My Free Estimates.Com / Lead service scam

1 Bloomington, MN, United States Review updated:

These people promise anything you want to get the contract signed, but don't deliver at all. Then they jack you around for a few weeks before finally admitting that they don't care if you got what you paid for - there are no refunds. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE LIARS AND THIEVES.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Aug, 2008

Absolutely 100% correct! WARNING, DANGER, BEWARE

• St
      23rd of Aug, 2008

I have filed a formal Complaint with the FTC about them.

Their relentless, over-aggressive telemarketing efforts do not stop. My branch gets 3-5 calls A DAY from them trying to get me to sign up my company for their services, and no matter how nicely or how firmly I request that they stop calling, their daily repetitive calls do not stop. I've explained that their non-stop daily calls have become a disruption for my business, and they unprofessionally just laugh it off.

No matter how I ask (or beg, at this point) that they stop calling, I usually get a rude answer from their employees. I've old them we are on the Federal Do Not Call Registry List, and they don't care... One caller even said that as long as we're in a phone book, they have the right to telemarket to us...

He actually was arguing the point during a call to solicit my company's business.

This company obviously has no business ethics, their telemarketing employees have no integrity and there's no way anyone should do business with a company that obviously only cares about signing up contracting companies so that MyFreeEstimates.com can make a buck. They obviously don't care about their contractors from my experience, and from the above complaint, they don't care about the end-user consumer either... that only leaves themselves to care about.

AVOID HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Wi
      23rd of Jan, 2009

This company has absolutley horrible customer service. I dont know how they stay in business
    I would not recomend them

beware of myfreeestimates.com

• Cu
      20th of Feb, 2009

you can file a internet fraud complain with the F.B.I. for internet crime, here the adress for the form enjoy:

• Le
      13th of Mar, 2009

If you are reading this, then hopefully you are smart enough to be doing some home work before you sign up with these guys. Please check out the B.B.B. report on My free estimates .com (all one word). they have been revoked for to many unresolved customer issues.

• Mf
      21st of Sep, 2009

Watch this company, especially the man named Chris. the only thing MFE dose is try to keep stepping you up to other programs claiming they will work and then it is the same, , bad leads.

• Ka
      12th of Jan, 2010

i agree they stole my from my creidt card

• Ex
      26th of Jan, 2010

I agree, Chris is the most unprofessional telemarketer I have ever heard from They are rude, unprofessional and their relentless phone calls are a joke. You tell them you are not interested and they insult you over the phone. In my 35 years of selling experience, I have never dealt with such a rude approach. How can anyone in their right mind think that we would enter into a business relationship after they just insulted you on the phone.

We have never had any luck with internet lead service providers! I recommend any business just stay away.

Exterior Innovations Inc.

• Fr
      5th of Mar, 2010

I have the same experience with this joke of a company. They literally kept charging my CC after several attempts to say I only wanted 1 lead at $75. Don't believe the online form; they get your number and keep charging. When I finally got a hold of Chris to discuss the extra charges; he said "Good luck with that Honey and hung up on me!" I later contacted my bank and we disputed the $600 in charges in about 3 hrs. They so called leads they did email me were all duplications and I am sure they are just employees that work there. SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Wi
      1st of Apr, 2010

yes i would like info on any class action.

• Da
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I agree with all that has been said about this company...dispute their charges...these people are crooks...charged my credit card without authorization twice...not one lead from them

• Pi
      14th of May, 2010

These people are impossible to deal with. We were treated like royalty until we got sold the wrong thing and promises were made but not kept. We originally sign up for a pay-per-lead program and with that the representative said he was going to give us 10 free leads too. After we signed up and asked for the free leads, customer service said that it was unheard of that they would give away free leads unless we bought a package. We first had to pay a $200 set up fee. So We switched to a different program where they send us 10 set appointments for $750 and the $200 set up fee would transfer so we only had to pay the difference. Well we got only 2 appointments in a 3 month span. When asked about why we werent getting appointments, they said that no one was agreeing to appointments. So we asked for a refund. That is when they started sending us leads(which we paid for appointments). Then they started charging our credit card without our authorization. Then they charged us the $200 that they charged us in the beginning when they said that it would transfer to the new program. After a long dispute, we charged back all the charges because they were taking our money without giving us anything in return(In our opinion, those are acts of crooks). That's when they sent us 3 appointments, but they were all garbage. Now they are threatening to sue us for charging back the unauthorized fees. If anyone can help us get rid of this mess, please give us info.

• In
      19th of May, 2010

Every comment in this section is true. MFE stole $900 from my company and we got absolutely no leads from them in a 4 month period. We were able to recover 1/2 our money by disputing the credit card charge. We will be filing a complant with the F.B.I. Federal Internet Fraud Division

• Fo
      29th of May, 2010

Has anyone given thought to a class action lawsuit?

• Fo
      29th of May, 2010

The attorney general would also be interested in the company as well.

• Qa
      15th of Jun, 2010

All this is true beware of these [censor]ERS. I signed up with them and they promised me i was going to get 10 leads a month for $25 each a total of $250. It sounded like a good deal, so these guys charged my credit card for $349 because there was $99 activation fee plus the $250. They told me that i was going to receive the 10 recent leads from the previous month, therefore i was going to receive 20 lead total, i was real happy. Once i signed up they sent me 10 free leads, BUT they were all the same leads and i called the homeowner and they told me that they had done their roof a little bit over 6 months ago. So i called them and i confronted them about it and they said they did a mistake and they will send me 10 other leads. And so they sent me 10 other leads just to find out that they had done the same thing as the previous situation. I called them pissed off and i cursed them out and asked for a refund and your not gonna believe but those Son of a Bithces hanged up on me. I insisted on calling them back and they will never answer the phone. I waited 2 weeks to see if they would actually send me at least 1 good lead but they didnt. I went to my bank and cancelled my credit card and filed a credit card fraud investigation. It took about 3 weeks but the good thing i got my money back. These [censor]ers should go to jail or even better someone should beat the [censor] out of them.

• Kc
      16th of May, 2011
    My Free Estimate.com - Stole my money
    www.myfreeestimate.com

No good be careful do n0t give them your credit card
    They are thief's and crooks

• Mc
      11th of Oct, 2011

We have had the same run around as everyone on this complaints board. They took money out of our business account 5 months after we canceled with them. They have been harrassing us ever since September 28, 2011. They call all of our phones, send us e-mails with an invoice of money due. The other day we received 18 e-mails in 2 minutes with the same invoice. I'm sick of it and I would like to start a class action lawsuit! I have been looking into this the last couple of days. Is anyone else interested? I have searched the internet with all of their companies names every name they do business under has complaints against them. I also did a reverse IP address look up with their different names. They have tons of domain names listed under their IP address. AKA myfreeestimates, Quality Leads, Inc., gfcustomwoodwork.com and the list goes on. It is time that these people quit ripping the hard working contractors off! I'm tired of their threats and trying to ruin our good name that we have worked so hard for the last 36 years of business!