My Salute Card / Unauthorized Withdrawal

MO, United States Review updated:
I was making my payments on time and online. The company then took it upon themselves to start auto-deducting the payments from my checking account AND increased my annual percentage rate to 53.8%. I called to cancel and was told I cannot do that without talking to a Customer Service Rep. Funny, that's who I called! I called the number on the front of my statement, as indicated to do. I also told them I want to cancel the auto-deduction of payments from my account since I did not request that. I was told I cannot do that either. I read exactly what was on my contractual agreement which said I CAN stop automatic payments. I requested to cancel the card. They won't do that either. I have notified my banking institution, as well as the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau. This company is a rip-off!

Comments

Li
  22nd of Jul, 2009
I just went online to pay my card and guess what? they marked my balance as paid even though I didnt pay it and it said i was issued a new card... which I didnt ask for and Im sure its coming with a HUGE surprise. Im filing a complaint with the state and the feds!!!1