mybillingguys.com / Fraudulent charges

United States Review updated:

Found charges of $8.23 on my AT&T bill for MyBillingGuys for at least the last 3 months. This is a service that neither my husband nor I subscribed to and yet these people have all our private information. Called AT&T - They said they are just a third party billing company and they couldn't help us. Told us to call [protected], IDL's number. Could not get a human on the line. The voice said I could cancel by going to www.cancelmyvm.com which I did. Now it remains to be seen if that was effective. What I want to know is how do we stop these people from getting away with this. How many people actually check their phone bills line by line each month? How many even get a "paper", not email, bill any more? Even if IDL only gets 3 or 4 months from us unsuspecting suckers, times that by thousands who are being scammed and it is big bucks for this company. How much does AT&T make off this scam by allowing IDL to bill through them. This is fraud from both IDL AND AT&T. It must be investigated and stopped. What can we do to promote suc an investigation?
Yu

Comments

Pa
  5th of Nov, 2008

mybillingguys.com - charges to my phonebill

This company keeps charging to my phone bill. How can AT&T in good faith support bussines like this? All you need is a address and phone number to bill someone? So the phone books of the nation have become a gold mine for anyone who wants to go into bussines?
Ma
  7th of Jan, 2009
I have exactly the same problem. I call ATT each month to reverse the charge but it reappears next month and there never is anyone that answers the ILD customer support line provided by ATT. This is a scam and ATT need to do more to prevent these guys getting away with these charges
Bz
  26th of Jan, 2009
i agree these people need to be stopped they did the same thing to us. billing with no authorization, how are they getting away with it.
Ma
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Dido. The above comments sound just like my own complaint. I just don't understand how AT&T can allow this to happen to their customers. The first agent I spoke from AT&T just confused me more by not really listening to me and saying there was nothing could be done - she did not even take the cancelation confirmation number that the Enhanced Services had given me. She did give me another number that had no knowledge of what I was talking about. I then recalled AT&T and did get the help I needed. The action I will take is not to pay the Enhanced Services charge. The AT&T agent said is will not affect my credit.
De
  17th of Apr, 2009
i was also charged by a company named Agora voice that i have never heard of or ordered. how can we get rid of this? i was told to turn them in to better business bureau. nothing we can do except cancel or phones or pay the charges.
Mi
  15th of Jun, 2009
Oh my gosh! so many other with the same issue! I have windstream and notice a new charge of $8.23. I nor my husband never signed up for anything yet we were charged and god only knows how long its been going on. Good thing I checked the bill carefully this month. Warn all your friends this could be happening to them!!!
Bi
  1st of Sep, 2009
Call 1800-225-5322 Consumer complaint--FBI.. Also do not pay the$8.32.. Have AT&T remove it from your phone bill..Watch your monthly bills and stop pay.. Try to cancel the Voicemail Service via online wbsite or 18002151961...Good luck Everybody s got a scam so We as individuals have to be vigilent..
Tj
  15th of Sep, 2009
I got an $8.43 charge on my last Verizon bill from a company called Secure - Phone. Never signed up for it and never heard of it.

I called Verizon, they transferred me to another number than they transferred me to 1-800-215 1961 in which they said they would cancel it but didn't mention if they were going to refund my $8.43.

They even had the nerve to ask me if I had entered a contest via the internet. I don't even know what that would have to do with them illegally obtaining my information from the internet and illegally putting a charge on my Verizon bill.

Heck with the stupid government stimuli programs and start protecting citizens from these CROOKS!