MVQ Clubsave, MVQ Travelmember, MVQ Maintenance Fee / unauthorized fees withdrawn from my bank account

1 Larkspur, CA, United States Review updated:

The last two months on my bank statement charges have appeared which I can't explain. This month, July, they are: MVQ Clubsave $1, MVQ Travelmember $29.95, MVQ Maintenance Fee $1, total $31.95. Last month, the charges were for the same amounts, but the names were AP9 Your Savings Club, AP9 Today's Escape, AP9 Maintenance Fee, total $31.95. Two months total $63.90. <br />
I am writing my very helpful local bank, and have no doubt the charges will be removed. I am writing to help others. <br />
<br />
Sincerely, <br />
Courtney C. Fischer

Comments

Ka
  12th of Aug, 2009

I was scammed by them too. Just wanted to let you know that I found their phone number, got an actual customer service rep, and had the charges refunded completely.

Their number is:
402-661-2000

Bj
  15th of Sep, 2009

I saw a charge on my credit card statement for 09/11/2009 from MVQ Travelmember for $189.95. I contacted my bank who gave me the vendor's telephone number as 1-888-243-6178. I attempted several times to reach someone at that number, but only received a busy signal in return. I have since contacted my credit card charge dispute line and reported this. It's a shame that one cannot transact business on-line without someone out there trying to steal from us. I hope the culprit is slowly skinned alive.

BJW>

Dr
  14th of Oct, 2009

I called the bank and they said that the MVQ got all my information from when I filled out the applicate for Gamefly. They said that Gamefly is not a secure web site to order from and gives your information out. This is how the MVQ got my card information. Fortunately, I was able to have my card deactivated with only $3.00 loss. I would highly suggest letting anyone you know not to do business with Gamefly.

Mt
  10th of Nov, 2009

I was sucked into this too. They promised gift cards if I paid a $1 starting fee. I didn't receive the cards 2 weeks later then I found these complaints about them. I reported my credit card lost and they changed all my info for free. I highly recommend the same to anyone else who falls into this. I'm only out a buck thanks to you guys. I wont be that stupid ever again that's for sure... THANK YOU ALL!

Ma
  19th of Nov, 2009

Thank you so much. We got the account closed. I am thankfull this is the

only step we had to take . Thanks for the information and telephone numbers.

Happy Holidays! Thank you again Ralph and Beverly

Sn
  3rd of Dec, 2009

This company just appeared on my bank statements and they were told by e months ago to return my money and stop taking payments from my account. They continued to do it and I went off on a rep and they are suppose to be refunding me my money back. I had to go through so much in order to contact the company because they do not make their number available or easy to find. Thank God I found this website and came across the number to them. They are a scam company and have very representatives. Stay far away from them because I still do not know how they came across my account and started billing me.

9h
  17th of Dec, 2009

Thank you so much! I Googled this company and this was one of the links. I called the phone number posted by kaingoleta 402-661-2000. They said they would cancell the account. Now all I have to do
is contact the card (which had an old number on it) and make sure nothing else clears on it. I think it is strange that something would clear on an old ATM card that is no longer valid! I was sucked into this also.
Thats what happens when people are very busy. I never recived anything from them in the mail but they did charge thier fee of $1.00. Please be careful because there was other things hooked up to them for other
fees os $1.95 each. Those I cancelled from the number on the statement. They wanted to resend the things and I said NO. By the time it would get to me I would not have time to look it over and they would charge the $24.95 a month. So I said just cancell! Wish I read all the comments. I did not think to ask for a refund till after I got off the phone! Yes! The gift cards in this ecconomy would suck anyone into it. Thats how I got in it.

Thank you everyone!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all!

H.M.W.

Ca
  21st of Dec, 2009

Scammed by them too -- I have no idea how they got my info. I couldn't reach them via the 800 number, but was able to reach them and cancel using the number provided in these comments. I've also disputed the charges with my bank!

Fa
  28th of Jan, 2010

People should definitely post info like the one above so other people don't continue to be the victim. I am helping a customer in the bank and all your information helped me resolve my customer issue in a timely manner. Thanks for all the info and insight guys.

Ta
  1st of Feb, 2010

Thanks for posting everyone. Glad to see im not the only one.This nonsense has to stop. I had 2 charges on my account. one for $49.50 from mvq travelmember and another charge for $29.95 from mvq privacymatters. I called the number posted by kaingoleta also and they canceled my account and are refunding my money back to me within 3-5 business days.so the 402-661-2000 does in fact work and it is a real representative instead of a telepromt. Hope you all let other know and warn them!!! These people are obviously scammers and I hope they find the owner and take him for everything he's worth(which im sure is a lot because of all the scams they have done & will continue doing).

Ju
  28th of Feb, 2010

I agree I don't even have a computer and they managed to scam my account for the Travel membership fee of $189.95. HOW do they do this? My daughter who has a computer is writing this on on behalf of me. I am grateful she found this information on the net so I can refute the charge. I merely got snail mail from this company. I figured if I didn't call them I wouldn't be scammed- surprise! Surpise!!

Sh
  8th of Apr, 2010

Got the same 189.95 scam. They said I ordered in in 06 and had been paying every year.
I sure missed that. Got the 800 number from online credit card statement. Called and a very nice lady said she would refund within two days and gave me a confirm number. Seemed to fast and easy.
If I don't get the refund I'll re-enter and comment. Contacted VISA and they said I have onl had this card since 07. they have no idea how they got my number. good Luck to us all with this kind of crap happening. Shep