my life/reunion people search / unjustified charges to my mc

i got a statement from my bank w a 60 charge from this place n i had no idea what it was for. i remember using this site last year as a FREE site but app.they changed the name n felt the need to charge me a renewal fee. However i called them and threatened to report them to the BBB and told them i NEVER agreed to pay 60 anything and im not sure i even remember giving them my cc #.They quickly agreed to refund my money. If any one elae is having the same problem the customer service number is [protected]

Comments

• Ho
      22nd of Jul, 2010

I also just received a $60 charge on my MC. I called the customer service number given above as I had cancelled my subscription last year before it was supposed to renew. They said, Oh yeah, we see where you cancelled but your membershop auto renew wasn't cancelled, so sorry we'll refund your $60 within 7 days and cancel your membership. What a load of crap, seems like a scam to me to see if you are watching your CC statements/balance. Make sure you call them if you have cancelled and still get a charge!

• Ro
      12th of May, 2011

I too had a similar experience, only it gets worse than that with this rip-off company, MyLIFE Reunion Search. Six months ago I received a message on FB telling me that" people were looking for me." I searched further and decided to try the free membership with them, and a few days later was diagnosed with cancer. Needless to say, over the course of my treatment (6 months) I was very sick and not reviewing my credit card carefully. I called MyLIFE this morning and explained. The customer service agent was happy to remove one charge and stop all future charges. Then he was about to wrap up the call and I said...wait a minute, what about the last 6 months of charges. So he puts me on hold, like he has to get approval or something, comes back in 2 minutes and agrees to remove all the charges. The moral of this story is...if you had this happen to you, be persistant and demand full recovery of the bogus charges. MyLIFE hopes you'll be happy with one charge reversed so they can still make free money off of us. Don't ever sign up for an introductory free membership period, you never know what's going to happen in your life, and outfits like MyLIFE just keep rolling in the free money, and making interset on your money. What a racket. This should be illegal.

• Mc
      9th of Aug, 2013

Yes be persistent! They will try to talk you out of it and refuse to refund your money. Ask for a manager or supervisor. They will also try to talk you out of it and refuse to refund your money. Tell them you will report them to the Better Business Bureau and they will refund immediately!