My Family Ancestry - Utah / Bogus company

BEWARE! MY FAMILY ANCESTRY in UTAH, USA (BOGUS COMPANY) Somehow someone attempted to use my VISA card number by manually inserting my card numbers. Whom ever did this failed, but VISA thankfully caught it, called me and blocked my card. Who are these thieves? What is this bogus company? Why doesn't the FBI look into this fraud? Apparently their telephone number is [protected].

Comments

17th of Sep, 2007

I also just got a call from my credit card issuing bank notifying me that "my family ancestry" has billed me 29$ and then immediately after that, another 119$. I am filing a fraud claim and hopefully they will lose their merchant accrediation soon, or face legal pressure.

• Th
      2nd of Nov, 2007

My Family Ancestry fraudulently charged my credit card for nearly 110$. Fortunately my credit card company called me before it appeared on my credit card statement and are investigating the charge. My Family Ancestry has a website at www.ancestry.com. Their website and business should be shut down for fraud, plain and simple.

11th of Sep, 2008

The reason you see fraudulent charges to Ancestry sites is this:

Somebody has obtained your credit card information, and to use this information to the fullest they also need your mother's maiden name.

18th of Jul, 2011