MX Energy / Awful company

P.O. Box 8127Stamford, CT, United States Review updated:
4.55
Phone: 214-654-0041
MX Energy has completely disregarded my report of fraud by their employee Gilberto Hinojosa when he decided to change my electric service provider against my will. I repeatedly and very clearly stated; as he was attempting to carry a 'presentation', that I did not wish to change to any another company. This astute and tricky individual managed to make me believe that he only needed me to acknowledge, over the phone, that ' he had come by, that's all'

His actions resulted in unnecessary financial damages to me, a cancellation by my long time provider, a huge electric bill by MX energy, and when I requested to reinstate service again with my original provider, a steep new deposit was required, since my contract had been canceled. Not by me.

Only after numerous calls did a managing Supervisor: Mr. Carlos Sergio Gonzales, who acknowledged the situation, asked me 'not to do anything to Mr. Gilberto Hinojosa' please, and then he instructed me that, 'the next time anybody comes to my door: throw hot water on them!' Verbatim, Really... At this writing I have been threatened by MX energy with collection and derogatories, in an effort to extract $843.90 by Nov. 28, 2008 or else, for what seems to me to be a one month real scam.
Va

Comments

Ge
  31st of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Carlos Sergio Gonzales seems to be the best asset they have. I had to deal with him on a natural gas bill and contacted my PSC to get action. MX Energy did straighten out the pb. partially. He seems to be nice but again you are dealing with a corportion and I am sure he does the best he can but is limited too. I appreciated his calling me. I think he is honest.
Rt
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Bull----, The person above obviously has some affiliation with MX energy, which is a rip-off company. The BBB, has 36 complaints on this company in the last 36 months. They usually prey on the elderly for obvious reasons. If you have an account with this company close it now.
RTD Middlesex NJ
Ag
  8th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I work for a utility company and this is one of worst marketers out there. They coersed my 71 yr old father via telemarketing to sign up with them. After paying outrageous gas prices for 13 months we dropped them, only to get nailed with a $150 early termination fee. Seems they automatically renew 12 month contracts unless you contest the letter they claim they sent out (my dad claims he never received it). I have filed complaints with the PSC and BBB on behalf of my father - STAY AWAY FROM MXENERGY!
An
  16th of Aug, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
HOW CAN SOMEONE "FORCE" YOU TO CHANGE YOUR SERVICE AGAINST YOUR WILL??????
Lr
  1st of Sep, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I disagree.. their fixed rate helped me save and budget my bill. The renewal was optional and I had a choice. Im on top of my things, always. I document everything and they record their calls. If you have a question regarding the contract acceptance, just have them pull and review the agents recording of the acceptance.. its that simple.
Pu
  5th of Oct, 2010
This is a horrible company! I was led to believe by the door to door salesman that they were cheap, they aren't! When I tried to drop them they wanted $150 for dropping the gas service and an additional $150 for dropping the electric. When I first called I was treated horribly by a young woman who definitely enjoyed her job as a bully. The supervisor I supposedly spoke to had an attitude. I plan on reporting them to a phone number given to me by my gas & electric company, who, by the way, says they have the most complaints against MX Energy.
Mk
  10th of Feb, 2011
I agree they do miss lead you, they do not tell you everything that will be billed to you, before you know it you are paying to utility companies for gas services. They say that you will lowe your bill, my bill way 3 times as much as it was before. I can't afford this MX energy company and its large charges. I wish I had a number to call to report there ripoff of unsuspecting customers.
Pr
  27th of Mar, 2011
I disagree MX Energy saved me hundreds of dollars on my energy bill. Their fixed rate is much better than PECO and its sky-high rising prices. If you do your homework you would see this company can save you a lot of money on your monthly electricity and natural gas bills with their discounted rate. Everything is explained on their website at www.mxenergy.com
An
  26th of Apr, 2011
We discontinued our service Jan 1, 2010 and are still awaiting our $388 refund four months later (after repeated calls wherein they promise to expedite the refund). The lack of ethics saddens me.