My Metro Jobs / Job Scam

1 Suite #700 - 55 Town Center Court, Toronto, M1P 4X4, Toronto, ON, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 647-692-7020

Metro jobs Inc. had contacted me in regards to my resume in November 2012.I went to their office located at Suite #700 - 55 Town Center Court, Toronto, M1P 4X4 on Nov 26, 2012 (they also have another office location at 4 Robert Speck Parkway 15th floor, Mississauga, L4Z 1S1) Once I went into the office there was a lady named Ashleigh (phone # [protected]) come and service/help me. She keep pushing me to purchase one-year membership in their company and told me the benefit of their company and how I can get a full refund after 90 days if I find a job myself or they did not find me job that hired me. The charge is $225.00 plus H.S.T. which is total $254.25, the name on my Visa payment is "TORONTO MEDIA GROUP SCARBOROUGH". I was told once I get my job from them, I need to pay a fee equal to 3% commission of my first year's salary. The most important reason I purchased it was Ashleigh promised me that if I don't get a job hired me in 90 days, all I need to do is send a cancellation email to "[protected]@metrojobs.com" after 90 days, and I will get my 100% refund back.I tried to sent them an email about the question of cancellation process on Feb 19, 2013 and NO ONE reply me at all. I have tried call their number and no one pick up. Sent them emails again but not getting me any responses too.

La
Feb 26, 2013

Comments

• Sc
      Mar 12, 2013

Both my daughter and I had the same experience with Metrojobs and we also saw Ashleigh. I paid for both myself and my daughter in total $508.50 which as we were unemployed we could not afford to lose this money. Despite many emails to them and also to mymetrojobs.com we have still not received a refund of monies paid. I did receive an email February 19th 2013 saying they were in the process of cancelling both our accounts and that we would receive notification of the refund after cancellation. I do hope we receive the refund as $508.50 is a lot money when you are unemployed. I wouldn't mind so much if they had done anything that was promised but they did nothing so we cancelled after two weeks and well within the 90 day guarantee. I see they are still scamming people by the dates on the complaint and would like to know if anyone knows how they can be stopped and this matter resolved.

Mar 19, 2013

I was also contacted by Metro Jobs and met with the same person, Ashlaigh. Before that, I had never heard of them. I did sign the agreement thinking that if I did not get a job in 90 days, I would get a 100% refund. I wrote to them in the stipulated time frame requesting this refund and they did acknowledge receipt of my email. After a week, I decided to write again. No reply. I then called and left a message. A young man called me back and when I explained my situation and my dissatisfaction of their service, he told me that the refund is not a guarantee and first has to be reviewed/approved my some committee and that this process takes 10 days. He would however make note to have my request expedited. 10 days went by, no call from them. I emailed again, no response. Since then, I have been calling and leaving messages continuously but to no avail. This is indeed a scam!!! All I wanted was my money back, $275.00 is a lot of money for someone who is still unemployed.

• La
      Mar 24, 2013

Let's send the complaint to BBB together!!! http://www.mwco.bbb.org/

• La
      Mar 24, 2013

I already sent the complaint to BBB, please do it too. http://www.mwco.bbb.org/

May 06, 2013

I feel your frustration because I was scammed by Metro Jobs. I called so many times and few e-mails but no one called me. I tried to contact RBC because my credit card from RBC.
    After 6 months still I do not have a job. I want you to call me We will take legal actions. 416 241 2222 Andrew
    All I want is my money back.

• Dd
      Jun 19, 2013

This company has changed there name to My Jobs My Career, Paul Joseph who is the Ring Leader of this scam, Fools everyone. He even lets his employees think that they are helping these clients into finding them work and leading them on without giving them access to online activity. While only fixing up their resumes and sending them out through "e-blast". He changes the company name every couple of months and has also worked under the name Job Access Canada & Toronto Job Ads. He is now located at 10 Milner Business Court, 3rd floor Suite 300, Scarborough, ON, M1B 3C6. Just at Markham rd and Milner across from the Yellow pages Building. I urge you to stop in to take action. Labor Boards and The Police hardly look into these types of scams. Paul also has an answer to everything, don't let him get away with this. Karma is B.