My Vip Fit Extreme Acai Berry / Fraud

1 Utah, FL, United States Review updated:

You enter a website through searching for Acai berry and it takes you to this site but you really dont know what the site is and like many others I realized withing 13 days that I need to call to cancel and been trying all day and one time got through and woman said system was down to call back later and hung up. Keep getting busy signal or if get a message hold for over 10 min and no sound . I dont even know if still connected. I have not had this before ordering from the internet but I know now this is a scam.
I dont know what to do .

An

Comments

• Li
      26th of Oct, 2008

I am going through the exact same thing and I don't know what to do. I am scared they are going to charge my credit card before I can call. How do I stop it?

• Mi
      27th of Oct, 2008

OKay that the same thing happened with me, biggest scam ever! I don't know what to do either, I called my credit company to dispute the charges because at the time of ordering there was nothing about being charged monthly. Biggest scam ever!

• Ms
      27th of Oct, 2008

Going through the same thing now! Called the 1-877-350-8480 and keep getting a message like the number is not in service. I have to call within 2 days! What is the damn deal?

27th of Oct, 2008

SAME PROBLEM HERE. CAN'T GET THROUGH TO CANCEL. BANK GAVE ME ANOTHER # 801-208-8735. SAME PROBLEM. BUSY-BUSY-BUSY. GOING TO CANCEL MY CARD AS MY NUMBER COULD NOW BE IN THE HANDS OF THESE PEOPLE THAT, APPARENTLY, DON'T WANT TO BE CONTACTED BY ANYONE AT ANY TIME.

• Mi
      27th of Oct, 2008

Absolutely! They continually charged my bank account without ever sending me a product, an E-Mail, or even a valid phone number.

Eventually, a small bottle of pills arrived at my doorstep. I enclosed a demand for my money to be returned in it, and tagged it as: Return To Sender.

Once the charges are no longer "pending" to my bank account, I'll be disputing them. I'd like to report this to the proper authorities as well.

If you have information, or if this has happened to you, send me the details. Perhaps we can even get a class action lawsuit out of this.

My e-mail address is: kovichm@gmail.com

27th of Oct, 2008

My vip fit took $89.31 from my debit card. I have filled out a dispute form with my bank. They keep telling me to call the number 801-208-8735. I have tried, and tried, everytime I get a constant busy signal. Maybe if I print this article I will have some luck. The bank also said there were terms of agreement on this page, I don't see any. Does anyone have their real email address so I can follow through on what North Country Federal Credit Union told me to do? Thanks.

• He

OMG!!! I AM MORTIFIED.
    I JUST CHECKED MY BANK CARD AND THERE WAS A CHARGE OF $89.31 charged to it. I went to google to ask what VIP FIT was and here I am .
    How can they do this? damn they took the last I had until payday. what do I do now?
    how do I get my money back? I to tried that freaking 800 number and GOT NOTHING!!!
    WILL WE GET OUR MONEY BACK?

• Pa
      28th of Oct, 2008

Like everyone else, same thing happened to me. I haven't even finished the pill and I already started calling them to cancel it, but the number was always busy and one time they were trying to upgrade their phone service. How did you people handle the charges on your accounts. Same number 18773508480 and 18012088735

• We
      28th of Oct, 2008

I am having the same problem...what a scam the number on my bank statement is 877-859-1109. Calling to cancel card and have them issue another one.

• A
      28th of Oct, 2008

I got a call around 8 pm EST from a company saying that I made a purchase from another company recently and that they had given this company my info as a preferred customer. So they were sending me free gas vouchers and discounts in the mail and I had to cancel the discounts' membership within 30 days of receiving them or I'd be charged 19.95 a month for them. When I kept saying I had no idea what she was talking about, she kept using my name (totally telemarket behavior) and saying I understand but... and talked extremely fast.

So she gives me over to their verification department and this guy wants my date of birth to verify my information. I say no ty, and he says we need it, just the month and day, to verify. I told him it didn't matter bc I was canceling this crap anyway and if he could just do that now, that'd be great because I never authorized to give them any of my information and on the website I received the product from, the terms never mentioned giving out my personal information. He gave me membership services, and with an attitude, told me to have a good evening.

I call this number, they claim I'm not in their system and that I had to wait 3-5 days before I could cancel. Well I know that my 14 day trial would be up with the other company in 2 days, and I told her that I didn't even want THEIR product but I'd call back.

I called back the next day and then this lady I spoke with tried to get me to give her my debit card number saying it would help determine what product I purchased so I could cancel. I refused and she said they didn't need the exp date or other info, just that number. I'm sorry, but no! So I asked the name of her company and she says, "We're Membership Services" and I"m like excuse me?

She says they work for several different companies. So by then I was disgusted and told her to have a nice day, and hung up. The nerve of her asking for that info. And when I asked who the company was that gave her company my info, she says it's for privacy protection that they don't give that out. Yet you have my home address, phone number, and last 4 digits of my debit card WITHOUT my approval?!?! What about MY privacy protection?

So I try to contact Fullfillment in Davie, FL to cancel the 14 day trial AGAIN! I'd been calling them for weeks but no answer.

The number I called was 1-801-208-7485. I get nothing but a male automated voice telling me their hours of operation, and then straight to being placed on hold or the line disconnects!! With all these numbers to contact these people and with all of them being the same shady deal, I can't understand how these people are still in business.

I called my bank immediately before any charges were even applied, other than shipping, and had my account closed! This is absolutely ridiculous. They rope you in by not answering your calls within the 14 day period and then sell your information to other shady companies that attempt to do the same thing to you "Cancel withing __ days or we'll charge you $___!!" It's ludicrous!

I suggest you all call your banks immediately and make them aware of the situation. When I told my representative, she agreed that it was shady and that people have had several problems with these, "Membership Services" companies! I'm filing a complaint with every agency possible!

• Am
      28th of Oct, 2008

I am having the exact same issue as everyone else. Busy signals on both numbers and no way to cancel the order.

• Ka
      29th of Oct, 2008

having the same problem - I contacted the credit card people & AM going to file a billing dispute. I have not actually been charged yet - I tried to stop it before I got charged when I couldn't get thru to cancel. I'm writing cus I found another # on the package - (801) 208-7485 and actually was able to cancel - I hope!!

• Ke
      29th of Oct, 2008

I called my bank today...they have helped me. I got ahold of the company and they cancelled my request. This was after I called the number they gave me (which was disconnected). The number is 877-350-8480. I had ordered two weeks ago and still had not recieved anything. Once I called they said my order was just shipped today. How convient for them! I cancelled and they gave me a cancellation number, I am holding onto everything, that way if I do get charged I have a trail to file any grievances. WORDS TO THE WISE...just say no!

• Le
      30th of Oct, 2008

OMG - SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I ordered the Acia Berry Power 500 about 2 weeks ago and haven't seen it. I also got a call about the free gas, etc on Monday. And my dumb butt accepted it! Now I am freaking out. My card was charged the $89.31, I have no product and cannot call to cancel anything. the number is constantly busy, and I can't get through to anyone. My husband is going to kill me! How do you get rid of this crap? Just cancel your debit card and wait for a new one, or do you have to cancel your entire bank account? Please say all I need is a new debit card!!!

• Ri
      30th of Oct, 2008

i just called my credit card company and the custormer service rep took care of everything for me. She told me she called the company at 1 877 859 1109. She told me that they refunded the 89.31 and cancellled any future orders. They gave her a reference #. Make sure you get that. Once you have the reference #, Master card allows them 30 days to refund your card. After that, if they haven't done so, Master Card will dispute the charge on my behalf. This is in Canada, btw, so i hope it helps.

• Ni
      2nd of Nov, 2008

It gets worse - run a check on "Price Limbo.com" and "Fit Factory" and you will find that THEY are also placing charges on credit cards and bank accounts used when ordering the acai berry products! All these companies are inter-connected and there are dozens of complaints on them!
    I recommend only EVER using a prepaid credit card for online purchases and never keeping any money on the card unless you are going to use it quickly for this very reason.
    Am contacting the BBB on this despite the fact that these people got nothing from me but the original S/H charge I agreed to - though not for lack of trying as there is a declined charge on my prepaid visa from price limbo! The more complaints they get the better.

Good luck!

• Ar
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I have found severalnumbers related to this product. I have called all of them and the all have the same answer about the hours of operation. Here is the list if you want them!

(801) 528-1391
    (877) 350-8480
    (877) 8591109
    (214) 432-4712
    (866) 407-1022
    (801) 208-7485

• Na
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I have fallen into the same scam. I have even called their property manager, Barry for Pelican Bays in Davie, Florida. He was not too helpful. For all I know he could be in on what is going on. I am going to file a repjort with the Dade County Sheriff's Department. I called the tenant next door to them to ask him what type of activity is going on there and he says that there is a lot of people that work there and the doors and windows are covered up. He says that there is a lot of UPS deliveries. I am sure that there is. One of them was my product going back. I have reported my credit card stolen so no more charges could be filed on it. I had called my credit card company to dispute the charge. A week later, I get a letter stating that they had closed the case because I was no longer disputing the charge. I asked them how that could have happened and they told me that I woould have to call them and tell them that I have resolved it with them. When I told them that I did not call, they told me that I would have to write a letter and reopen the case that would take a week to reopen. The freakin company called my credit card company and acting as me to cancel the dispute! There will definitely be a fraud report written up with the police department. This company needs to be shut down. If you are a victim of this, report your credit card stolen or they will keep charging and report a fraud report written with them. Stop others from being victims!

• Me
      4th of Nov, 2008

I have the same problem. I received a charge of 89.31 from the vip fit and $8.51 from pricelimbo.com. I called my credit card company and they are disputing the vip fit charge and they refunded me the $8.51 charge from pricelimbo.com. PLEASE!!! MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO STOP THIS!

• De
      4th of Nov, 2008

yes yes yes. this is a scam. do not even try to call and waist your time. you have to call your bank and cancel the whole card. i had to do that myself . luckly i found out before they can charge me the 90 bucks. but yes it is a scam and try to hurry up and cancel that card before they charge your account.