MVQ Privacy Matters / PMIdentity / Fraudulent Charge
I was just looking over my bank account information and noticed two charges for 29.95. I agreed to a ONE-TIME charge of $1.00 (for a credit report, for a job), which was also removed from my account, along with one charge for $2.00 and an additional $1.00.
All together, that makes for about $63.00 that I did not agree to.
I called my bank immediately and they explained that it may be faster to call the merchant and get a refund that way, so I did. Mia, the all-too-familiar-with-this-issue customer service rep, was rude, and argued with me. At first I asked who they were, because I had never heard of the company. She explained that they are a identity theft protection company. Holding back the, "Oh, so you protect identities, but steal from people?!" comment, I said, "I did not authorize this charge, " to which she replied, "Either you or someone in your household did." I said, "Interesting. Well, pass me to who I need to talk to because I am NOT paying for this, as I didn't agree to it." She immediately responded with, "Okay, the refund will be applied to your bank account and should post within the next three to five business days." I asked for a confirmation number, which she gave me. I know that Bank of America will investigate the charge and act accordingly if need be, but I don't feel that I should have to wait two months to be refunded money that I never agreed to spend. This is absolutely ridiculous.
More MVQ Privacy Matters / PMIdentity Complaints & Reviews
- Privacy Matters 123 - Cancellation of Membership 
- Privacy Matters 123 - Company got debit card information from another site! 
- MVQ Privacy Matters Identity - Unapproved Charges to Credit Card 
- Privacy Matters - $1 credit card charge 
- Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - cannot cancel membership 
- Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - Unauthorized charges on my credit card 
- PrivacyMatters123 - unauthorized access to my credit card 
- Privacy Matters 123 - Tried to STEAL MY MONEY!
- Privacy Matters 123 - monthly billing
- MVQ PRIVACY Matters - fraudulent charges