MVQ * Shopessplus / Unauthorized Charges

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

MVQ*Shopessplus has charged my credit card 4 consecutive months for a membership I didn’t not sign up for. I have made several attempts to contact them and question the charge, however after calling the 800 # listed on my credit card statement I am asked to enter a membership number, which I do not have. There is no way to get in touch with a representative to talk. I have Googled the company name only to get a site that asks for my information and submit it and they will contact me. I am feed up with the lack of customer service and contact information available for companies. And companies that can get away with unauthorized charges. I feel for the person that does not look at the monthly statement.

Comments

• Jk
      8th of Sep, 2009

When they ask for the credit card number, enter #. They will ask again and enter # again. Then you will connected to a person. Be sure to check your credit card charges for MVQ*VPCLUBUS and MVQ*SHOPESSPLUS. Both can be handled by the 1-877-422-5774 number and you can get cancelled and refunds at the same time.

• Jl
      16th of Sep, 2009

Me too! what's up with this. Doesn't the credit card companies get alerted about these scam artists! Mine was 19.95

• Ss
      16th of Sep, 2009

I just called this company and they made a withdrawl from my account that I disputed. The reason the charge was there was it is a membership fee which offers you a 20% discount on VistaPrint .com and probably other webpages. I did make a purchase through vistaprint but did not approve of the monthly membership. So I canceled the membership. I am so glad that I did a google search on this company so that I could find this forum. The number that I called was 1-888-243-6185, and when they asked for my ID number I did what J K B
    suggested and put in the # sign. I hope this also helps.

• Ta
      18th of Sep, 2009

I just checked my account and found this same charge. We had also purchased some items from Vista print but never authorized this membership. Called 1-888-243-6185, entered the # sign at every prompt (took me three times), and then got a person who stated that they would cancel my membership and refund me within two business days. Thanks for the help JKB!

• Na
      19th of Sep, 2009

I have 5 charges from them. I called after I noticed the 3rd charge and was told it will be cancelled and I would be reiembursed. I have since been charge two more times. Both charges within one day of each other.

• Sj
      25th of Sep, 2009

I have just found that this same company has been taking $11.95 out of my account and I two have not signed up for any membership. Sadly it has been charged 8 times and I just called (I did the # thing) spoke with a person she said they would cancel it. At the end she said her name again and even said her Id # which I wrote down so I am hoping to have no more problems from them!

• Ru
      27th of Sep, 2009

I* also was charged without my knowledge for 2 accounts which I never signed up for. When I called about the 2 charges, I was told that I had clicked on a advertisment for inkers. This should be caught by the better buisness bureau... What a shame that you cannot look for something on the internet and then find out that you have been charged for something you have no idea about.. I was promised refunds within 48 hours. Well we will see or here will be something or some company will be indeed in big trouble..

• Sc
      28th of Sep, 2009

JKB - I called that number, 877-422-5774, and it is a number no longer in service. I, too, have the charge on my card. I am going to my bank to see if they can block the charge. The is shameful. If I see another charge on there, I will be contacting my state atty gen.

• Aw
      29th of Sep, 2009

I just saw this charge on my checking account and I'm so glad I googled it and found people that have had the same charges. I called 1-888-243-6185 and had to press # three times to get through. I took down the name and ID # of the operator and was told that my membership would be cancelled and the money would be reimbursed back into my account in 3-5 days! So frustrating!

• 2c
      30th of Sep, 2009

I got through...877-442-5774...I kept hitting numbers until it said just a minute an operator will be with you shortly...I did not follow the press here BS. I was told the same... my membership would be cancled immediately. I must admitt it was my started this association so I have some ownership in this. I would just say follow the general electronic communication rule keep you Credit Card for only sites you trust...
    Just My 2 Cents

• 2c
      30th of Sep, 2009

I just got my cancellation emailed to me 10 minutes after I called...Just My 2 Cents

• Sf
      1st of Oct, 2009

Try this: http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/customer_care/partnercancellation.aspx

I twittered about my problem and they responded quickly with an apology and a way to straighten it out. We'll see how well they take care of it.

• Bo
      2nd of Oct, 2009

I also had this problem. I just called them and they said mine was from visiting Restaurants.com. I bought a couple of gift cards from them, but never agreed to these charges. This is so frustrating, we work hard for our money and these people just go and take it in a scam. ughhhh.

• De
      9th of Oct, 2009

This is THEFT. My husband ordered some checks from Vista, paid for them, then they take unauthorized funds from our account? That's theft. And if we are jus the people who NOTICED, how many haven't noticed, or may not ever notice?

• Sc
      9th of Oct, 2009

I agree - - we also just noticed the charge on 9/29 and reviewed the account and found 3 additonal charges. Each $14.95. I have contacted my credit card and have placed the amounts in dispute.

• Sh
      10th of Oct, 2009

little more research and i found this site.

apparently they sign you up then you have to search them out to activate or cancel your membership.

website is http://www.membershipcenter.com/index.aspx

gives you the option to cancel . also has numbers and email addresses.
    it lets you find your membership with the code from your bank statement ( the name they charged you under) and your email address. It gives you the option to enter your credit card number BUT I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT!

Good Luck all!

• Am
      12th of Oct, 2009

Apparently you've been duped by VISTAPRINT when you agree to the terms and conditions when purchasing online. When I called the number listed on my credit card statement, they said they could not pull up my information. How the heck can you charge my card but not have my information when I call to dispute? Ridiculous!

13th of Oct, 2009

Same problem but it started with Restaurant.com. I got through by pressing # twice. The agent gave me a 1 month (of six) refund and canceled my account. I did receive an email confirming the cancellation.

14th of Oct, 2009

There should be an investigation on this company. I think it's too easy for them to charge then cancel when you notice a bill on your credit card statement. Isn't this illegal? HOw do we start and take action to get these crooks?

• Ti
      15th of Oct, 2009

Our card was charged 14.95. I called 888-243-6185 and entered our cc number and reached a representative. I said it was not authorized, I want it cancelled and refunded . There was no aurgument, just a no problem and she said she would cancel and refund it within two days. I feel terrible for those people who don't see the charge on thier statement. The machine on the phone said "you clicked on a banner or ad to save 10$". Why would anyone pay 14.95 a month to save 10 bucks! What a rip off scam!