MVQ Privacy Matters / PMIdentity / Fraudulent Charge

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I was just looking over my bank account information and noticed two charges for 29.95. I agreed to a ONE-TIME charge of $1.00 (for a credit report, for a job), which was also removed from my account, along with one charge for $2.00 and an additional $1.00.

All together, that makes for about $63.00 that I did not agree to.

I called my bank immediately and they explained that it may be faster to call the merchant and get a refund that way, so I did. Mia, the all-too-familiar-with-this-issue customer service rep, was rude, and argued with me. At first I asked who they were, because I had never heard of the company. She explained that they are a identity theft protection company. Holding back the, "Oh, so you protect identities, but steal from people?!" comment, I said, "I did not authorize this charge, " to which she replied, "Either you or someone in your household did." I said, "Interesting. Well, pass me to who I need to talk to because I am NOT paying for this, as I didn't agree to it." She immediately responded with, "Okay, the refund will be applied to your bank account and should post within the next three to five business days." I asked for a confirmation number, which she gave me. I know that Bank of America will investigate the charge and act accordingly if need be, but I don't feel that I should have to wait two months to be refunded money that I never agreed to spend. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Comments

• Fl
      7th of May, 2008
    Privacy Matters/PMIdentity - Charges to credit card
    Phone: 18888406301

Charges to credit card was not approved by holder. I have cancel this privacy matters. Multiple charges were placed on my credit card on the same day.

E-mail was sent to Gwen Bruce.

• Ta
      13th of Sep, 2008
    privacymatters/pmidentity - unauthorized charging of my credit card
    privacymatters/pmidentity

I believe these two companies are in one and they charged my credit card $1.00 three times and then charged $29.95 and $19.95 one time each. I am having a hard time getting credit back for these charges.

• Ka
      12th of Oct, 2010

Your company took a total of 19.95 out of my account on 10/12/10 from 888-239-3919 state Ct. which was not ahtarized by Karl Wynn from Sun Trust Bank and Mr. Wynn would appreciate your company returnning the 19.95 to his account

• Ka
      12th of Oct, 2010

Your company took a total of $19.95 from my account with out autharization and I would like for it to be returned to my account please.Iv'e had my card cancelled and there will be a follow up on this matter The name is Karl Wynn, bank is Sun Trust, money was taken on 10/12/10 from 888-239-3919 state of CT. please return. Thank You

• Tr
      11th of Jan, 2011

i am pissed off at whoever is taking money off my card your taking food off my tablei am changing my carddont try to conntact me again

• Je
      24th of Jan, 2011
    MVQ*PRIVACYMATTERS - iLLEGAL CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD
    MVQ*PRIVACYMATTERS

on 1/18/11 $19.95 was taken out of my teachers fed account. I never even heard of this company and haven't even used my card. SO i would like the money put back in immediatley!

• Ga
      19th of Dec, 2012
    MVQ*PRIVACYMATTERS - iLLEGAL CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD

This company has been charging my account for over 2 years but under my mother's name(Mary Kelley). I never gave anyone permission to charge my account. I also have Power of Attorney for my mother and she signs nothing.
    I called and ask for a full refund and was told it wasn't possible but they would refund the current month only.
    They said they would forward my request to higher mangment for review. I am waiting on an e-mail stating the answer to my request.
    gary kelley...[protected]@hotmail.com