My Grant Dollars / unauthorized charge

I recently was charged $58.61 by MyGrantDollars. There was no reason for the charge, and
I can't find the original website that I went to when I signed up for it. I never received a cd or anything.
I can see that other people have been charged also. Does anyone know the original website name?
Because it was not "mygrantdollars" in it.

Su

Comments

• Rs
      6th of Feb, 2009
    My Grant Dollars - goverment grants
    220 monarch dr e7 houma la
    Louisiana
    Phone: 985 232 6535

i agreed to a 2.95 chared 2 weeks later my account was debited for 58.51 that i did not authorized i want my money back. i did recive anything but a small cd someone has to put a stop to these scam artist then there isno number for you to reach no one at.will someone please call me.

11th of Feb, 2009

i got a number from my bank to contact them with but it just puts you on hold forever.. its 866-470-6898

• Le
      11th of Feb, 2009

I was also charged a fee for 58.61 and you ### holes are getting a good scam going.
    If I don't receive any feedback, I will come after you every ###in day.
    Earn your own money ### holes and heads up because I'm not stopping whether it takes me a lawyer.

• Le
      11th of Feb, 2009

You ### holes got a good scam going. Be proud because when this ### comes down, you all are going to our money from grants scams to get out of jail you ###in rotten ###s...You owe me money

• Hu
      12th of Feb, 2009

I recently had the same charge show up on my account. The only charge that I authorized was the 2.99, close to that amount, for the "instant access" rather than having a CD sent out to my address.

That company is claiming to be: The Grand Access Club

Website is: http://t13.grantaccessclub.com

Claimed Physical Address is:

or:

Woodgate Cottage, London Road
    Danehill, East Sussex
    RH17 7HS, United Kingdom

(1-888-276-8163)

Please let me know if it was this company that got you too!!!

• Vi
      13th of Feb, 2009

same here, I got charged $58.61 today for what ever the claim that I subscribed for the grant club. booo ... I call them up and have them cancel it but they said the fund is none refundable. I told them I will dispute with my credit card company then they agree to refund back to my credit card.
    do not sign up for this website. they try to get your money

• Vi
      13th of Feb, 2009

here is their number so you can call them and fight with them to get money back 866-470-6898 (Mygrantdollars )

• Ap
      13th of Feb, 2009

same thing happened to me, they refused to refund me and were argumenative, rude and nasty with me on the telephone telling me that I did not read the fine print. I was charged $1.95 initially and then had a charge appear today for $68.13. The information was not even worth 1.95 let alone 68.13. The only way I am told I can possibly get out of this is to dispute it with the credit card company.

• Ju
    My Grant Dollars - unauthorized debit
    Florida

I ordered online info for education grants for $1.98 which I read on line. 5 days later my debit card was charged $58.61 that I did not authorize. Google should be more careful about the ads they post. They get their money for the ads and the heck with everybody else. How do I get my money back? JF

• Js
      14th of Feb, 2009

I want the unauthorized charge reversed.
    Imediately.

• Ml
      14th of Feb, 2009

Like the others who have posted a complaint, My Grant Dollars charged me $59.78 without my authorization and without sending me the $3 item I purchased.

• Se
      15th of Feb, 2009

I also fell victim to this scam and was charged the same amount...The website which changes and has MANY aliases changes their Policy frequently...one of them states

"B. The user will continue to be billed for $74.95 each month there after unless the user emails Grant Writing Express using our Contact Form or calls us at 1-888-662-8762. (see 9E)
    C. If the user cancels their 7 day FREE trial to the Grant Help Center before the 7 trial days are up, the user will not be billed $74.95 or any charges thereafter.
    E. To cancel the 7 Day FREE trial the user will need to contact us before midnight of the 7th day. Cancellation requests must include the following information to be canceled: First name, last name, shipping address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, date of purchase, type of payment used, last 4 digits of the credit card number used.
    G. We reserve the right to make changes to pricing at anytime. Please revisit these term and conditions regularly."

The site which I sent my $2.95 stated nothing about charging $58.61 except that they will call my cell phone or home phone number to authorize payment and only if I give them the last 4 digits of my credit card...here it is as follows...(I printed this after I made my payment.)

"...Upon submitting a request for membership to the Grant Instructor program you are also becoming a customer of My Club Rewards LLC.
    Your contact and payment information is shared with My Club Rewards LLC. A representative from My Club Rewards LLC will attempt to
    contact you via telephone concerning additional services available to you as a My Club Rewards LLC customer and by submitting this request
    you agree to receive such communication. My Club Rewards LLC membership accounts are only activated through telephone verification.
    My Club Rewards LLC offers a 21 day trial period to its members, after which membership fees apply, fees are billed monthly at the rate of
    $33.87 per month. To activate your membership account you must accept a telephone call from a My Club Rewards LLC representative and
    acknowledge your participation in the program and verify the last 4 digits of the credit card or other payment method My Club Rewards LLC
    has on file for your account. All telephone verifications are recorded, your acceptance to these terms and conditions along with the recorded
    verification of your membership enrollment serve as authorization to My Club Rewards LLC to activate a membership account and charge
    your payment method for the monthly membership fees. You can cancel your membership account at anytime during or after the trial period
    by calling My Club Rewards LLC's customer service toll free telephone number 888-535-5354."

I never received any phone call yet I was charged...

This website that I had originally gone to http://www.grantreviewsonline.com/index.php?t202id=3154&t202kw=bu

You will notice the picture of the girl top right of page named "Julie Smith" (staff member)??? well there is no Staff member named "Julie Smith" Her picture is bogus...

This is some of the contact number I got...I haven't tried them yet as it is still the weekend but I will try on Monday 2/16/09

Copyright 2009 Grant Access Club
    All Rights Reserved
    If you have any questions, please contact us using the above form or write to:
    or:
    Woodgate Cottage, London Road
    Danehill, East Sussex
    RH17 7HS, United Kingdom
    (1-888-276-8163

also

CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-800-235-1364

Here is a copy of the email confirmation that I received after my CD $2.95 purchase...notice in the policy statement it mentions nothing about anyone phone contacting me to join any club!

A class action suit would be nice but time and people power need to take place here...These people have dozens of aliases and are ripping who knows how many people...of course I never do things like this just for the reason of scam artist out there, but I slipped on this one...now I'm pissed!

• Se
      15th of Feb, 2009

P.S The ad words on Google that is being listed at the top...those websites are also from the SAME origin! they are all scams yet Google still list them...I have sent an email to Google and help is needed from all of you...

• Ho
    My Grant Dollars - Thievery/Fraud
    Grant Resource Guide
    New Mexico

Charged my credit card $68.13 plus $.55 and the 1.95 initial charge. So far I think mine is the highest. Can't afford to let them take more. We all need to contact FBI. I'm hurting like everyone else. This is a first for me. I've left about 10 messages today. Sent at least 5 emails. What ever addy we have we need to load up their mailbox and same for their phone numbers. Still debating trying to call disputes with my bank or just change my credit card. Tell your banks, I plan on it. Maybe they can flag the number and then these guys won't make money off of people trying to get ahead. What a bunch of low life b____ds! We need to unite against these people. Tell everyone you know post where ever you can. We may not get our money back, but they won't get anymore money either. UNITE

• Bi
      16th of Feb, 2009
    My Grant Dollars - withdrawing funds unauthorized from bank account
    mygrantdollars.com

this website is a rip off, i cancelled the following day and they still took funds from my account and then said oh you never cancelled, they will rip off, i want my money refunded, someone named spencer answered the phone when i called and he was covering up the whole thing

• Bi
      16th of Feb, 2009

i agree they are rip offs they need to be shut down, crooks like this are what has this world so untrusting now

• Tr
      17th of Feb, 2009

Yep, they got me too...what a crock. I called and cancelled my account, but they said I am unable to refund your money. Does anyone know how to get it back?? I had to call my bank and cancel my card then they will issue a new one. They stated since it was on a debit card they could not stop the transaction, but would send me paperwork to dispute the charge. I am soo pissed that they can continue to get away with this. I call them twice today and other than cancelling they didnt do a thing for me.

• Gk
      18th of Feb, 2009

Agree!...Google Money Tree and Grant Access are scams...I ordered the CD from Grant Access, but instead of sending me one they sent a email from support@grantaccessclub.com with a user id and password and a link to their site. I never saw anything on the original internet site about a trial period or being charged. The only thing I saw in the Term/Conditions on the email was very small print about an additional charge if not cancelled by the end of the trial time what ever that is..so I have tried to call to cancel, but I can see the charge as a memo post on my account so it should be charging within the next day.

• Zi
      21st of Feb, 2009

I think a bunch of us should get together and get a lawyer. Sue thier theiving ### for everything they have.. Anyone who wants to make a list let me know and I will send you my email address.

25th of Feb, 2009

A $58.61 charge was posted against my debit card on 2/24/09 from My Grant Dollars. I had initially unsubscribed to getting the information kit on 2/5/09. They charged me $2.97 for a kit that was supposed to arrive 3 weeks after subscribing. I have yet to see this package that supposedly would consist of a DVD, brochure, etc.

GRG will however, give you a user id and a password to log on to their so called data base of government grants. Now, these grants are no where near what hardworking, down on their luck folks like you and me can possibly qualify for. So, please be very careful!. It's mainly geared to environmental energy, public awareness projects that require a large amount of resources. The worst part of this scam is using our President, Barack Obama's stimulus package plan as juastification for these free government grant applications.

Immediately, I contacted and e-mailed the scam artist on 2/5/09. They do have a 7 days grace period for cancellation, but this is written in a Type 7 font at the bottom of their website.

Obviously they denied ever receiving my termination notice when I contacted them again on 2/24. Here is their contact information:

Grant Research Guide,
    Tel: 1-866-479-6989

This company is based in Great Britain. Their Las Vegas office is a front for scamming folks like you and me! So if you have a checking account or used your credit card, you will notice that a $0.02 was also posted along with the initial investment of $2.95 and also included in the $58.61. This$0.02 is actually the transaction fee for international wire. The money goes straight to Great Britain (or United Kingdom).

Please be very, very careful about this company. They obviously change their parent website and it is very difficult to track down the original ISP address. I had to go to my bank, have them destroy and re-issue a new Debit card and also fill in an official dispute form. Usually your new card will arrive anyhwere from 7-10 business days. I plan to dispute the $2.97 (since I never received the kit and also the $58.61)

A great tip that my banker provided is always ask the if the company will accept PayPal. If they do not, then they are for sure running a scam. PayPal does a great job in ensuring that their customers are not getting jipped. However, to ensure that no monthly charges of $58.61 is posted onto your account, you HAVE to get a new credit card/debit card or else, these scam artists will continue to bill you.

In addition to issuing a stop payment with my bank, I also filed a complaint with the BBB and called up the 1-866 number. It's difficult to file a complaint with the BBB if you do not have the PHYSICAL address or website address of My Grant Dollars. So, use the address provided above to lodge a complaint with the BBB.

I did speak with a very nice man at my Grant Dollars, but you have to be forceful and state your case. I told the young man that I had spoken with Carolyn on 2/5 and had terminated my subscription. They denied of course, then I proceeded to tell him what I had done, i.e. stop payment, filed a complaint with the BBB and re-issuing another debit/chek card. 30 minutes after speaking with the man, I got an e-mail from Hunter Thompson from Grant Research Guide confirming my membership cancellation.

Hope this information helps out anyone out there! S*^t happens to the best of us! Best of luck!