my home selects / fraud

1 FL, United States Review updated:

This company address is 2461 Santa Monica Blvd. #521 Santa Monica CA 90404 if you google that address you'll see all the diferent bussines online they have they are scamers. If you are searching and see this please trust me they are all scamers the one that took my money was a so called jim [protected]. trust me thay are not real do not pay do not pay!!!

Bo

Comments

• Th
      20th of May, 2009

www.homeaccessusa.com www.orangefuture.com www.NOD research.com www.zinogw.com www.myhomesselects.com all the same scammers!!!

• Wa
      26th of May, 2009

I was about to do this. But, obviously you know something I don't. Plus they said they were associated with the BBB and I couldn't find them. Thank you.

• Lo
      30th of May, 2009

i just spoke to this guy and the descriptions of how the foreclosure works isn't at all right. I've not yet heard of a deal where you can just pick up the payments by showing double monthly income. also, the fact that the bank doesn't want you to pay the back money owed. don't give these guys your info/money.

• Mi
      5th of Jun, 2009

Thats weired, how is it that i got a home through this service. My family and i are very thankful for their services. If you go through the steps right I think you would get into your home too.

• Mi
      6th of Jun, 2009

My wife and I got into a home in Los Angeles with no money down through them whats the problem? it takes time nobody is going to give you their home for free.

• Te
      9th of Jun, 2009

I just got off the phone with this guy name Mike and Jim... they are real scammers, all the questions that I asked they both acted like they were iritated by it and told me that they were federally associated with BBB couldnt find them... another thing is the picture of the house is not even in the city that they say it is in. The 2 stories with Mike and Michael I think is the same person that answered my call. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS>>>>IT'S A SCAM!!! DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THESE PEOPLE!!!

• Mo
      9th of Jun, 2009

I really did have my doubts about this company but they really did help me every step of the way. We just gave it a shot & within 6 weeks we were in a home . I think his name was Mike Smith? He helped me & my wife through the whole process. I am so grateful this program is around! Thank You

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2009

Total scam! I signed up almost a month ago and was told by a few sells people one named Julie that I would have 30 days to cancel. After no response on the homes I selected I called for a refund and was told that I could only cancel within 24 hours of signing up. I am now out $200 and have no results. Also after calling a few times to see how long the business has been around 3 people told me a different timeline. These people will say whatever you want to hear to take your money. Dont do it!!!

• Sm
      17th of Jun, 2009

Wow well I wish I had done more research before I gave these people my $200. I wanted to wait but my boyfriend really wanted to go ahead and do it. We signed up about a month ago and haven't heard from them at all. I did talk to at least 3 different people after I signed up but I think that the Mike Smith guy was the first person I talked to. It sounded to good to be true but I went for it anyway and now I find out that they are all just scam artists. I have called and had my boyfriend call several times and everytime we call we get a different answer. Well these guys are ### but its a lesson learned.

• Hu
      19th of Jun, 2009

I live in Denver, CO. My family is searching for an aparment for rent. I was browsing our local Craigslist and located this...

$550 / 2br - Amazing Deal on 2BR 2BA home. Must See. CALL NOW. (denver)

Reply to: hous-g69kj-1229538544@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-06-19, 10:55AM MDT

I telephoned the number, was #12 in line waiting... finally spoke to Casey (800) 791-6372 (his direct line). Name of the company is My Home Selects. Address is 2461 Santa Monica Blvd., #521, Santa Monica CA. They also have a website... www.myhomeselects.com. What they are offering is to have me pay $210 before they will give me property information for the area I am looking for. This is refundable for 7 days after "signing" with them. The money would be used to run "title searches" on properties that we were interested in. The $210 would be good for as many title searches as we needed and good for up to 1 year. We would find a home, they would do a title search and if everything checked out, our names would be transferred to the current mortgage assuming the remaining balance. There would be no rears and none of the homes are in foreclosure yet.

Sounds great huh!!! WRONG!!! Their website mentions CNN and a video that they did on My Home Selects as well as the BBB and DMA's Committee on Ethical Business. WRONG, there was nothing on the CNN website regarding this. There were on WEB findings such as this one. I contacted the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in California that would handle this company directly. My Home Selects is NOT accredited, imagine that, they have a rating score of a "D" and currently have 1 complaint pending against them... for refunding the deposit. When I spoke to the person at BBB, she suggested running from them as quickly as possible.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! RUN RUN RUN

20th of Jun, 2009

Let's see if we can get some clarification here. There are post for and posts against. So, here is my challenge, if the My Home Selects people are monitoring these boards: Anyone who has successfully gone through this program in Chicago, IL preferably the east side of town I will pay you $50 to sit down with me, walk through the process, show me the paperwork. You're welcome to hide SS#s, though I will require Identification. Give me some insight into the process, how it works and how long it takes. The pros and cons. and show me the property you purchased through this program. Here's my email address jatoyacarr@gmail.com If someone takes me up on my offer I'll post here and be a reference for the validity of this company. So, all, I guess we'll see what happens.

• Li
      24th of Jun, 2009

I am a licensed real estate agent always looking for "deals" for myself and my investor clients. When I see ads like these, I have to call and find out what they do and how they get the information.

I called this morning and the first representative pretended that we had a bad connection and then eventually hung up when I asked him "Where do the homeowners sign up to get on your list?" The reason I asked was because he said the homeowners sign up.

I called another number and got a lady who had a heavy accent and she seemed more knowledgeable than the first representative. She told me the homeowners do not sign up to get on any lists. They are in preforeclosure or foreclosure and they would know that other people will contact them to buy their homes.

I asked how do they get the information that the homeowner is in trouble. She said that they get the lists from lenders and banks. I told her that lenders and banks don't sell lists. And then she started her sales pitch script. I told her that I'm a real estate agent and have clients but if their service is not going to be helpful to me, I can't help my clients.

I also asked about transferring title. The lady was not able to answer my question, but I already know the answer.

Anyway, I will be very cautious about giving this company any money, even with the full refund within 7 days.

• In
      8th of Jul, 2009

We signed up with myhomeselects and did all the work of identifying homes that would work for us. Over 200. We got one email with one home that wasn't in our price range. I have to agree, so far it is a rip off. They say seven day refund, but their process takes over 60 days according to them.

• Ba
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I was hired for this company and quit immediatly, you know no matter where you go one plus one is always two... you could tell right away these people were scamming the public.
    I contacted teh police who refered me to the FBI who then reffered me to the secret service, thats right... the secret service, however I was not willing to stick round to collect data for them, That is on them.
    I would have love to given more to help out, but the way I see it I too am a victom I had been out of work for a very long time and needed a job, this gave me hope that I might have something legit and turned out it wasnt...
    I have a family to think about when you do the math this place is raking in about 6 million dollars a year based on the sales avergages there... someone is not going to be happy that their life style has come to a sudden hault behind an employee that they had hired... so I reported this and left it at that.
    waht I can tell you is how they work, those pictures you see on Craigs list are false, you have a group of people collecting those pics from the web, another group creating e mail addresses another group creating Craigslist accounts this way they do not detect spam and then of course you have a final group who is posting this information all day long with multiple pics of the property using multiple e mail accounts to evade dectection.
    then you have your sales staff taking the calls and laying people away...
    Stay clear of this company they also have other companys out there beware if an offer sounds too good to be true thats becuase it is.