My Grant Dollors / Scams

Various Aliases
I also fell victim to this scam and was charged the same amount...The website which changes and has MANY aliases changes their Policy frequently...one of them states

"B. The user will continue to be billed for $74.95 each month there after unless the user emails Grant Writing Express using our Contact Form or calls us at [protected]. (see 9E)
C. If the user cancels their 7 day FREE trial to the Grant Help Center before the 7 trial days are up, the user will not be billed $74.95 or any charges thereafter.
E. To cancel the 7 Day FREE trial the user will need to contact us before midnight of the 7th day. Cancellation requests must include the following information to be canceled: First name, last name, shipping address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, date of purchase, type of payment used, last 4 digits of the credit card number used.
G. We reserve the right to make changes to pricing at anytime. Please revisit these term and conditions regularly."

The site which I sent my $2.95 stated nothing about charging $58.61 except that they will call my cell phone or home phone number to authorize payment and only if I give them the last 4 digits of my credit card...here it is as follows...(I printed this after I made my payment.)

"...Upon submitting a request for membership to the Grant Instructor program you are also becoming a customer of My Club Rewards LLC.
Your contact and payment information is shared with My Club Rewards LLC. A representative from My Club Rewards LLC will attempt to
contact you via telephone concerning additional services available to you as a My Club Rewards LLC customer and by submitting this request
you agree to receive such communication. My Club Rewards LLC membership accounts are only activated through telephone verification.
My Club Rewards LLC offers a 21 day trial period to its members, after which membership fees apply, fees are billed monthly at the rate of
$33.87 per month. To activate your membership account you must accept a telephone call from a My Club Rewards LLC representative and
acknowledge your participation in the program and verify the last 4 digits of the credit card or other payment method My Club Rewards LLC
has on file for your account. All telephone verifications are recorded, your acceptance to these terms and conditions along with the recorded
verification of your membership enrollment serve as authorization to My Club Rewards LLC to activate a membership account and charge
your payment method for the monthly membership fees. You can cancel your membership account at anytime during or after the trial period
by calling My Club Rewards LLC's customer service toll free telephone number [protected]."

I never received any phone call yet I was charged...

This website that I had originally gone to http://www.grantreviewsonline.com/index.php?t202id=3154&t202kw=bu

You will notice the picture of the girl top right of page named "Julie Smith" (staff member)??? well there is no Staff member named "Julie Smith" Her picture is bogus...

This is some of the contact number I got...I haven't tried them yet as it is still the weekend but I will try on Monday 2/16/09

Copyright 2009 Grant Access Club
All Rights Reserved
If you have any questions, please contact us using the above form or write to:
5348 Vegas Drive, Suite 866
Las Vegas, NV 89108
Woodgate Cottage, London Road
Danehill, East Sussex
RH17 7HS, United Kingdom

Here is a copy of the email confirmation that I received after my CD $2.95 purchase...notice in the policy statement it mentions nothing about anyone phone contacting me to join any club!

A class action suit would be nice but time and people power need to take place here...These people have dozens of aliases and are ripping who knows how many people...of course I never do things like this just for the reason of scam artist out there, but I slipped on this one...now I'm pissed!

A  17th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've called the 1-888-662-8768 number but they keep hanging up on me. I got through once, but was on hold for over 10 min. I am going to try to email them now.
N  18th of Feb, 2009 by
I got through once and heard a recorded message. They put you on hold with loud annoying piano music seeming to try and get you to hang up. After 20 minutes they hang up on you. When you call back it rings for long periods of time and then hangs up on you. After about 4:30 or 5pm you get a message this company is no longer taking calls. It looks like the http://www.granthelporder.com may work. I used it to cancel and they sent confirmation and promise of a refund, we will see. I just can't believe AOL had them as a sponsored link last weekend.
A  22nd of Feb, 2009 by
This happened to my wife 02.18.09. We got funny charges for $74.95 and $74.15 taken out of our checking account so I called the bank and they gave me the web address GrantHelpOrder.com and the number 888.662.8762. I called the number and there is an automated message saying they do not take incoming calls due to high volume of interest in their free DVD and subscription. I can leave my name and number and they will call me back.

My wife was under the impression she was getting a free DVD and only had to pay shipping of $2.95. She used our debit card too, so we are out the money until we go through the dispute with the bank. We do not have a lot of money right now and this is going to hurt grocery shopping this week and paying some bills as we are out $150.

This is the second time something like this has happened and she feels really badly. Who knows what other information she gave them while on line as well.

Moral of the story:
- Be super careful when doing on line business with organizations you are not familiar with
- Don't use your debit cards!!!

A  5th of Mar, 2009 by
I am going through the same thing with myclubrewards.com, they seem to be a bunch of crooks...

Good Luck...

Best Regards

A  8th of Mar, 2009 by
What the hello is going on? I ordered a cd for gov. grants and still have not received it and now I am being charged 74.95 and I want my money put back into my checking as I live on a set income and do not have that kind of money. Why and How do you People stay in business doing things like this to us old people and how can you sleep at night? NO WANDER OUR WORLD IS IN SUCH SHAPE WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU ALL OUT THERE!!! sjeanburnette@live.com