My Easy Saver / fraudulent Debt Charges to my checking account

1 VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-555-1212

Today I noticed a pending transaction for $16.95 for something called My Easy Saver, with a toll-free telephone number on my on-line check account statement. I have never heard of Easy Saver nor have I ever joined.

I called the toll-free number and was opted to cancel my membership (which I never had) by entering cancelmyeasysaver.com (told using the www. was not necessary) so, while "holding for the next available representative) I "googled" as instructed. This is when I discovered all the fraudulent reports about this Easy Saver scam. I immediately called my bank and canceled my debt card. BoA is great to reimburse you up to 60 days of fraudulent charges (also discovered they have been "pinging" me since May - I was immediately credited the charges while BoA investigates the Easy Saver scam.

More My Easy Saver Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Bo
      4th of Sep, 2008

To Whom It May Concern. My name is Bobby George an I live at 3070 Brenda Lane Auburndale, Fla.33823 .An my phone# is 863-665-2638 An I wish to cansel my account with EasySaver also with American Leisure.an if you need my card is with Visa. Sincerily Bobby George

• Be
      1st of Oct, 2008

I to was taken by easysavers who I never even heard about. I was told by 1 of the worker who takes the order that easysaver they are affiliated with bargain .com.. I was so amused of what 1 of the representative said how they buy are credit information and that is how they where able to charge my card. Here's the caught thou, I didn't even use this card to purchase a 30 day trail for bargain.com. In fact the dollar I was required to give to bargain.com was from a whole separate bank and account.Here's something else, I had canceled right away because the girl who took my order explained to me they had other websites to check out and get a lot of information on the housing market, were to shop for the best deals on almost anything. When I started digging even deeper, I found out that everything they said they offered was actually copied from other web sites that you were given for additional info. Now, how crazy and stupid this so called company who is resenting other people's web pages. You cannot trusted nobody any more. Its sad that our country is so messed up, I thought the Internet was designed to help us explore things that we would never be able to do. Now it the hackers, the telemarketing, and the lairs that seal you information and continue to sale your information for the OH might buck!!! Some banks are now offering a temporary number so you can shop on line without given your real credit card number. I don't believe when you are on a secure sight, that you are really secured. Also, be aware of other scams for example working from home. My information was give out from a employee who worked for AIG prom. which is really bankcard Empire. The employee gave my phone number out to somebody who doesn't even work for this company. I was applauded by the fact that this employee took it upon him self without asking if that would be alright. I began getting phone calls on how you can be making money at home being a travel agent. I asked, how in the hell did you get my phone number and I was told that the person who works for bankcard empire freely gave it out. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, he also gave my credit card info. to this person who help himself to my account and took $900.00 out of it. When I went to check my statement on line, I saw there been transactions I did not authorize. I immediately contacted my bank to let them know there has been fraudulent charges and I had to shut down my account and open a new one. Came to find out. These people did work for a company called American adventures, but they opened a call center in Arizona. Here's another perfect example. I got a call from American Adventures from compliance, and I was told they did not have a call center in Arizona they only have business head quarters in Plano Texas, that I had been scammed to please help them by given them all the information I had on these people who as been representing them selves as World Adventures. and taking peoples money and getting nothing in return. I"m happy to say, they were shut down immediately, and I refunded the money that they stole from me. Here the bad thing, since then I have had death threats, etc. I now have to watch my back until I know they are put away. So to finish this complaint, I don't give people any information that they can sell to somebody else and I don't shop online unless I have a new number just for shopping on line. The moral of my story is, never give out you social security number, your real name or home address. just be alert, if you feel something not right, go with your gut instincts it can save you a lot of hard ache in the long run.

• Eu
      10th of Jun, 2009

Hi, I just too just now googled this EasySaver scam as I have just discovered a $14.95 charge in my checking account. As I had surgery a couple weeks ago, my checking account had just a couple of dollars in it and this charge from EasySavers bounced and caused a domino effect! Warning: DO NOT SHOP OR PURCHASE ANYTHING from "PROFLOWERS". This is how I was scammed. I ordered flowers for my mother for Mothersday, however ProFlowers apparently gives EasySaver your info and automatically signs you up. EasySaver claims to be an online bargain hunter for you, supposedly saving you lots of money if you shop their onlione merchants via "EasySaver Membership". None the less IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Sc
      17th of Jun, 2009

Hey just call the 800- number, and tell them to cancel imedietly, and refund your money... No need to get accept too much.. they'll do it..right away, depending on the method that they charged u, is the time frame it will to take to get ur money back.. The only way to stop them is spreading the word...

• Ha
      21st of Jun, 2009

Wow! so it's proflowers that gives them the info? I have 2- 14.95 charges and one for 1.95 how ridiculous.

• Mi
      7th of Jan, 2010

On my December statement for my credit card, I found 2 charges at $1.95 each. One is from AMERICAN LEISURE - 877-564-8538 on 12/1, and the other from EASY SAVER - 800-262-6199.

After this, I looked on the web at Recent Activity for my card. On 12/30, and 12/31, I found a charge from each of these companies in the amounts of $16.95. I have phoned my credit card company and put these bills in dispute.

There are a lot of complaints on the web about these two companies.
    Michael, Tulsa, Oklahoma

25th of Feb, 2010

definetly a scam... i was required to sign up by purchasing the smoke assasin the lady there clearly said no charges if i canceled in ten days... well being my bad i canceled a day late and bit the bullet on the two 24.95 charges... so instantly i called and complained and they cancelled my membership... until i start finding 16.95 charges on my account... they are liars do not believe that u actually cancelled and keep a close look on your statments

• To
      8th of Mar, 2010

this is definetly a scam...i went to order a movie from my dish and found out that for the second month they had taken it again. i called easy saver and complained that i have never given them the go ahead to take any money off my card. the rep. looked up the account and she said it was another company that actually signed me up i was furious. i've never order anything online and never have given my card number to anyone. after a few minutues they canceled my account from them and this other company and put a refund of almost 50 dollars to my card. even though i canceled i will check my transaction all the time now. this is bull and i feel bad for everyone else they have scammed.

• Js
      21st of Mar, 2012

Well, I tii just found out EasySave, and or, American Leisure, are one and the same company. I have been neglectful at checking my checking account statements and when I did, I found charges from both these names.for $14, 95 each, twice a month.Went to the bank and found about one of the names, called, said I wnat it cancelled, then asked to have a copy of my acceptance and bank info.agreement sent to me and was told they cant' do that because it must have been a telephone market call and I much have said "yes"That is a lie because I never give my info to anyone over the phone, ever.And I did not even have a computer at the time they said I joined>I will take this issue further.They will refund me one year payments.So they say.