Mycleanpc.com / Stay away from these guys
Decided to check out mycleanpc.com after viewing a TV ad. The site advertised the service at $49, so I decided to pass. As I was closing the window, the site offered me a special of $20, which I accepted. A software utility was downloaded to my PC and I received a message that I had to call an 800 number to have the software activated.
The 800 number turned out to be a "support technician" who remoted into my PC, ran a CyberDefencer scorecard program, then proceeded to tell me that my computer was in desperate need of cleaning and tuning up by a professional technician and assured me that the only reasonable course of action would be to purchase their $389.97/2 yr service contract for remote support.
I decided to pass, refused to activate their registry cleaner software, then spent the next hour on the phone trying to cancel my subscription. While cancelling, the customer service rep tried several times to refuse to cancel me, stating that it was "too soon" and imploring me to just try the software for another week.
Finally convincer her to cancel me and got a confirmation #... no clue if she actually did cancel my purchase.
Stay away from these guys.
More Mycleanpc.com Complaints & Reviews
- Mycleanpc.com - customer service 
- Mycleanpc.com - I fell for this stupid gimmick 
- Mycleanpc.com - Annoying company 
- Cyberdefener/MaxMySpeed/MyCleanPC - Rip off 
- Mycleanpc.com - wanted trial only i was charged for full subscription (didn't even get the service)i want to be credited thanx 
- MyCleanPC - Charged my bank for a renewal which I do not want n
- Mycleanpc.com - I want to unsubscribe 
- MyCleanPC - horrible customer service
- MyClean PC - U.S. Tech Support - Failed To Make Repairs As Promised 
- Mycleanpc.com - For $40 their software does nothing