MusicForMembers / Unauthorized amount of money taken from credit card!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I am not used to music sites and thought that because of the copyright laws i would have to pay to download music. i went into limewire, but money has been taken out of my account by music for members. The email i received is from noreply@market bill.com the site it told me to access is

The amount of subscription was supposed to be £19.99, but they have taken £50.52. They even sent the email to confirm the money taken. I feel such a fool. Is there anything i can do?

Advise smb!

Comments

• Lu
      9th of Jun, 2007
    MusicForMembers - I can not get my money or program back!
    France

I started to download with 360sharepro and suddenly "woof". No more program left on my computer. When I finally managed to find back half of my programs I tried to E-mail musicformembers to get 360 sharepro twice, but I can't . It's like this is a ghost company, which actually takes our money and never give it back.

17th of Jun, 2007
    MusicForMembers - Too much money taken from account
    United Kingdom

I am fuming with rage as to why they taken 59 pounds from account instead of 23.76, and then added extras with out my say so.

• Gi
      24th of Jun, 2007

C'est exact! et moi j'ai été volé par 2 fois! comment faire pour se faire rembourser ? -MERCI de me répondre

• Je
      30th of Jun, 2007

I too have been ripped off. I wish I could do something about it!!

• Ai
      20th of Jul, 2007

I too have been ripped off twice as my compute froze when I was attempting to register the first time and only after I had registered the second time did I realize I had been ripped off for nearly £100. What can we do about th is?

• Ge
      22nd of Aug, 2007

Me too - I thought I was registering with the legitimate Limewire service and it wasn't until I received the confirmation e-mail that I realized I had been charged so much!!! Even then, I still thought that this was the legitimate Limewire company but have since found out they are actually con artists. I have contacted my credit card company and filed a report and will also seek legal advice form the Law department where I work. Can't believe I have been so stupid!!! They must not be allowed to get away with this. Their website has been designed to intentionally deceive and I am so angry!

• Mi
      30th of Sep, 2007

I agree with the complaints posted. I hate Limewire and wanted to cancel only after joining not even 1 day and was told I could not get a refund. Limewire does not have a variety of artists and songs I want to downloae.

• He
      10th of Oct, 2007
    MusicForMembers - Rip off!
    United Kingdom

This company took £32 from my credit card on 8th October 2008 and I have not been able to either use my so-called connection to Limewire or log on. I am highly suspicious that this is a scam and will now be informing Trading Standards, in the UK, of my concerns.

Beware!

• Cu
      15th of Nov, 2007

I TRIED TO LOG ON TO LIMEWIRE, BUT WITH NO SUCCESS.MY COMPUTER HAS TOLD IT CANT CONNECT TO LIME WIRE INTERNET SERVICE. I SENT AN EMAIL TO SEE IF CAN GET A REFUND FROM THE CREDIT CARD THAT WAS USE. THERE HAS BEEN NO RESPONSE. THIS SERVICE WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY FRIENDS. MY CREDIT CARD HAS CHARGED MORE THAN I ASK FOR.PLEASE LOOK INTO MY SITUATION.

• Se
      3rd of Dec, 2007
    MusicForMembers - no service
    United Kingdom

Looking for limewire, this site popped up claiming to be limewire and charged me 32.99 then provided no service .Keeps going to a homepage and has no other pages and no music to download!

• Na
      10th of Jan, 2008
    MusicForMembers - Unable to download and a refund!
    MusicForMembers
    United Kingdom

I have had nothing but problems trying to download things and i was under the impression that this company was itunes, but now i am not so sure and now they are saying they will only give me half of the money i paid out.

Beware people!

• We
      16th of Jul, 2008

Hi, we apologize if you have experienced difficulties with your membership. While there were a few glitches in the software, our technicians have been working hard to perfect the software. I am confident that together we can make sure you are happy with your membership.
    If you have any technical issues, please feel free to contact me through email or telephone in and speak with a representative for any issues. To make the process easier for you, please have your 21 digit Order ID, the email address or the telephone number that you put on your account ready so that we can easily find your account and assist you.

Email: websupport@marketbill.com