MVQ Credit Score 24 / Monthly Withdrawls from Credit Card

1 IN, US Review updated:

I signed up for a free credit report that cost $1.oo.
I never received the report.
Then the next month I got a bill for $29.95.
For what? I don't know.
Would like my money back.

Comments

• Sw
      Sep 12, 2009

Same thing happened to my husband. What to do about MVQ?

• Ro
      Sep 14, 2009

I had the same experience. How do I cancel and get money back ?

Sep 22, 2009

I had the same experience too.. I want to cancel and get money back

• Re
      Sep 26, 2009

SAME SAME WHATS THE SOLUTION.

RLH

• Re
      Sep 26, 2009

IS there any news on what to do to get the problem solved?

•   Sep 26, 2009

MOT'S LIEKLY YOUR HALVE SINED UP FOR SOTHEMING IN THE FIEN PIRNT OFF THTA OFFEFFER, ,

THE BET'S THINIG FOUR YOU TOO DO WOLD BE TOO CACNEL YOU'RE CERDIT CRAD'S I AM SRORY TOO SAY MY FREDN';S

SRORY

BLESING'S

Dr M A CARNARVORO

• Ke
      Oct 01, 2009

Same thing happened to me.

Call this number to cancel membership.
    [protected] Credit 24
    [protected] Identity Theft

• Be
      Oct 08, 2009

Same thing happened to me
    Yesterday 10/07/09
    I canceled my card I reported
    what I could withBBB. Because there were no Ph #s
    or address of the So Called bussiness, it will be
    tough. But do it anyway. The
    Bank suggest filing a Police report!
    LESSON LEARNED; BBB.ORG Has Free reports.
    or Call them and they will lead you to the Free Reports

Thanks Susan
    From Iniana

• Cj
      Oct 24, 2009

i signed up for a free credit report in September 2009. I was charged $1.00. I have recieved four charges of $29.95, two in september and two in october. I filed a complaint with bbb today. I will call later to try to cancel my membership. I was mad when I went to my bank and had a negative balance in my acount. I bought something and would have never had a negative balance in my account if was not for freescore. What is FREE about freescore? Nothing. Here is some information that may be helpful. Click on the privacy policy link at the bottom of freescore.com. Look for "How Do I contact the website?".
    Membership Services, FreeScore,
    8420 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60631.

• Ca
      Oct 28, 2009

Here is the number to www.freescore.com, [protected]. I too got charged and couldn't get on but with a little persistence, I was able to get the number and the lady on the phone was very helpful. I then was able to logon and view my reports. Good luck.

• Ya
      Nov 04, 2009

I too signed up for freescore.com and was charged the $1.00 and then was denied acess to the site. Got my visa bill today and had a charge of $59.99 for said site. Thanks for the numbers posted wish me luck.

• Na
      Nov 08, 2009

I guess I am just another victim. Woke up this morning with a "pretty" little surprise worth $29.95.
    Totally out of the blue stuff!! Went to get my "free" annual credit report and here I am calling my bank and getting ready to contact BBB too.

• Al
      Nov 09, 2009

https://www.membershipcenter.com/membership-lookup.aspx to cancel membership!!

• Ze
      Nov 20, 2009

I checked for a phone number in my online banking statement, and there was an 800 number to call. From the other comments, CreditScore 24 and IdentityCheck use various 800 numbers.

Today, 11/20/2009, I called [protected] and was able to just dial zero to talk to a rep. He pulled up my info using name and zip code. They will try to ask for a member ID and credit card, but I would not give it. He supposedly cancelled both services neither of which produced anything for me besides four charges of $29.95 - that's a week worth of groceries.

I will never sign up for another "free" offer. They give one the details in the terms & conditions at the bottom of the site right next to the webmaster email. Who looks there for T&C?

• Ze
      Nov 20, 2009

Update to my previous post. I just received email confirmation that both CreditScore24 and IdentityCheck are cancelled. The [protected] number will get one through to them. Pass over automated prompts by dialing zero, give them your name and zip code. They can look up member number, etc and cancel.

Nov 28, 2009

On 11/20/2009 I am carge for $1.00 and on 25th s29.95 to my credit card. I reported to my credit card Co. to investigate and not to pay to the Credit-score. I dont know what else can I do. Is there any official agency to whom I should report this? I want my noney back.

• Cj
      Dec 01, 2009

hey, everyone. i was somehow refunded for $119.80 (four charges of $29.95). i filed a complaint with the bbb on 10/24/09. on 11/9/09, the bbb sent me an email saying they received my email and they forwarded the complaint to the business. the bbb said the business had until 11/23/09 to respond to my complaint. on 11/26/09 (thanksgiving), i received two emails at 1:03 am and 1:04 am saying that i was refunded for $59.90, which totals $119.80. i don't know how, but i received my money back. i am so happy!! it was most likely the bbb complaint i filed online against the company.

• Gr
      Dec 26, 2009

just another victim just like everyone else. Any new suggestions out there? I too thought this was free and all the sudden was charged the 29.95 from both credit score 24 and identity check 2. I am really PO because I am living on unemployment and really need that money back!

• Co
      Dec 26, 2009

If it sounds too good to be true ... well then it most likely IS NOT true!

Why do people always fall for the 'free' stuff?

My advice: Unplug your computer from ALL AND ANY INTERNET connectivity.
    That will prevent you from giving out your personal information and credit card numbers to total strangers.

If that isn't an option: try CREDITKARMA.COM
    This is a reputable web site that finances its services through advertising on their web site.
    They will not only give you your credit scores and break it down for you so you actually understand what it means. They also have great advise on how to improve your credit score.

And if you really have to order anything online then get a Bank of America credit card with a "shop safe" feature. This will allow you to create a 'virtual' credit card each time you order something online. Use this virtual CC number for which YOU can set the expiration date AND the LIMIT. So if you "free" offer asks for your credit card information to charge a modest shipping & handling fee or a processing fee or they may talk you into giving the information so that they can confirm that you are who you claim to be you simply put in that virtual CC number valid for 2 months with a total credit limit of $5 to be ever charged to it.

It is so simple to beat them :)

• Ho
      Dec 30, 2009

Sorry But all of you guys maybe should not enter your credit card online. Freescore.com is a valid web site, CLEARY STATES the $1.00 charge is just a "MEMBERSHIP" processing fee!!! If americans would read, we would not have this issue, But since everyone wants to be stubborn, you do not realize you are signing up for a membership? why would a website ask you just for $1.00? use common sense the BBB can not do anything about freescore, They ARE A VALID COMPANY, And call centers are who you are contacting with there could be millions, no address is going to be provided due to that is not the corporate address. The Customer Service Representatives are not informed of that information because that is not their job, their job is to take your mouth that is it, also no where in their job description does it say they have to due math! so asking them for a total is going to make your self look like a fool. If you do not want their services simple call, cancel, ask politley for a refund and guarentee you will be easily and fastly refunded. Cussing does not help the situation, only makes you look like an immature idiot who does not know how to read.

Jan 08, 2010

All of you at MVQ are THUGS OF THE GREATEST KIND. You say we Americans can not read. Never ever say that again. I can describe your activities with some "choice" words for you to read, in case, YOU CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND. You are running a scam. It is that simple. Stop it before some one takes you to court.
    I sent $1.00 and then I am being charged $29.95 for the last several months and have yet to see any kind of report not even my credit score. Can I ask the bank to stop this charge? I may never get my money back but at least MVQ can not stop me from saying TO HELL WITH YOU.

DR. S.A. HYDER

• Ed
      Feb 03, 2010

I have the same problem and now they are doing other things with MVQ -its morphing and multiplying -I have something called MVQ homesvgs and MVQ foodnflix charging my account now, too. Somebody needs to put these creeps in jail.
    Now as to not givingup your credit card number online - that is just stupid - in todays world we do it all of the time. Ordering things from online -0 stuff that can't be found in shops, paypal donations, ebay, FTD flowers, gifts, specialty items ...the list goes on and on. It is not foolish to expect some basic legal protection to what now is a standard business practice - buying things online.
    The one that says that Americans need to read needs to get over himself.
    As for nothing being free, well, yes Horatio Alger, some things are free - to bring prospective customers in the door to your business or an industry. Many times things are free to promote real estate in an area. Oh, they come with strings attached, but this isn't strings attached, its theft, pure and simple. I did not see any fine print. Did they use the white font?!!! Heck, I would have been willing just to pay a one time 29.99 fee for the stupid report. Its the hand in my proverbial online pocket that I can get rid of that I mind. I didn't want something for nothing - I wanted something for 29.99 one time and thats it. I got nothing but a recurring headache.
    Should we also not drive on interstae highways because there are criminals on the road? The solution isn't to insult average people the solution is to prosecute theives!

Feb 08, 2010
    Credit Card Score 24 - unauthorized charge
    credit card score 24

was charged on my visa debit momentum card for services that were not authorized

• 69
      Mar 08, 2010
    MVQ Credit Score 24 - overcharge

Signed up for free credit report that costs $1.00. Okay whatever, but then you start recieving a monthly deduction for $30.00 taken from the card you used to pay the $1.00 fee with. I am sure they did not lie, but they are deceiving and keep that information hidden in some doc. I know that I am the one to blame because I was too lazy to read every word in their disclosure. It still sucks becasuse they know that people are not going to read all that info.

• Ro
      Mar 11, 2010

I signed up and also got the 1.00 charge.Could not access website though.Then i came across this site a read about this so-called freecreditscore24 and immediately canceled my card.

• Ld
      Mar 12, 2010

I, too, was taken in by this scam. Only difference is I have been going thru this for almost a year and have yet to see a credit score or a phone number to cancel. Am now trying to have the bank track down some information, so I can be rid of this monthly fee once and for all. Lesson learned - don't give out your credit card to anyone unless you check the company out first.

• Va
      Mar 15, 2010

I have a $19.95 charge on my credit card that I never authorized.

• To
      Apr 03, 2010

i have a $ 19.95 charge on my bank account that i did not agree too !!!

• To
      Apr 03, 2010

i did not agree to a $ 19.95 charge to my bank account !!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!

• Sw
      Apr 06, 2010

The same thing has happened to me

• Ka
      Apr 10, 2010

i don't even have a credit card and i got charged. i just wanted to see if i had good credit.
    Any suggestions on how to get my money back?

• Ka
      Apr 10, 2010

i did not agree to pay $20 for some stupid monthly credit report. i agreed to pay $1.00 at the time of signing up.

• Tr
      Apr 28, 2010

These people are "SHISTERS" with a capital "S". Think of all the people they steal from daily. "TRICKY" language and TRICKY charges... Call them and cancel...
    [protected] and cancel and get your money back... If they wouldn't try and "TRICK" you with their fees... they might get someone to stay signed up for the service.

And, I would stay clear of BANK OF AMERICA for anything but a free roll of toilet paper. BOA plays the ole "bait and switch' tricky language also. Did you see and here
    their VP's on TV testifiing to the Senate committee? Too bad ole BOA..hope they fine you till you all don't get your FAT BONSES!!

• La
      Sep 04, 2010

Same happened here no report and AFTER calling and canceling service a charge came up. I canceled my debit card and disputed the charge with my bank.

• La
      Sep 04, 2010

Same happened here, I never received the report and I CANCELED THE SERVICE!!! Still got a charge, I got a hold of my bank disputed the charge and closed the debit account.

Sep 15, 2010

the same thing just happened to me ...they said it will be a dollar but they took 33.00 out my account.. when i called to talk to soomeone they was very nasty and hung up the phone on me ...and i never recieved anything...this place is a rip off this was on 09-09-10

• Pr
      Sep 24, 2010

i signed up for a free credit report in September 2009. I was charged twice $1.00. I have recieved twice charges of $29.95, two in september. I was mad when I went to my bank and had a negative balance in my acount. I bought something and would have never had a negative balance in my account if was not for freescore. What is FREE about freescore? Nothing. Here is some information that may be helpful. Look for "How Do I contact the website?".
    Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT MVQ*CREDITSCOREEXPRESS [protected] CT Link to more information in a new browser window. $29.95
    Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT MVQ*CREDSCORECOMPLETE [protected] CT Link to more information in a new browser window. $29.95

Oct 02, 2010

I had the same exact thing happened but it was doubled! I tried twice from the website to get my credit report to NO AVAIL and then sure enough 2 1.00 charges show up on my account on 9/27/2010. To add insult to injury, the card I was using expired that month and when I activated the new card, they billed me TWICE for 29.95 immediatly on 10/01/2010. According to the agreement I read online, it was SUPPOSED to be 30 days before I got billed. I called my CC company and was able to reverse all but 1 1.00 charge, and I intend to call this company to try to get my 1.00 back but I doubt they will do that. I want to try to call and talk to as high level person as possible so I can rub it in their face that I beat them to the punch and got my money back... LOL! I feel bad for the rest of you here that got screwed, but try calling your CC company maybe you will get lucky like me.

Oct 02, 2010

Call your credit card company and get the charges reversed if possible. If you catch it quickly enough it is probably a plausible story to them and they will reverse it. Also, CANCEL YOUR CURRENT CREDIT CARD! I know its a PAIN but Ive had to do this in the past. I am NOT a stupid person, but maybe I am because I swear ill NEVER EVERY fall for this stuff again, and yet I DID!

A user that entered a comment here called horelicamel is either a [censor] or he works for a company like this. I DID read the fine print, the company CLEARLY stated 1.00 processing fee, 30 days you will be billed 14.95, yet I got TWO charges and I got billed DOUBLE what they said the monthly charge was AND I got it TWICE!! This company is a THIEF plain and simple!

• Br
      Oct 03, 2010

On [protected] I have 2 charges of a $1 and on the 28th 2 charges of 29.95. How I don't know but I would like to know how to get my money back. This was done sans permission. It's not the first time. Anyone please help! Thanks in advance. Brenda W:)