MVQ PRIVACY Matters / fraudulent charges

Not only did this "company" charge my account for $23.95, but they did it TWICE on the same day as another branch of the company!! ...MVQ PMIdentity...and apparently they've been stealing money from me for some time now. THIS is what happens when you do not review your monthly statements.
You can be sure I'll be "eagle eyes" from now on.

If you call the number, they have a recording that puts you on hold... indefinitely.

Canceling your debit/credit card # is the only way to stop the charges.
Call your bank to report fraudulent charges.
My bank was familiar with this particular name.

Before you get your bext credit card, consider this...
A few years ago I read an article written by a smart man who suggested that if you must make transactions online, be sure to have a seperate credit card with a very small limit. This prevents REAL damage if your card is tapped into.
I wonder if those prepaid cards can be an option...

Comments

• Mi
      Jan 03, 2010
    MVQ PRIVACY Matters - Unauthorized Charge
    MVQ PrivacyMatters
    Connecticut

I signed up for ClassMates for a $9.95 membership and recieved a charge of $19.95 on my VISA from MVQ Privacy Matters which I understand is affiliated with Classmates for some reason, I did not sign up for anything with MVQ Privacy ...just a heads up to anyone else ...you can google the company name ...This is a fraudulent and unauthorized charge.

• Fr
      Apr 27, 2010
    Frederick Madera
    105 June Ave
    Clovis
    New Mexico
    Phone: [protected]

This charge appeared on my bank statement. I have no idea what it is or how it got charged to my account. It showed as:

4/13/2010 POS DEBIT $19.95
    MVQ*PRIVACYM [protected] CT

We were out of town on a trip on that date.

• Ge
      Jul 02, 2010

3/JUL/2010
    DEAR SIR/MADAM,
    A CHARGE ON CARD ENDING 3880 AT AMOUNT OF $29.95 DATED 07/01/2010
    I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH YOUR COMPANY.
    IF I DID IS AN ERORR STOP THIS FUTURE TRANSACTION

• Lo
      Jul 11, 2010
    MVQ PRIVACY Matters - Will not stop charges
    Santa Barbara Organics
    California

I have attempted to cancel my subscription from MVQ Privacy Matters several times and I keep getting charges on my credit card. I filled out the form online to cancel my subscription and they did not respond nor cancel the charges. There is no contact, nor any way to really talk to anyone.

Please help! They have charged me over $100 so far!

• Hu
      Sep 10, 2010

Do you know who they are?
    I've never heard of them

• Hu
      Sep 10, 2010

I don't think they are a real company

• Ro
      Sep 19, 2010
    mvq privacy matters
    Longview
    Washington

MVQ Privacy Matters got my VISA #, don't know how and charged our account over $600.00 over an 8 month period. We missed it until recently. Usually $30.00 at a time. We have recieved 0 services, never knowingly signed up for it. Anyone else experiencing this rip-off?

• Se
      Apr 26, 2011
    MVQ privacy matters
    Connecticut

I received 2 bogus charges on my credit card from MVQ*Privacy Matters for $1995
    and MVQ*Savingsace for $11.95

• Tg
      May 02, 2011

Received credit card statement with charge of $23.95 for MVQ Privacy Matters and did not know what this was for. Called the company, finally got a person who could not locate anything by searching name, phone number, and zip code. She said she might could find it by credit card number which I would not give her. She put me on hold and then her supervisor came on and said that they could not locate a valid charge for me (sounds like a bogus charge to me). I told her I would contact the credit card company to remove the charge.

• Ka
      Jul 25, 2011
    MVQ
    Jacksonville
    Florida

MVQ MADE TWO CHARGES TO OUR CREDIT CARD, $27.95 EACH FOR SERVICES CALLED "PRIVACY MATTERS" AND "AT HOME REWARDS", AND LISTED AS THEIR PHONE NUMBER A LAW OFFICE (WHO TOLD ME TO CALL THE BBB OR THE POLICE, AS IT WAS A SCAM!!!). FINALLY FOUND THE RIGHT NUMBER ON THE NET, AND THEY REFUSED TO REMOVE THE CHARGES BUT SAY THEY CANCELLED THE SERVICE. WE'LL SEE...