Mycleanpc.com

Posted:

Stay away from these guys

Mycleanpc.com
mycleanpc.com
Decided to check out mycleanpc.com after viewing a TV ad. The site advertised the service at $49, so I decided to pass. As I was closing the window, the site offered me a special of $20, which I accepted. A software utility was downloaded to my PC and I received a message that I had to call an 800 number to have the software activated.

The 800 number turned out to be a "support technician" who remoted into my PC, ran a CyberDefencer scorecard program, then proceeded to tell me that my computer was in desperate need of cleaning and tuning up by a professional technician and assured me that the only reasonable course of action would be to purchase their $389.97/2 yr service contract for remote support.

I decided to pass, refused to activate their registry cleaner software, then spent the next hour on the phone trying to cancel my subscription. While cancelling, the customer service rep tried several times to refuse to cancel me, stating that it was "too soon" and imploring me to just try the software for another week.

Finally convincer her to cancel me and got a confirmation #... no clue if she actually did cancel my purchase.

Stay away from these guys.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

N  11th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
A very good reputable registry cleaner is CCleaner.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree