Mutual Financial Securities Inc. / fraud

A family member of mine recived a letter and check about a year ago that said here is a check for &4890.00 from enterprise bank . The letter said you have been chosen a a winner of the "shoppers sweepstakes" and you are the winner of $250, 000.00 your claim # is DH/SUL-0011, the letter said to take the check ( which is fake i called the bank) and cash it ater you do that call the phone # and they will giove you a address to mail back half of the check which is supposed to be taxes on the winnings the scam is you give them $2985.00 and you win nothing. Last week my mom recived the same letter i knew it was a scam so I called the phone # and man anwsered the phone"MUTUAL FINANCIAL SECURITIES" he asked for my phone # I said "No you can't have my number I know this is a scam, the man on the other end became very angry and called me a steaming pile of S@%T, B&%!H, and said he was going to hunt me down and gut me like a [censored]G fish. This is awful people like this should be punished people work too hard to have crap like this who can't earn a honest living taking money out of their childrens mouths! PLEASE STOP THIS!

Comments

• Pj
      20th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree with the comment letter that was posted 10-17-08 . I also received the same check and letter on l0-18-08. I looked up Mutual Financial Securities Inc. and found your web site. This was a big help to me in proving what I thought was true! Thank you for your site! These people need to be found! And, also need to be put in prison for what they are doing by playing on other people!! Sincerely, Angry in Florida

• We
      24th of Oct, 2008

I recieved a letter from Mutual Financial Securities, Inc on 10/23/08. I called the number given and asked an Indian man what was this letter about and who was he. He screamed at me and said who are you; I did'nt answer then he hung up. I immediately went online. Thanks for pullinfg the covers off this errroneous company.

Sincerely,
    Well Informed

• Ge
      25th of Oct, 2008

I too received the same letter with the same check. I immediately knew it was a scam. What is a shame are the elderly who can be convenced easily and fall for this type of fraud.

The authorities need to look into who is mailing this garbage and put them behind bars.

• Jb
      30th of Oct, 2008

I just received the same letter "WINNING FINAL NOTIFICATION",
    stating that I won $4890.00 US Dollars.
    I hope that whom ever is sending these "Scams" go to jail for Life!

I too have a friend who fell for this, now he is paying the bank back, the FBI should be able to find these people.

• Gi
      4th of Nov, 2008

Hello,

I just recieved the same letter/check today. I had heard about this last year when I went to the bank they were really checking all checks that were a "not" Normal amount that I usually have. Anyway I remembered that scam and thought it might be the same one.

I agree that we need to do something about this. I am holding on to it and will be turning this into the Police or FBI. I work to hard for my money and I don't need anyone to take it away from me. I hope people look on line before they cash thier check because they will end up giving there well earned money to these creeps.

• Je
      4th of Nov, 2008

This scam is a pretty big one. I received the same kind of letter only in a different name; Secured Financial Award Inc. I have been looking at many different complaints that are just like this and they have many different names but they are all based out of Ontario, Canada, either by the letter itself or the numbers that are given to call. The sad part is that nothing can be done about this because it's out of Canada.

• Ni
      7th of Nov, 2008

My retired Father just got the same letter. Its a pathetic scam. Same story as everyone else's. Same claim number and same phone number question. I called him back after he hung up on me and told him he's a scam artist and that I will be forwarding this on to the local FBI office.

• Va
      15th of Nov, 2008
    Mutual Securities - Online fraud
    Mutual Securities
    mutualsecurities.com

I received a check in the mail for the amount of $4, 890.00 and was told that it was part of $250, 000 that I had won. The first check is to pay the taxes on the winnings but I need to call them before I can cash the check. I am sure that they will want my account information so that they can get money from it and that the check I received is no good. The letter came in a envelope with no return address on it and just a sticker for my address like they would get from some company selling information.

• Je
      24th of Nov, 2008

The new name is Gold Star Securities Inc. I took the check to the bank to check it out. I am waiting for the check to bounce to take it the authorities.
    What a shame people can be this dishonest.

• Ip
      15th of Dec, 2008

I also received a check today in the amount of $ 4, 995.00 from Gold Star Securities INC. I called the number and the woman was very short and irate with me so I went ahead and called the bank to verify that yes it is fraud. I called the number back and of course there was no answer any longer. It is a shame and sad that people out there will actually fall for this.

• Vi
      10th of Feb, 2009

I also received a check, I called the number, The woman wasn't very nice, every time I asked a question she would say am I talking to my self? She said put the check in my bank account and call me back. I am so glad you have this site. It is terrible that we have this going on, I cant imagine how many people they have stolen from. Thanks again