mvq*privacymService Not Requested

K Review updated:

Charges suddenly appeared on my AMEX credit card. Never requested nor authorized.
$23.95 x 1 month and $19.95 x 1 month. They're also using another phone number [protected], so I'm getting charged 2 sets of the above charges. I want my money back.

• R
      Sep 16, 2009

I find myself also having charges of $29.95 twice on the same day. I don't even want this, all I thought I was getting was a free credit report. I also want my money back. What a scam this is!!!

• L
      Oct 02, 2009

I was charged twice for 19.95 on my credit card the same day and did not authorized this I want my money back. When you call the 2 phone numbers they have a busy signal.

• K
      Oct 08, 2009

I just was reviewing my Credit Card statment and found two charges from MVQ*PRIVACYM [protected] CT and MVQ*BEST BENEFITS [protected] IL for 29.95 each one...Crazy...I called to phone and they said we will refund the Money in two day??? What mean that anyone can charge yor credit Card!!!

• S
      Oct 19, 2009

I just rec'd my credit card and had two charges of $19.95 from MVQ Privacy. I was told I signed up for this but I never remember seeing anything about this. I had signed up for 3 months on classmates.com and that is all I did. There must be some fine print on this. I called and they are reversing the charges. So watch out for them!!! SCAM.

• D
      Oct 28, 2009

I have never been late with any of my payments, but I just received my credit card bill and noticed a charge of $29.95 on the 9th of Oct. and a $2.00 charge on the 5th of Oct. from MVQ*Privacy that I did not request. I'm 68 years old and I can not work, and my Husband is 69 a can not found a job. We are living on our credit cards and it's getting harder every day. I hope someone can take these charges off my credit card. Thank you, Dorothy Hyde

• A
      Nov 12, 2009

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK! YOU SCAMMERS!
    YOU HAVE BEEN BILLING MY PREPAID CREDIT CARD 5 TIMES ALREADY STARTING ON JULY

• L
      Nov 13, 2009

I just got my credit card statement and also seen the MVQ*privacym with a 19.95 charge which i did not authorize. I called my credit card and they will dispute it, but of course i called the 888 number to rip them a new one. Now it's kinda strange that they could not find me in their system from my name, phone number or even my email address. They wanted my card number YEA RIGHT..

• K
      Nov 18, 2009

After calling them, I found out that everyone that signed up for Classmates.com was auto-enrolled in their scam. They did reverse 6 months of charges for me! Beware... Classmates.com also starts auto-renewing you and billing you $15 every renewel after the 1st 3 months!

• Y
      Nov 30, 2009
    mvq*privacym - Unauthorized Charges
    California

I have unauthorized charges I contacted the phone number on my statement and entered the informaiton requested, a recording stated they were unable to find my membership.

How do I get this to stop?????

• O
      Jan 04, 2010

I recommend you call your credit card company and dispute the charges. Then request a new credit card number and destroy your old card. I also recommend you report it to the Better Business Bureau.
    I was told by American Express that they already have your credit card number - that's how they billed it.
    I also recommend turning off your computer during the day when you are not using it - hackers can steal information without you even knowing it.

• H
      Jan 15, 2010
    mvq*privacym - Rec'd Charges on my Credit card 1/07/2010 & 1/11/2010
    Judy
    Tampa
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

I have received to charges to my Visa Credit Card in the amount for $19.95 twice this month, on 01/07/2010 and 01/11/2010 and I do not know who this company is and I would like for the moneys to be refund to my Visa Account. I did not authorize any such charges to my Visa credit card.

Judy

• G
      Jan 15, 2010

We just called mvq*privcym @ [protected] and informed them we never gave authorization for this membership (whatever it is) and requested a full refund. They refunded $29.95 for the last seven months within the last 3 days. Good luck, Judy.

• G
      Jan 16, 2010
    mvq*privacym - Rec'd Charges on my Credit card 1/07/2010 & 1/11/2010
    mvq*privacym
    unknown
    unknown
    California
    Phone: [protected]

unauthorized taking of money from my bank account, screwed up my account, it seems this company has done this to many others, i do not know who they are, they do not answer the phone number how do I stop this durn thieves [protected]@yahoo.com

• A
      Jan 21, 2010

I as well signed up for the free 4-7 day classmates.com trial and without knowing was scammed $19.95 a month for 3 months. I called up Privacymatters123 (contact # [protected]) and instantly demanded my money back and my membership (that i did not sign up for) to be closed. When told that Classmates.com was the reason I was being charged i said: "And are you Classmates.com?" Ofcourse not they are Privacymatters.com!! Well apparently you're privacy DOES NOT MATTER to either Classmates or PM123!! They without question appologized and offered me a full refund.

This sort of behavior should never be allowed EVEN IF IT SAYS IN FINE PRINT PM123 WILL CHARGE YOU. It is like going on Newegg.com and buying a computer online, giving your information to newegg, but then finding out under the fine print it states newegg will give your info to a 2nd part who will rip you off without even knowing it! THIS IS WRONG PEOPLE.

Mar 01, 2010

I am glad I was able to find other posts regarding this. I had not one but TWO charges for $23.95. I called the [protected] number and said I didn't know what the charges were and that I didn't authorize any charges. They said they apologized for the inconvenience and said they are going to credit my account for the two charges. I'll let you know if that happens. What a TOTAL scam! Thanks to those that posted before me so I was able to see what this was all about.

• T
      Mar 02, 2010

I have been being charged by three of these companies for the last 10 months. Each month, $62 had been being taken out.. I feel like an idiot for not calling the number sooner. This company is a HUGE scam. I don't know how I signed up for them, but I know that I had never heard of them before. They make cancellation extremely easy when you call them, probably because the only reason people call there is to get off of their hitlist.

• T
      Mar 09, 2010

They charged my card 2 times 19.95, WITHOUT MY CONSENT! .This should be illegal and these people should pay.

• B
      Apr 01, 2010

i was charged 19.95 from my account and i never gave permission for this charge i called the number and they gladly reimbursed my account. i also canceled the membership i never knew i had

• W
      Jul 02, 2010

This happened to me as well.. I sent in a BBB complaint. You can view it on their site. BBB CASE#: [protected]. Go there and either view mine and add or start your own. The only way to stop them is for enough people to complain. I also talked with my bank and they were very helpful and credited my money. Hope this helps.

Jan 04, 2011

I have found a charge on my debit card for MVQ Best Benefits but when I called the number to cancel they say enter your membership number but if I do not have one how can I enter one and they say it about 3 times and then say thank you for calling goodbye. Do anyone have a legit number for this place. What can I do ? I am a mother and I live on a fixed income and as everyone else it is hard and then people taking money from your account.

Aug 19, 2011

on the 1st of the past 4 months i have been getting charged 29.95 on my pre-paid cridt card and i dont know why.i ant my money back ASAP...