My Dynasty Sales / fraudlent presentation

1 MI, United States Review updated:

A young man came to our door, said he lived near here. He was asking to if would buy some magazines to help him and his soccer team get a trip to Italy.

He had quite a patter going on, and said something about the magazine didnt have to come to us if we didnt want them. They could send them to some of our servicemen and women overseas.

Now that hit a soft spot in me, usually I just close the door, but I ended up believing him on that point. SO, we asked him to come in and go over the list of magazines to try and decide what to get. As we talked, his story changed, and he was now telling us how he was the son of a retired Navy family, and that this was to get magzines for the guys overseas. Its like he forgot about the initial push of this "soccer team" and pressed on.

When we asked how much they would be, he said each magazine wa a different price, but because we were buying his last four sets he needed to sell, that we could get them all at the same price. And proceeded to write out four separate receipts. Very little information on these, and I noticed there was a $15 fee on each order even though multiple blocks were available to enter more than one magazine.

After he left, I started getting a really bad feeling, thinking of the discontinuity in his story. So I looked up the firm labled on the receipt. And, sure enough, many complaints, and many reports of "scam".

So, I promptly called my credit union and put a stop payment on the checks. So my stupidity cost me $28 instead of $200.

I should have gone with my first gut instinct, and closed the door, instead of falling for the "Serviceman gambit".

Mi

More My Dynasty Sales Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Br
      17th of Sep, 2008

A young man came to my door selling magazines for a field trip to Mexico. He was very excited to be selling the products and his upbeat attitude was what got me wanting to help get them there trip. 31/2 months later no magazine guess that was $56.00 dollars gone.

• Me
      4th of Mar, 2009

Yes we got hit also. Nice young girl said she was to go to London with class, Nov. 2008. What we got was ZIP on books and was out 100.00. What can we do? Mesue Litchfield Park AZ.

• Bm
      30th of Jul, 2009

Had Daniel Miller come to my door last Tuesday selling books. Said the local soccer team had take 1st place and was now going to Spain (I don't have kids in school so I didn't know either way about this). Told me his parents were paying his way but his Dad wanted him to help fund raise for the rest of the team. Told me where he lived and a distinctive tid bit about his home (which I thought I'd seen) and that maybe I've seen his father jogging with their golden retriever (also thought I'd seen). Fell hook line & sinker - he was smooth. I was leary to begin with so I should of followed my instinct. No such home in the neighborhood so I called the school to see if the soccer team was selling books. Nope!! I reported this to local law enforcement. Tried to send an email to mydynastysales.com but the email wouldn't go through (big suprise). Well I've learned my lesson. However if this would of happened to my mother or my kids who couldn't afford the $ which I spent - I would be really ticked off. Shame on you Dynasty Sales & Daniel Miller (if that's really your name).