My Fitness-Clickincome Sandy UT / Fraudulent Charge On Credit Card

1 Sandy, UT, United States Review updated:

My Fitness-Clickincome Sandy UT is a FRAUD.

We had a charge from: My Fitness-Clickincome Sandy UT. and we never ordered anything or visited any website... We've never heard of this outfit.

The charge was for $29.99 on December 16, 2008.

Thankfully, I have a credit card company that easily credits its customers for fraudulent charges like this one.

More My Fitness-Clickincome Sandy UT Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Co
      26th of Jan, 2009

this is a bunch of crap that these people can do this to people that work hard for their money and depend on this money and when they have no business getting into people accts. when we have not business with these people they can take it out of our acct anytime.
    isnt the bank suppose to give us protection on SCAM PEOPLE like these people. i dont remember sign up for this either and they took
    29.99 out of my acct too. some people dont think this is alot of money to some of us but it does add up. these people need to give us our
    money back and we should be sign papers to have things taken out of our acct.

ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS

• La
      27th of Jan, 2009

Help!!! How do I get off their list? I, too, never ordered anything but was charged for two months of something on my last MC statement.

• Li
      28th of Feb, 2009

I WAS JUST FRAUDUENTLY CHARGED 29.95 BY THIS COMPANY. I AM NOT WORKING AND CANNOT AFFORD BS LIKE THIS. HOW DO THEY GET YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER? I CALLED MY BANK (CHARGES ON MY ACCT WERE ON A SATURDAY. BANK STATED THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO UNTIL IT POSTED MONDAY NITE. THERE WAS A NUMBER WITH THE CHARGES 8005769441 BUT OF COURSE THE "OFFICE" OR WHATEVER IT IS WAS CLOSED. SAID THERE WERE OPEN 9-6 MST MON-FRIDAY. HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE A COWARD THERE ON MONDAY AM WHO I CAN TALK TO AND ASK THEM WHAT THE HECK IS THEIR PROBLEM. PLUS I AM TAKING A COPY OF THIS PAGE TO MY BANK.

• Ag
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I too received a $29.95 charge from this company. And have never ordered anything from them. It came through on a saturday and I have been trying to contact them all day and nothing but busy signal. Everyone that they ripped off this weekend must be trying to call them.

2nd of Mar, 2009

ya well those jerks have hit us too! our bank is trying to take care of it.and the line is always busy.this is crap.

2nd of Mar, 2009

Did anyone sign up for goverment grants?

• S4
      2nd of Mar, 2009

This $29.95 charge was posted to my account shortly after a $74.95 charge was taken from my account for ordering a government grant CD. Which I never received the CD. I am really mad that people feel that they can continue to get away with ripping people off of their hard earned money. I don't even live in Utah, I live in another state. I hope these people get nabbed quickly.

2nd of Mar, 2009

A 29.95 charge was also placed on my account shortly after the $74.95 was taken out for ordering a goverment grant CD, that ive never received.

• Ri
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I too received the 29.95 charge on my card and my bank just credited my account. I had purchased the gov't grant crap also and did not receive the CD. Only paypal from now on.

• Je
      3rd of Mar, 2009

It is sad that these companies can do this and these banks allow them too. I also was hit with a charge of $29.95 from MYFITNESSS in UTah. I contacted my bank and they are considering it fraud and crediting my account back now that the charge i posted. But I have to know go get a new atm/debit card. I found out this is the best way to prevent any future charges using that number since the banks will not block it. Seems like anyone can jsut use your number and charge online. What happened to all this security? And you know its a scam because mine also happened on Friday.

3rd of Mar, 2009

I ordered a grant helper CD for a one time fee of 3.95. Never got the CD but was charged 74.95 because I was automatically enrolled in a monthly program. All this you find out when you log on to their website which I didn't do because I never got the CD and did not cancel within the 7 days. That is a 74.95 charge a month! Tried to call them to no avail. Left several messages but no return calls. Next charge was related to my ordering this CD. It was a 29.95 from My Fitness Quick Income. Called them at 800 576-9441. Was told they billed in connection with Grant Helper. Erin said she would reverse the charge back to my account. She had no patience so let's see if it happens. My bank opened an investigation and is working on trying to get my 74.95 back. Good luck all. I agree Pay Pal from now on.

5th of Mar, 2009

The 29.95 charge is in connection with The Grant Writing Express cd. They charge you 3.95 for the cd and never send it. The 74.95 and the 29.95 automatically start charging to you acct. after 7 days. You must read the fine print to find the 29.95 charge, they say its in section 10 of the terms and conditions.
    I too ordered the cd and never rec. it. I did cancel the 74.95 monthly charge right away, but I didn't see the 29.95 charge. i called my bank to dispute it, they said if go and fill out a form I will get i back. The kicker to all of this BS is that it is 2 separate billing companies that are doing this to people. Worst of all they are located in Wisconsin and Utah, both states say what they are doing is totally legal.
    There is even more BS. If you the nuber for the cd and ask for a refund for the 3.95 the send a email to the company that bills you 29.95 and they automatically refund and cancel your account. When I asked my lawyer about this he said beause of the state laws where they are located, they can do this and get away with it.

6th of Mar, 2009

I did some more digging into Grant Writing express. Call this # 1-888-662-8762. Tell them that you never received the cd you ordered and you want a refund. Two things will happen, you will get your money back and they will send a email to the company billing you the 29.95 to cancel your acct. and to refund you. Call this 3 to mak sure the email was rec. 1-800-576-9441. You will wait on hold forever and the people are very rude. Its there scare tactic to get to hang up before cancelling.
    These are two different billing companies. the cd billing company is called newspin, and the 29.95 company is called click income. If you are nice too these people they give out way too much info to you, which inturn you bring back to you bank, and it makes it easier to get your money back. YES I know being nice is the last thing we want to do because the scamed us.
    As I posted yesterday these companies operate in two different states and both states say what they are doing is legal. But if enough people complain to those states atterney generals something might get done about it.
    I hope this is helpful so no one else gets scamed.

• Ro
      7th of Mar, 2009

RE: MYFITNESS ~ This information is very helpful as I was able to pass this onto my credit card company. I read this information to the Customer Service Rep for my card company and they cancelled my current credit card account and will issue me a new card.

I'm not sure if they are automatically issuing me a credit for the $29.95 that MYFitness placed, however I'm happy to just have checked my credit card statement online in time to avoid any further charges. I may have to call the number they list to request this refund as mentioned in these posted complaints. I am very wary now of placing or ordering any products, services that require you to enter your credit card information on the internet with all these scams going on out there.

Best way is through PayPal as that will stop any additional charges other than the charge you first expected to pay. Still doesn't stop these thives from taking our hard earned money from innocent people.

• Pb
      8th of Mar, 2009
    My Fitness-Clickincome Sandy UT - unauthorized use of my credit card

I have beem billed four times for $29.99 on my paypal plus card. I never authorized these payments and have no idea what this outfit is. I have never heard of it and I want all of this money refunded back to my credit card immediately!!!

Peggy Berg

• Cn
      8th of Mar, 2009

I to have been charged 47 dollars and change from my bank account, which was unauthorized and in turn is going to cause my rent check to bounce.

DO NOT TRY TO JOIN THIS SCAM!!!

• De
      9th of Mar, 2009

I called the number on my statement and waited on hold for a while. The woman I got ahold of wasn't terrible and she said she would refund the $29.95 and cancel my membership. She gave me a confirmation code. I let my bank know and they said they are well aware of Myfitness and their scam with grant writing express. They will process this as a fraudulent charge if the money is not returned to my account within 30 days or if I am charged again. I will also call the number for GrantWritingExpress that someone listed above to make sure that I have been removed from their and all of their affiliates' systems.

THIS IS THE DEAL: Apparently, when you get the free cd, you are automatically signed up for the monthly program of $74 something (which I was aware of and cancelled before my 7 day trial was over). ALSO they sign you up for MyFitness, some online fitness thing that none of us have ever heard of. You have to cancel that SEPARATELY, which you do by calling the number on your statement. (800-576-941). When you call, get a confirmation code from them and check your account activity regularly to be sure the money is refunded and is never taken out again.

From now on, no free trials, as recommended by my credit card company. As they put it, it's never actually free.

• Le
      12th of Mar, 2009

this was excellent information for me, I haven't recieved the CD but was able to cancel during the trial period. Unfornately I was charged the 29.95 from fitness, I did talk to "Erin" and was able to get the charge reversed and membership cancelled. I am contacting the Grant writing express to credit my card for the 3.95 and get comfirmation for cancelation of memberships for ALL of their affilates. I can honestly say, I was lucky compared to those worse off in this ugly situation. Good luck to those of you and I am not for free trials anymore.

• Wi
      13th of Mar, 2009

I am having the same problem. This charge keeps appearing monthly, again and again. Who are these people, and do we have ANY recourse? My credit card company won't help me, stating that the purchase is consistant with my spending patterns. Well, of COURSE IT IS, if the keep charging my account every month! I've never done any business with My Fitness-NONE. So what, I'm just screwed?

22nd of Mar, 2009

Yes, it seems the same thing has happened to me. I wait for my grant writing cd, and it never shows up. However when i get my cc statement i have these 2 charges from grantholders.com, and myfitness. This really got me fired up. I am going t o follow the advice from the above posts and get my money back. It's hard enough these days to try to make a dollar and then have some company scam you out of your money!!!