MWAYTS / Unauthorized billing!

Queensland, Australia Review updated:
I have had over $55.00 worth of unauthorized 'items' from MWAYTS which I never purchased - I paid the first bill (on my Telstra account) because 'stupid me' I thought I had accidentally purchased something when I was looking at 'FREE' ringtones for my mobile.

Comments

Sa
  19th of Jan, 2008
Hey, this has recently happened to me. Can u get credit for these charges or did u just wear it?
Ma
  30th of Jan, 2008
It has just happened to me too and have traced it back to one of the directors of Sybase 365 Pty Ltd (formerly Mobile 365 Pty ltd) - his name is Tarek and mobile number - 0424 707 586 -

Good luck!
Ne
  5th of Feb, 2008
I want to find out the internet ste of this organisation? To confirm whether or not legible terms and conditions were availble over a 7.5 font. because if they weren't then the company is responsible for disception. Australian Compition and Consummer C. Commission ph. 1300302 502 Telstra Complaints ( high up) ph. 1800 001 398 .telacommunications Industry Ombusman ph. 1800 062 058.
Sa
  18th of May, 2008
Oh my goodness, what a scam! My husband has over $150 worth of these messages that he didn"t ask for. Telstra have put a ban on our numbers and are very generously crediting our account.
El
  28th of May, 2008
I have also been stung by this rogue company for $99.00 They charged my account 4.50 every day for 22 days consecutively! nothing was ever purchased or requested.
Telstra has lodged a webform to try and recover a refund but no promises!. There is no way of telling it wont re occur. A ban has been placed ( this is the second time!!! ) Why should innocent people be paying these bills? How can we stop it? Do I turn off the phone? Any suggestions will be helpful. I have tried to ring the company and all I get is a recorded message. They never return the calls! Can I take legal action against this company?
Ro
  29th of Jul, 2008
On my Telstra Bill for last month (June) there was an item under my mobile phone for "Separate Purchases: 9 19707000 MT - $45.01.

This number is also used by a company called mBill.

When I inspected my Telstra "Calls yet to be billed" there were four more items under MWAYTS @ 5.00 (incl. GST).

I contacted Telstra about this, the person I talked to filled out a form and spoke to her supervisor. I told her that there was no way I was going to pay for something I hadn't ordered or asked for, so I paid the Bill less the $45.01.

I rang Telstra again today (29 July 2008) over that and another matter and was informed that the matter hadn't yet been resolved. I reiterated that I wouldn't be paying for anything which I hadn't ordered - no way, and left on equitable terms.

One of my main concerns is that I hold Telstra somewhat at fault because they are literally acting as a collector for what appears as questionable companies with blatantly dishonest practices.
An
  31st of Jul, 2008
Nice to see they don't have an active web address... $46 odd dollars later for f*ck all!
Da
  2nd of Nov, 2008
Our last phone bill had 10 of these charges on it. The even stranger part is that there were 2 lots of 4 calls, each of the 4, same date, same time and the 10 calls average out at $5 each.
I get the impression that the only way Telstra will get the message is if people change service providers in response to their "oh no thats not us" type of reply.
Where is our ACCC on this matter. As it has been happening for a long time one would suspect they have their heads securely in the sand and don't give a ###!
This is organised crime of the very worst type.
Rk
  3rd of Nov, 2008
I am facing the same problem, I went to telstra Shop when I see the first time $6.60 charegs for separate purchase, They told me its my subscription. I have never subscribed for this service so after argument as I was lots of other billing complaints as I have paid more than $700 in 3 months. And confused bills.
I was told that everything will be taken care but finally when I received the bill I was charged $59.40 for the services called MWAYTS. And same argument and same answers, they say Telstra is not responsible its 3'rd party service, my stand on this is why Telstra is billing for 3, rd party without any secured way.
THATS VERY CLEAR AND LOOKS LIKE THIS IS TELSTRA STRATEGY TO EARN EXTRA MONEY UNDER THE NAME OF MOBILE 365 PTY LTD WHICH DONT HAVE ANY WEBSITE OR ANY CONTACT DETAILS. TELSTRA GIVES YOU NO WHICH SAYS PLEASE CHECK THE NO IT DOSE NOT EXISTS. NO IS 1300 302 502.

THIS SEEMS LIKE TELSTRA SCAM
St
  26th of Nov, 2008
I have had 4 charges worth about $18.50 all up for a number of months now and I do not even use that mobile number anymore! I am not going to pay for this anymore, it is fraud and Telstra is complicit!!
Ha
  5th of Feb, 2009
Stupid me - I filled out a "Free" IQ Test from a link on the Weather Zone site.
And the text messages started and keep on coming. It is no good turning off the phone as they just deliver when you next turn on and I think you have already been charged for them. My total is now $79.95 for the last bill and I made not one call on my mobile.

I have been advised by a senior person from the Dept of Communications to complain to the Ombudsman and then Telstra have to do something.
An
  13th of Apr, 2009
I pulled this from LinkedIn

Seems we have one of the puppet masters behind this massive fraud advertising his genius on a business networking site. I think you know what to do with this, but please don't clog up his email account at david@fuselageone.com with a lot of nasty emails telling him what you think. Now that would be unethical and of questionable...

david@fuselageone.com
Board Advisor - Business Development
Mbill

Privately Held; Wireless industry

April 2006 – January 2007 ( 10 months)

mBill provides innovative and comprehensive mobile
marketing and billing solutions. Through scalable, fl exible
and richly functional products we enable clients to turn their
mobile ideas into generative revenue with a broader market
reach.

Some of our mobile solutions include:
> Time Based and Triggered Alerts
> Live streaming video to mobiles
> Content Delivery & Billing
> Competitions, Subscriptions, Voting
> 1-2-1, group or live operator chat services
> Website subscriptions
Gr
  18th of Jun, 2009
I had this same experience. Did an IQ test on Facebook and was told to enter mobile number to get results. I then received $122.40 of nuisance SMS's at $6.60 per hit! Lodged a complaint with Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman who gave me a high level number to ring in Telstra. The response I got from Telstra was very helpful, for a change! They said there was indeed an obscure charge proviso written at the bottom of the (provide mobile number) page, but that whilst it was within the letter, its ethicality was dubious. On that basis, they waived ALL the SMS charges and indeed, rang Sybase 365, from whom all this originates, and told them to lay off.
Ma
  21st of May, 2011
Hi Im the CEO of mbill and i wanted to make it clear that David has noting to do with the mbill business he was only looking after the USA Business providing white lable solutions to telcom operations for our video products

my contact is mark.reiken@mbill.biz if you have any issues
Ab
  23rd of Apr, 2012
Have Telstra ( your Provider) put on a restriction on your mobile phone for premium texting - this will stop the third party purchases from telemarketing scammers.