My Shape My Wayunauthorized charges

R Review updated:

I received an unauthorized charge on my account for $29.95 for a My Shape My Way membership. I found a website for that company that just said: Call this number if you have an unauthorized charge from this company. I called the number and apparently I was charged due to a dietary supplement I had ordered 9 months earlier. I had never heard of this service, don't know why it didn't show up until 9 months later but apparently canceling the supplements does NOT cancel this "at some point in the future we may charge you for an online service you don't know about" subscription.

• C
      Jul 16, 2009

I am in a similar situation. in November of 2008 I ordered Acai Berry. I then changed my mind, called the phone number provided, and cancelled the order. I did not realize i was enrolled in the My Shape My Way program. I have never used this program - yet I have been charged $29.95 a month for 9 months!!!
    I would like all of my money refunded immediately.

• S
      Jul 30, 2009

this helps - I had not been charged until after I cancelled and my two different companies...
    I will be cancelling tomorrow and notifing my state Attorney's office.

This was not an authorized charge

• O
      Nov 06, 2009

I apologize for any misunderstandings that might have occurred when you were purchasing your dietary supplements online. Fit Factory/My Shape My Way program is a companion program that comes with various products of this type. It offers our customers a personal trainer you can converse with daily, pictures, music links; it offers links to recipes and menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your weight loss goals.

All pertinent information is provided for you before entering any method of payment information for your supplement. This provides you access to all the terms and disclosures as well as Customer service numbers for your product and the companion program that accompanies it for great support and success with your product.

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you with any further questions or concerns.

If you've already contacted customer service and feel you were not treated fairly or would like to discuss additional issues please contact me directly at [protected] or you may email me at [protected]@cshelp.org I will assist you immediately.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support

• E
      Feb 15, 2010

My Shape My Way/ Smash Costs/The Healthy Hub
    I've had simiar charges that I did not authorize, so I've contacted the Federal Trade Commission and the Bureau of Consumer Affairs, and theyare aware of the problem. I've already called the customer service number as the representative above suggested. Note: he wants you to call him directly but does not give his name. The customer service person I spoke to told me some websites have their banner offering their service (as clear as day, she said). However, I asked to see the website my "misunderstanding" occurred, and she could not provide the site where I was charged nor ANY site for that matter. If "pertinent information is provided at the time of purchase ( of what?) and a monthly charge, customers should receive an email confirmation like other reputable companies. I'm sick of sleezy operations! Maureen (I'd give my whole name, but I'm afraid to give too much information for fear this will happen again.

• J
      Apr 13, 2010

Evidently they are at it again (still), just got notice that I signed up for the service when I DIDN'T! I sent them an email and will be calling tomorrow. The previous comments have given me some great info and ammunition to use during my phone call. My next step will also be FTC and Attorney General, and of course I will be notifying my credit card company to watch for a bogus charge.