MVQ *PRIVACYMX / HOW TO PAINLESSLY CANCEL YOUR MVQ MEMBERSHIP AND GET A REFUND

1 WA, United States Review updated:

HOW TO GET A REFUND:
Try to cancel online at their website. http://www.membershipcenter.com/index.aspx
You will not receive any confirmation that you have cancelled.
Next call [protected]
Have your phone # available.
Tell them politely that you would like a refund of all the charges through this company. I was very polite throughout the whole conversation and it was very painless actually to get the charges reversed, though they definitely try to take you for all you're worth.
They will tell you, "Okay, I have refunded your charges, it will appear on your account in 3-5 days."
Ask them which charges and how many have been refunded (they probably only refunded the most recent). Tell them you want ALL the charges refunded.
They will probably transfer you to a supervisor for this.
Ask for refund of all the charges. They will tell you they have refunded all the charges.
Again ask them how many, because they will likely only have canceled now the 2 most recent charges.
Tell the supervisor that you were never aware of having signed up for this account, and that when you tried to cancel just today, there was never any confirmation of that. You can also ask them to email you the initial agreement you signed.
At this point they may say something like "Well, you did not cancel before the agreed time, but for customer satisfaction, I will be able to refund that amount."
Again confirm how many charges were refunded and make sure they match your credit card statements.
Write down the service representative names and the confirmation numbers they give you.
Again confirm that your account has been canceled.

Ka

Comments

• Nu
      17th of Jun, 2010

I had the 19.95 charge on my account from MVQ*VALMAX that I found was for 3 months. I called my bank and got the number 888-241-0049. When I called they have an automated refund if you press 1. I pressed 1. It said that they would process my refund within 3-5 days. No confirmation number. I was not satisfied with that. Then it prompted to press another number to speak with a person. I did this. They must get a ton of these calls! The person verified my refund and gave me a confirmation number for the call. Then when I asked about the other months. She immediately asked if I wanted to speak with a supervisor. I said yes! There was no sound...I thought they hung up on me. But eventually this brash lady came on the phone and said that this months charge will be refunded and last months charge will be refunded gave me a number and hung up on me before I could get a word out!!! What about the other month they charged me without my consent!?!?! This company is such a ripoff. I still don't know how they got my information! Good Luck to all that come in contact with this company!!