my career lift / service

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

the agencies of this company are liar. before you pay, they will tell you how perfect is their service, and they are different than other employment agencies, they will protect you, and they are on your side. they also will tell you they have better source than other agencies, and you have more chance, they will get your first interview within 10 days and ..., dont trust them, they just try to get you pay. after you pay, you wont get the service that they promised. the service is not worth the money that you paid.

Sn

Comments

• Lu
      25th of May, 2009

I started My Career Lift services between the months of October - November. Initially, I was told by a representative that My Career Lift offers a service dedicated in helping their clients advertise their resumes and aid in business networking through their website. The terms were for me to pay $341.25 for the first year, then a one-time commission of 2.5 % of my income for the first year of work, once I received a position.

I was charged a total of $341.25 from Clear View Management on my Visa account. Right after I was charged, I was suppose to receive a welcome package and my login information to set up my account. I DID NOT receive this or any services that I have paid for. For the past 5 -6 months I have been trying to contact the company to understand what was wrong and why I couldn't get access to any of the services in which I paid for. I sent e-mails, I called their phone lines numerous times and even travelled to their offices on many occasions to get in contact with them.

When I FINALLY got in contact with them after travelling to their Downtown office (133 Richmond Street West Suite #302, Toronto, Ontario), the General Manager (Paul Joseph) had stated that this was indeed the companies fault. Apparently My Career Lift switched their database around and I was still under the old one, and he admitted to neglecting me for half a year leaving me stranded without a way to contact them. He also stated that I will be recieving my FULL money back within 5 business days. (I have a witness to this conversation). He requested I sign a 'refund request' letter, in which I did.

Two weeks later, I still have not recieved my money back and when I tried contacting them AGAIN, I spoke with Paul Joseph and he denied ever stating such instances and says he will only be crediting my account back a total of $150.00 which is less than half the amount I paid. When I asked why, he said it was because I didn't contact him before the 6 month period. I tried communicating the message that I DID try to contact him thoughout this whole time and he said himself that the miss-communication was completely at company fault, since they changed their whole system and neglected to contact me with the new contact information.

After a 2 hour phone argument, he still refuses to refund my full money back.

Seeing that I did not receive any service (Account related or career related), I am currently down $341.25 and there is no doubt in my mind that I have been scammed by this company.

• Se
      28th of Sep, 2009

I WAS ALSO ROBBED BY THIS COMPANY

• Es
      9th of Jan, 2012

How did this company come to contact you in the first place? Or did you call them?

• To
      17th of May, 2012

I copy and paste below the letter I sent to CMI, which is a fake recruiting agency. Although they promise you verbally that 100% of the people who took their services, have secured job thru' them, I bet they were not successful to help even 1% of the people, to whom they have charged C$ 341.25. Please friends, don't fall victims to these crooks.

Attn: Biyanka - CMI
    This is further to my mail forwarded herewith, which was sent 10 months ago and was not responded by you. I don’t think you would reply as you already got money from me and replying to my mail would not give you any more money. Even my phone-calls were not attended by you.
    Although I was warned by many people, some of them were victims like me, not to fall victim to your sweet talks and promises, I just believed and hoped that something will come out sooner or later. I waited and waited for a year but in vain. The list of jobs I received is of no use at all although I did apply for many jobs. I had clearly told you when I registered myself with you that I am not interested in call-center jobs. In spite of it, you kept on sending good-for-nothing job list, which you call “hot job lists”. I would call them JUNK lists. It was quite contrary to your promise that you would be sending lists containing plenty of positions in administrative field. It was a very big lie.
    For the past many months now I have not received even those lists you used to send earlier, which was useless for me though. That makes me to wonder if CMI is now not getting even those positions.
    I earnestly request you not to cheat the new immigrants like me, who come here with big dreams and high hopes but fall victims for people like you.
    Although I was cheated resulting in losing my hard-earned money, I have learnt a very good lesson from my mistake. I have warned and keep on warning my friends and colleagues to be careful of organizations like yours and asking my friends to forward my warning mail to their friends so that most of those will come to know about the crookedness of organizations like yours. Even the government-funded workshops for the new immigrants attended by me, warn not to fall victim to money-making organizations like yours. I am glad to say that I have stopped many of my friends and colleagues from falling victims. That is a bit of service I do without charging anyone.
    I am a positive person and take positively the cheating, which helped me to learn from my mistake. Before concluding, I would earnestly request you not to charge people for your services until and unless they get job. If you are sure that your “services” would definitely get them their desired job, what is the problem in charging them later?

Thomas A.