MusicForMembers.com / Money taken from my credit card!

South Africa Review updated:
$19.88 was taken from my credit card. My bank has traced it to "Music for members .com". I do not know this company and have been ripped off! I advise you people beware!

N  22nd of May, 2007 by
They had me to believe that they were limewire.com. They used limewire format.
A  23rd of May, 2007 by
Have given card details for £26.88. Membership confirmation was by return, plus membership number and password details to access download site.
A  3rd of Jun, 2007 by
These guys are scammers... beware they are hijacking limewire!
A  25th of Jun, 2007 by
Paid 67.00 and no website access to contact info. Do i feel stupid!!!
N  30th of Jun, 2007 by

MusicForMembers.com - MusicForMembers.com - total Fraud!

I signed up for lifetime membership to legally download music. The membership was $32. I declined various other software offering and yet my credit card was charged $14.88 extra! I reported this via their email system as soon as I saw the charge, which BTW, I was never asked to confirm. I asked for them to get me the $14.88 back. Little did I know that this was just the tip of the iceberg.

I was asked to download an install program. I ran it and guess what, it was Limewire! If I wanted a p2p software, I could have downloaded limewire for free! I wanted to do things legally, and I fell into the hands of scam artists!

Beware of this company -- it's a total fraud!
A  3rd of Jul, 2007 by
This place is a total rip-off, paid 80.00 dollars and have no web access won't and doesn't produce anything. I suggest that anyone who is out of pocket to goto your financial institution and file an afadavid to get your money back... I-tunes seem to be the only place that is real... it may cost you .99 but at least you get what your paying for...
N  31st of Jul, 2007 by

www.MusicForMembers.com - Fraud and cheating!

This site posed as limewire and then charge my credit card 38.62 US. cannot access the site or contact customer support. A definite fraud!
A  8th of Sep, 2007 by
I signed up w/music for members. and after i downloaded everything i needed to download to be able to access the site to download music, nothing came up when clicking on the icon on my desktop. When i tried to cancel it, thinking i was in my time range to still get my money back, they informed me they could cancel but i was no longer in the trial period so i couldn't get my money back. So i decided to keep it and try again. They sent me an email that would supposedly help me. It still hasn't worked aside from the automatic fees that come along with it.
D  27th of Sep, 2007 by
I cancelled this account the next day after I joined,which was 9-21-07. I understand I would get my refund minus $9.95.That has been a week.Today my bank account shows you took out $67.19 plus $9.95 on 9-27-07 that is long after I cancelled.I have tried to reach you about this but the only response I get is something like it exspired to that affect.I know you keep the$9.95 but with all due respect and honesty please put back my $67.19.
D  12th of Oct, 2007 by
I have had no problem with them what so ever. No money taken out of my account, there customer service people get back to me in 24 hrs and are always helpful. Sorry it didn't work out for you all.. I signed up for the lifetime- one fee tho- did u all do that?
A  5th of Dec, 2007 by
These people are very bad. Follow this link to where your money goes for "360 share" and "musicformembers". The link is http://csinfohome.com/index1.aspx. Follow the money and you find the creeps. These guys need lots of direct hits and complaints.
N  27th of Dec, 2007 by
Cant get to download any music / films. Was charged more than the stated cost.
A  3rd of Jan, 2008 by
Signed up in Sept 2007 and was charged 52.31 on my credit card and now cannot contact them.
D  16th of May, 2009 by
I canelled this account
A  7th of Jul, 2009 by
I am new to downloading music from internet, and heard someone mention limewire, so I went to check them out. I answered a link for a trial at .94 US per month with a 7-day guarantee. Thinking I had nothing to lose, I signed up. Everything else I have ever bought or paid for online, you have had to confirm and/or check the box to "agree to terms and conditions", This company did neither. The next page said that I had been billed almost $70.00 for the 12 months of access fees (23.76), download protection (15.48), pro version for 9.95 (of what I am not sure, maybe limewire) and something called netspy protection. I cannot say whether this site will work, since the fine print says by loggin in I accept the terms and condition. Since I dont, I will wait until I have researched what my legal options are through bank, or visa. Nowhere on the page did it say music for members, anything about other items being purchased, or the montly fees billed as a one time charge. Please be careful when looking at any download site for specific information. If it does not give any, DO NOT BUY!

When I tried to complain about the charge, all I got was an email saying the charge could not be identified as a fruadulent charge. It was not fraudulent on my end, but on theirs. I am told by support, that I can cancel my membership, but the fees are non-refundable. BEWARE THIS COMPANY.
N  18th of Jul, 2009 by
this company also has the website http://unrestrictedownloads.com. Work all the same as http://musicformembers.com
A  3rd of Jan, 2010 by
Their 24/7 customer support is nonexisting, you´re not even given the proper name of the organization, they trick you into subscribing by calling themselves "free" something, but all of a sudden instead of charging about 1 € per month (which I chose) they welcome you and announce they have upgraded you and will roughly charge 55 €. I´m a lawyer, I will not let this happen, I can object to this transaction and then these guys have the burden of proof. Let´s see how well they´re doing in court with no signature from an actual human being... you´re just as difficult to grasp and to sue as these guys are. I sent them an instant email cancelling my subscription, they´re promising to deal with it within 24 hours. I don´t believe a word. But I will have to pay extra attention to my VISA account, which is a hassle in itself. Um, and I threatened them I´d notify the police and the DA. Can´t hurt. I didn´t install the software, I noticed I already had it... Just don´t make the mistake and download anything, that´s a sure sign you were willing to go ahead with this contract.
N  20th of Apr, 2011 by

MusicForMembers.com - Misleading

I paid $32 to sign up for lifetime membership to legally download music at MusicForMembers.com.

After the registration I was asked to download an install their program. Upon running it I discovered that this program is Limewire. They have no mention of this on their website, and I could download limewire for free if I wanted to.

I went to see if they already charged my credit card and saw that they charged me $47 instead of $32 ($15 extra)! I wrote to them requesting my money back but received no reply. I want to cancel my account as soon as possible with this fraud company but don't know how.
N  20th of Apr, 2011 by
man that sucks i would be pissed too