MWAYTS / Deceptive business practices

1 Australia Review updated:

I've received text messages from Mwayts through a service called 19745555MT in my Telstra mobile, which I didn't requested or authorized. The messages now have stop coming but there's still $120 worth of messages that I'd like to be refunded. I've called the number they provide and it's impossible to talk to anyone, there's just a message saying all operators are busy! As if! Who's gonna pay me back now?? Can anyone help me finding a proper number that I can talk to someone and get my money back?

Va

Comments

• Wi
      10th of Apr, 2008

My daughter received text messages from Mwayts through a service called 19745555MT in her Telstra mobile which was registered under my name, and which she and I didn't requested or authorized. The messages now have stop coming as my daughter see the charge on our Telstra bill and rang up to stop the message but there's still $39.63 worth of messages that I'd like to be refunded. My daughter need to work over 3 hours part time to earn this monies. As if! Who's gonna pay her back now?? Can anyone help me finding a proper number that I can talk to someone and get her money back?

• Gf
      30th of Jul, 2008

This has happened to me also and I think it is disgusting that it may be allowed to continue.

I have done some digging around and the company name responsible for this is SYBASE 365 PTY LIMITED

It's a SCAM. A subsidiary company run by Sybase Australia Pty Ltd, who refuse to claim any responsibility for the unauthorized charged inflicted upon you . However I advise you contact them direct and let them face the wrath of angry consumers whom they have ripped off. Their number is 9936 8800 and they are in North Sydney.