not pay for credit reports online have them mailed to your residence.

Jul 16, 2009

It doesn't sound like MyCreditHealth.com did anything wrong here but you seem to be accusing them of fraud. You say that they promptly cancelled your account after your alerted them to the situation. It is unfortunate that you were a victim of identity theft and it is good that you have taken action to rectify the situation, but it seems unfair for you to accuse MyCreditHealth.com or Apple iTunes of fraud.

Aug 14, 2009
    mycredithealth.com - need to unsuscribe
    credit health
    Florida

i need to unsuscribe for this service and they dont answer my emails and phone calls.i dont want to be billed.

Aug 20, 2009

i would like to unscribe to this not have anything take off my credit card thank you

Aug 30, 2009

people need to read all offer details, terms and conditions, and terms of service before ever giving their credit card information up on the internet.

Aug 30, 2009

now why would you recommend having a copy of your credit report mailed to you? what would you do if that mail was ever lost or stolen.

Sep 09, 2009

I Want to unsubcried and nomore of my credit card blease cancel

Cancell

Sep 09, 2009

No, more credit card bills

Sep 09, 2009

no mo re credit card charges

Dec 13, 2009

Okay,

First of all, I have never read, seen, nor heard of mycredithealth.com in my life (up until this point). Just recently I go to transfer money to my sisters account (she does the christmas shopping while im in school) and low and behold I am in over draft!

I thought what could I have possible charged to my account that would have put me in overdraft? The answer, nothing.

Upon investigation, I noticed a one time fee of $29.95 from mycredithealth.com. I never once inquired about credit (I am a college student and have been lucky enough to never own a credit card) and I have never tried a "free trail".

I found these two things to be fairly homogeneous amongst these complaints about this website.

However, I was able to find one story that, although slightly, still seemed to resemble mine.

One person had made (or tried to make) a purchase with their "Walmart" gift card and after being declined they noticed the charges.. Since they said it was declined once I am assuming that they had used the card previously. Here is where are stories begin to relate.

In late November I made a purchase from Walmart.com (contact lenses if you must know) and that was the very last thing I used my card for on the internet. Now in early December I am having issues with this mystery company.

I wonder, do these two (Walmart and mycredithealth.com) have anything to do with eacher other? Could there be a breach in Walmart's e-commerce security? Perhaps this is just a peculiar coincidence...

I'm not really sure what to believe but I hope I get this figured out. I'm too young and BROKE to be dealing with this [censored]!

• C
      Dec 14, 2009

Hi dwilson1,
    Have you contacted customer service? If not you can reach them at [protected] during business hours of Mon.-Fri. 8am-8pm, Sat. 8am-5pm and Sun. 12am-6pm CST. Also, you can contact me directly for assistance with this matter.

Jan 25, 2010
    mycredithealth.com - mycheckingacctwascharged$19.95
    New York

fromfrom thatmychecking acct.wascharged $19.95. never requsted information from that company please credit my checking acct. thank you.

• Y
      Feb 05, 2010

Hey, I had the exact same problem. It was after I purchased glasses frame from Walmart. I started noticed there was a purchase from mycredithealth.com. I think there is some correlation between the two and it must be investigated

Apr 22, 2010
    mycredithealth.com - Unauthorized debit of my bank card
    South Africa

MyCreditHealth debited my bank card with $29.95(R219.95). I never authorized them to do so and cannot get hold of them. Where did they get my bank card number? I want my money back

• C
      Apr 23, 2010

The company you have a complaint with is Credit Health Report based in South Africa. They provide credit reports to consumers in South Africa.

MyCreditHealth does not provide services in South Africa.

Credit Health Report's website is http://www.credithealth.co.za/. On Credit Health Report's website it says you can contact them at [protected].

• J
      Jul 02, 2010
    mycredithealth.com - nonauthorization of my atm card
    3772 E.redwood road
    Ceres
    California
    Phone: [protected]

i received a overdraft statement from my bank today when i called to find out what the heck was going on. I was
    informed that my atm card was used 6/28/10 by mycredithealth.com for 19.95. i have never used this web service and want to know immediately how you got my card #/ and i want something done about this illegal use
    of my card. i also am making a complaint to the bbb regarding this company. i need a supervisor to contact me immediately.

thank you james vanwinkle.
    7/2/10
    8:09 pm
    please leave voice mail if noone answers.

Jul 02, 2010

The company is located in Texas so you need to file a complaint with BBB there. You also need to file complaints with Attorney General offices in Cal and Texas. Cal because you indicate that is where you reside, and Tx because that is where the company is. File complaints with IC3 and FTC as well. You need a hard copy letter from the card company that was used for the charges showing that you made a complaint and what they determined. An email from them is less effective. Once you receive the letter, make a copy and file complaints explaining that there were fraudult charges made and you are unhappy that the company has not addressed the situation. No matter how the bank or credit company responds keep insisting they remove the charges and refund or remove the over draft charges. If they think they can frustrate you enough to go away then they will not do anything. Most of all making a pest of yourself tends to wear them down.

• they such.how can they say they can help you.their web site doesn't even have a valid security certificate.when i tried to look at my credit score i couldn't.i hit the button that said view my credit score a error popped up.it said content blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.i called and asked them to tell me my scores over the phone.the first lady said they cant see the info and to just turn of my security so i can see it and then turn it back on.i asked for a supervisor.i could hear her typing away and then stop then start again and came back and told me that the supervisor said to walk you through turning off the security program on my computer.i said look i asked to talk to your supervisor not for you to ask for me i want to talk to them.she said ok ill patch you throgh.then the typing started again.after about ten minutes she said the supervisors were all on other calls and they can call me back or if i want i can hold.the supervisor tells me to do the same thing, turn of my security off.how in the hell can they do bissness and not even have a valid security certificate for internet explorer.o we will keep your info safe and inform you of any changes but you cant use internet explore unless you turn of the security that is there to keep you safe or you cant see what you paid us for.what kind of bull [censor] is that?then i tell them to cancel my membership and she tells me i have to wait 24hours before i can.then tells me thats not fair to them.that just because explore says we dont have a security certificate.i told her mam most everyone uses internet explorer.you should have made sure the first time this hapend that you fix it. then i hung up onher stupid [censor] and called visa and told them i wanted to disput the one dollar charge and canceled my card.then they told me there was i one dollar charge then there was another for twenty nine from them too.dont trust these dip [censor] they are rip offs and if that dumb [censor] buyer-beware wants to say its not fair that we say these thing about mycredithealth.com like he did too the other guy then screw off stupid and get a life.by the way dont think your slik we know you work for them or get paid to do it my them.so f off

• P
      Nov 09, 2010

They are crooks!! I found on my credit card statement a charge from MyCreditHealth.com. on our company account. I called them and was told that a request for a credit report was made using our company credit card. The name they gave me was my fathers who has been dead for 5 years. They also told me that questions that were asked on their site were not answered correctly to get the report. I then asked do you usualy run a credit report on someone that is not using a credit card in their name, also on someone who did not answer your questions correctly, AND on someone who has been DEAD for 5 years? I got no answer to any of my questions. I told them I wanted my money refunded to our business account, and was told it was up to another department. I then told them that if I did not get my money refunded I would contact all 3 credit reporting companies and tell them how they run their business. We still have not been credited our refund and our lawyer has written a letter to all 3 credit agency's to let them know that this company is not secure, and they should not allow them access to credit records.

• P
      Nov 09, 2010

Oh, to continue the above text. If this company takes your money it is fraud if you did not order a report. The fact that they charged us $29.95 for a credit report that was NOT issued to start with, because when someone is dead their is no report. Second, the $29.95 is for an ongoing report, and how can you give an ongoing report if their is no report to begin with?? We also sent a letter to their state attourney general advising them of this, because that is fraud when one excepts money from a credit card knowing they can not provide the service they have charged for. Someone should remind them that if a person is dead they have NO credit, and NO credit report is avalable. When someone dies the Social Security Administration places that persons name on it's death index files. Any report about them becomes history, and is no longer avalable.

Jun 07, 2012
    mycredithealth.com - never authorized debit
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]
    mycredithealth.com

I checked my credit on Creditkarma.com. Then I was flooded with phone calls about repairing my credit. I wondered what the heck was going on. Well I checked my bank transactions online and found mycredithealth.com had debited my account $19.95, I NEVER AUTHORIZED THIS DEBIT!! This is a scam of some kind and I am NOT happy.

• I
      Jul 17, 2012

I HAVE EXPERIENCED ALMOST THE EXACT SCENARIO DOWN TO THE MONTH AND DATE I SUPPOSEDLY HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED. I EXPLAINED THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ANYTHING CONCERNING TRIAL OFFERS, CREDIT MONITORING OR ANYTHING ELSE ONLINE. THIS IS WHY I AM VERY WEARY OF CONDUCTING ANY TRANSACTIONS USING TECHNOLOGY. IT IS GETTING WAY TO EASY TO STEAL IDENTITIES, MAKE UP ACCOUNTS, ETC.