My Product Center / Online scam

United States Review updated:
4.7

Company offers three different website options (or accounts - Free, Starter, or Pro). They make lots of promises such as a turn-key website with free statistics and tracking, along with the option to upgrade at any time, and provide several ebooks for you to sell with complete tech support via phone and internet. Please be advised that the ebooks are all worthless and outdated regardless of how much traffic you generate to your site. Nobody will purchase them regardless of price. The tech support is non-existent and instead of receiving tech support or personal coaching as promised, I keep receiving phone calls from their sales reps trying to sell me a $10, 000 'personal training program'. The sales reps I spoke with keep telling me, 'It's OK if you don't have $10, 000 available to spend on this program, just put it on your credit card.' Oh, and before I forget, as far as the upgrades they offer, forget about it. Once you sign-up for one of their websites (either the 'Free' account or 'Starter' account), they immediately 'temporarily suspend' your ability to upgrade in order to allow their sales reps time to pressure you into buying a 'personal training program.'

It's been a month now and they still won't allow me to upgrade to another type of account. They just keep calling and pushing their 'training program.' Talking to their sales reps is like talking to a used car dealer. It's a classic bait and switch. Or a better example would be like playing a bad slot machine that never pays off, or an even better example is like playing a carnival game that you can never win. Their sales reps are like the guys you see running the carnival games. You are never going to win (make a profit) using any of their services or products. My advice is don't waste your money or time. It's a worthless endeavor. Buyer beware!
Ja

Comments

Ka
  13th of Nov, 2008
I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY PRODUCTS FROM THE COMPANY.
Sa
  30th of Dec, 2008

My Product Center - Unauthorized billing
My Product Center
myproductcenter.com

My Product Center is a pyramid scheme, claiming for you to make money while others buy your products. They give you your own website where you have to get the traffic yourself and give you choices on what you want your one product to be. (The product is another website or something to that affect.) The actual background part of it seems legit. This site itself is 'one of those products' off another pyramid scheme.

I denied the first two times. The first one was 49.95, the second offer was for 29.95, and finally the third was 17.00. I saw the money back guarantee and figured what the heck?

They have very helpful videos and tutorials and it did seem easy to set up until I went to 'start my own website'. It didn't even work. The page wouldn't even come up, it just kept saying void.

I tried contacting their 'help representative' asking for help twice. They never responded. I finally got fed up and asked for a refund 3 times and counting, and never once have received a response.

Their money back guarantee is for 56 days. The 57th day is probably when they will get back to me and say the period is up...
Ja
  6th of Mar, 2009

My Product Center - I signed up hear an i think I got riped off
My Product Center
?
?
California
Phone: ?

I signed up for this website an thinking I was going to be soming good I have not heared or seen any thing come of it why?Is it a scam To just get peoples $ ?
Mi
  30th of Jun, 2009
I have paid hundreds of $ to the myproductcenter and have been ripped off as there is no-one that responds to emails and the phone number isnt even connected. I want to know how these people keep operating and ripping me off when they are a scam. Does anyone know who I can talk to about removing them and sueing them for the stress they have caused

Michelle
Jo
  8th of Aug, 2009
I don't know if I'm one of a few who had success with My Product Center,
or the company is really legitimate. I assume the latter. When I signed up with the company, I got the website alright, but I was lost from there. I don't know quite what to do next. So, I contacted support and told them that I was going nowhere fast. I was trying to figure out a way to get traffic to my site. I was like so many who signed up and couldn't afford the $49.95 for the search engine submission service. When the company called me, they offered me the submission service for free. I was told it would take two to four weeks for my site to show up on the 250 search engines. I don't know if it will be on all of them, but anything would be a good start. I accepted their offer (we shall see how this turns out). So, as you can see, my personal experience with My Product Center so far is good. I'm watching. I'm very patient. I figure this id just a stepping stone and I'm willing to take the time to let it work. As with any other info biz company out there (and I know there are a lot of scams out there) the income and success doesn't come overnight, in fact I'm willing to give it a few months. I'm not keeping the money anyway. It's all going into my online accounts to build my internet portfolio. I won't start taking money out until there is more than enough to live on comfortably. If this company is all they say they are then my plan will work.
Bi
  6th of Dec, 2009
Yes well i have just paid some big bucks to join my product center and i am having no joy at present as i want to upgrade and the systems in place are not making it an easy option??
I can not use the 0800 free number cos i live in another part of the World and i have not made a sale at all in 9 days??

Charmaine