mycomputerfun.com / Unauthorized Charge

Like the other complaints on this site, my check card was used to make an unauthorized charge of $7.92. The company's number never gets any further than a voice mail that is barely audible; I have emailed their support 2 times since yesterday and filled out a "Money Back Request" on their site, when I first noticed the charge, but have not heard anything back from them. I have informed them that I will be filing complaints with The Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. I plan on calling my bank again tomorrow evening if I have still not heard back about a "refund" for a purchase I never made for a product I can't even use on my Mac computer.

Comments

• Mr
      10th of Sep, 2009

I was charged an unauthorized charge for this company and have never used the site or purchased anything from them until I got my bank statement of $7.92. I have tried to call them and it is only an answering machine no other phone no. lised on the web site I have e-mailed them 4 or 5 times and requested a refund and received back an automated e-mail that mu request was acceped and customer service would contact me shortly. I have not received any other correspondence from them and it has been almost a week. I did cancel my bank card to be sure no more charges would be added to it. Hence I need a refund of $7.92 by check or money order

Mrs. S

• Ne
      15th of Sep, 2009

I JUST noticed an unauthorized charge on my online bank account statement from this company - MyComputerFun.com - as well, tried calling the number and also received an inaudible message/no response.. What's going on!? This is very creepy, unsure what to do about it..

• Ne
      15th of Sep, 2009
    mycomputerfun.com - Unauthorized Charges on bank statment - Fraud/Scam
    MyComputerFun.com

Severe unauthorized charges just discovered on my bank statement by a website/company I have never even heard of or been to before and they are also impossible to get a hold of.. Anyone know what to do?

• Cr
      5th of Oct, 2009

I have online banking alerts and was able to contact my bank before any money was paid to this company. I did cancel the card they used. To protect yourself sign up for alerts from your bank when someone makes a purchase with your credit card. I get alerts by email and text.

• Cr
      5th of Oct, 2009

Contact you bank about the fraudulent charges and see if they will reverse them. Also, cancel the credit card or debit card used to make these purchases. I have alerts on all of my accounts and receive an email and text message when a purchase is made either online, over the phone or in person using my credit cards or debit cards. That was how I was able to catch this charge in the pending stage before they got any money and cancelled the card so they could not try again.

• Te
      12th of Nov, 2009
    mycomputerfun
    Arizona

I had a charge for $7.92 from mycomputerfun.com on my debit card yesterday. I tried for 2 days to get through on 888 number. Busy Signal. Requested a refund on their webpage. I used my debit card on priceline.com recently. Not sure if it's related.

• Gd
      15th of Mar, 2010
    mycomputerfun.com - unauthorized charge on my debit card
    Georgia

I was reviewing my account today notice a $4.92 charge to my visa debit card from a company name computerfun.com. I have had no dealings with this company in the past. After reading the comments of others who've had the same done to them from this same company, I decide to call my financial institution right away and cancel my card. I did not want to take change and have this bogus company sift and another possibly larger charge from my account. I have tried calling the 800 number but kept getting a busy signal. Is there someone that can be contacted about this bogus company. Who are they and where are they located? If they get enough of these from enough folks cards, it could really add up.

• Wi
      7th of May, 2010
    Phone: 888-359-4830
    mycomputerfun.com

These crooked A holes have stolen money from my bank account again. They stole $4.92 last November 15th & I had to cancel & change my debit card which is very inconvienent. Now, Somehow they have gotten the new card number & charged the same amount to my card again. 5/7/10. I had to go back to the bank today & cancel my debit card again. Someone out there that I deal with are giving my number to these crooks. I have sent a complaint to http://complaint.ic3.gov If everyone that is scammed by these crooks will send a complaint, Maybe they can do something about them. I wish I knew where they were I would be very pleased to blow them to hell.

• Xz
      10th of May, 2010

Unautherized hit on my debit card for $1.92. I have never
    done any business with these people and don't know how they got card
    number.

• Mi
      26th of May, 2010
    Michelle Miller
    Nebraska

On my credit card bill I recieved a charge of 7.92$ from a company called MYCOMPUTERFUN.COM. There phone number they put is 888-359-4830. When trying to call this number the line is always busy. I feel that they are a scam artist and that I have been robbed. Thank-you Michelle Miller

• Gr
      22nd of Jun, 2010
    mycomputerfun.com - unauthorized charges
    Mycomputerfun.com
    California

This company has also put an unauthorized charge on my VISA account for $4.92. (I wonder if they're planning to continue to charge me monthly.) How did they get my VISA number, as I've never done business with them? They have a form for refunds, but you need an order number--and I never ordered from them! What can I do now?

• Lo
      8th of Oct, 2010

I am another victim, to the tune of (only) $1.99. I just checked and the company has given up the ghost in terms of cyberspace: so you canot obtain redress via the internet.

Go to this url and find out that mycomputerfun is now off the air: