My Shoe Store / Ripped off

1 881 Lafayette RoadHampton, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-6753295

This company is a complete ripoff! I placed an order in February 08 for a pair of shoes. In March 08 I canceled the order because the shoes still were not in stock. First problem, I never should have been charged for the shoes until they shipped. It is now 4 months later and I still have not received my refund of $119. I opened a case with the Better Business Bureau and the company is ignoring the BBB as well. I will do whatever it takes to make sure everyone knows that this company should be put out of business. I can't even locate the names of those that own the company, etc. so that I can file a lawsuit. I will not stop until I get my money back.

Ve

Comments

• Gl
      16th of Jan, 2007
    My Shoe Store - Shoes never received!

In October I ordered shoes on line, and never rec'd. them. My Visa card was charged. I called the phone number on their website, but it never was answered, nor were my emails.

My further frustration has been dealing with the credit card bank-Bofa--long hold times, then getting tossed off--unable to find the right department--more long hold times. Still have not resolved this charge.

• Ao
      5th of Mar, 2007

I also ordered shoes from MyShoeStore.com in January 2007. They charged my card and I never received the shoes. After repeated phone calls and I was promised they would be sent within a week. They never sent them. I'm currently pursuing a full refund.

• Mb
      28th of Sep, 2007

My Shoe Store.com -FRAUD!!!

DO NOT ORDER FROM MY SHOE STORE.com. Something needs to be done to have My Shoe Store exposed for it's deceptive and fraudenlent practices. Spread the word on every site you can.

I placed an order in August. I even was lured to make a second order by frequent email "deals." After several weeks of waiting, I called to be met with unending "hold" messages. When I finally spoke to someone, it was to learn one part of my order was not even in stock and would never be availalbe; I called weekly to get the "it's coming next week" speech. Emails went unanswered. I cancelled after a month, to learn my credit card would not be credited for over 30 days. I complained about this, was given a speech about "fine print" by the rep, who then LAUGHED at me when I asked to speak to a manger (who's message machine had the same "girlish" voice as the rep I'd just spoken to.)

I've informed my Credit Card company, who is disputing the charges, and is investigating, and will place this company on watch. I intend to file a complaint with the New Hampshire Better Business Bureau and encourage others to do so (this company is probably hack operation working out of a garage with a convincing website--the website alludes a NY tie). Buyer beware of MyShoeStore!!!

• Ge
      3rd of Oct, 2007

SCAM CITY!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! DON'T BE TEMPTED TO TRY!!!!!!!
    My Shoe Store or Lord John's Footwear is the same company.

11th of Feb, 2008

This EXACT same thing happened to me i URGE anyone who has had this happen to please join me in reporting them to the authorities at http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Internet_Fraud.shtml I am doing so as we speak. Hopefully this company can be investigated!!!

• Ly
      19th of Feb, 2008

I ordered a pair of shoes from My Shoe Store then CXL'd the order after I learned they were going to send them within 30 days... They sent me a CXL'd e-mail charged my credit card and two month later never credited my credit card. I am out 120.00! What can I do?
    HELP ME.

• Sl
      27th of Feb, 2008

SAME THING happened to me. I've spoken with the local Chamber of Commerce (I wasn't the first) and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Don't understand how a place like this is still in business. They are STEALING money!

• St
      10th of Jun, 2008

I have had the same experience. Ordered shoes under that understanding that I would not be charged until shoes were shipped. Card was charged immediately. I cancelled order two days later and got an email saying card would be refunded "if" charged within 7-10 days. After two weeks, still no refund on my card. I've filed a complaint with BBB, and will now contact my credit card company. I do alot of online shopping and have NEVER had a problem... so I agree, let's do what we can to put these people out of business!!!

• Am
      12th of Jun, 2008

The name of the owner is Michael K.

I have just placed a complaint with New Hampshires BBB, their attorney general, the federal trade commission (www.ftc.gov) and postal fraud (just to get it tagged further). See http://www1.epinions.com/content_433550167684 for more detailed info that I have posted... hope this helps and really hope we get somewhere with this!

• He
      19th of Jun, 2008

I wish I had read about this before I placed an order with them. Now the company is out of business, and I never received a refund from an order I canceled OVER 5 months ago!!! Is there a way I can get my money back?

• Le
      24th of Jun, 2008

same thing here, I ordered 3 prs in early May for my elderly father. One shoe was shipped, 2 pairs were charged. My calls (to 603-766-6176) and e-mails are being ignored and we are out $48.

• Ca
      15th of Jul, 2008

I am out $200 because of the same practices. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I received an email late last week from Myshoestore stating that they will no longer be making shipments, and will not be refunding money. Among other false statements that they made, they say that they in no way intended to deceive anyone. The BBB received the same letter from them. I will try to keep the case open, but I would also like to do whatever I can in an effort to help everyone get their money back, and make sure that these people are not able to open up another business and do the same thing again.

• Cr
      15th of Jul, 2008

I am out of $119 from this company. It has been 5 months and I have yet to receive a refund. I sent them an email and they said the system was being updated and I should see a refund in 2 weeks. I have not seen it and that was in May. Now they are no longer in business. That's what the website says.

• Ev
      28th of Jul, 2008

Terrible company, they scam people! Beware all!

• Je
      13th of Aug, 2008

Ditto. Never received a pair of shoes or refund. One time when I called, they had to have already been out of business but lied about it.

• Do
    My Shoe Store - No Product Kept Money
    Highland City
    Florida
    Phone: 8636465796

Placed an order for $99.00 shoes. They said they were on back order. Never received - asked for a refund. Have not heard from them after e mailing several times in months. I need help PLEASE

• Do
      13th of Aug, 2008

The Shoe Store kept my $99.00 and said my shoes were on back order. This was back 12/07. I hope the owner of the company can sleep knowing he kept the money of people that trusted him.

• Sc
      27th of Aug, 2008

It looks like they have closed the myshoestore.com website, stating that they have closed the business. BUT, another site has suddenly appeared called my-shoe-store.com - I bet it's the same company cause it sure looks almost identical to the old one, esp in the brands of shoes offered. Also, there is no company information on this site as to how to contact them, where they are located, etc... hmmm.. sound fishy to you? They probably closed the other one due to too many complaints and started this new site. DO NOT order from this company, they are total frauds and will rip you off! Lord John's Footwear, aka myshoestore, aka my-shoe-store.. wonder what the next new name will be. They need to be prosecuted for internet fraud!

• Mi
      9th of Sep, 2008

I was also ripped off in February of 2008 when purchasing a pair of Birkenstock sandals from myshoestore.com. I paid $71, never saw the sandals and when I complained they told me they were out of stock so I canceled my order. Six months later and I still haven't seen my refund.

• Il
      1st of Oct, 2008

My Shoe Store turned out to be a scam run by Mike Kyrianns (http://doj.nh.gov/publications/nreleases2008/082208.html).

I contacted the NH Attorney General and was told that there is a criminal case against Mike K, as well as a class-action civil case for me and thousands of other people.