MusicandFilm / Money taken off credit card, but never received DVD!

United Kingdom Review updated:
This Company seems to have vanished. I have ordered DVDs in the past from them but in May 2007 they took £14.48 from my Credit Card Account. I am still waiting a DVD from them which was on order but only £13.99. Nobody has had the decency to reply to let me know what is going on. I presume they have gone into liquidation but now have a sister company called simply home entertainment which I would be loathe to order from if they treat customers like musicandfilm.co.uk have done. Am I the only one...

Comments

Ha
  8th of Nov, 2007
I've had problems with their sister company Britannia music and film. I've received a debt chasing letter for £17.99 fro a dvd I never ordered. Can I find contact details anywhere? Had one phone number that's now not in use. Really not impressed!
Ca
  9th of Nov, 2007
Closed the account down, they then sent a dvd I hadn't ordered so I returned it and requested refund of p&p they agreed to do this. Kept the proof of postage for sooo long and then I shredded it. Big mistake!!! Got letter from debt chasing company for £16.48 that I didn't owe them and when I rang they advised me to pay it or have further amount of £20 added each time they sent another letter out to me. They said they had had numerous accounts complaining about musicandfilm but as you couldn't reach the company online anymore they couldn't do anything to help me except to advise I made the payment regardless of the fact I didn't owe them anything. What a con, so unjust and I didn't have a leg to stand on without getting a black mark against my credit rating!
Si
  12th of Nov, 2007
Their website seems too good to be true.. and it is! I signed up to their agreement, after purchasing batman begins for £2.99 (well over a year ago).

Today I received a letter stating I owe them money for a dvd I didn't even order, and which i sent back to them.

With their site unreachable, what's the best thing i should do?? Is there a number to contact them??
Ka
  16th of Dec, 2007
I agree 100% - both Britannia and Musicandfilm have been shocking in their service, and to make matters worse, they are claiming their customers owe them money for DVD's they've never received.

I too am trying to resolve a discrepency over an "outstanding" bill, however I can't contact anyone as I can't find any contact details for them - DOES ANYONE HAVE THEIR CONTACT DETAILS??? Urgent please!
Ja
  27th of Dec, 2007
I ORDERED 2 BOXSETS OF ONE TREE HILL TOGETHER, I SENT THE ORDER THOUGH THE POST WITH A CHEQUE. I RECIEVED THE FIRST BOXSET A COUPLE OF MONTHS AFTER THE ORDER, BUT THE SECOND ONE HAS NEVER COME. I HAVE'NT HEARD OFF MUSICANDFILM SINCE I PLACED MY ORDER, AND WHEN I WENT ON THE WEBSITE IT JUST SAID ABOUT THE SISTER WEBSITE. I,VE SINCE TRIED AND FOUND THE WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN BUT ONLY THERE 2 TRY AND GET NEW CUSTOMERS AND NOWHERE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS TO ACCESS THERE ACCOUNTS.
Mp
  23rd of Feb, 2008
APPARENTLY THE COMPANY IS IN LIQUIDATION. THEY APPEAR TO OWE MANY PEOPLE LOTS OF MONEY, FOR ITEMS THEY NEVER RECIEVED. CONTACTING THEM APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN VERY DIFFICULT.
Ma
  1st of Mar, 2008
I used to order dvd's from DD Home Entertainment and they always got the dvd's to me, no later then two weeks from ordering. Then in August 2007, I had a letter from Simply Home Entertainment saying they had bought out DDHE.

Several weeks later I ordered some dvd's, two of which were Christmas presents for family, from Simply and I wish I hadn't.

I posted my order on October 24th 2007 and a month later I had not got any of them so I phoned up and the bloke said 'they will be with you in two weeks'.

A few more weeks went by and I still did not have any, so I phoned up again and the woman said 'I will send them out to you again'. One week later and hey presto one dvd turned up.

I waited another week and by this time it was nearly Christmas and the woman said 'they have all been sent to you' I told her I have only had one dvd and she said ' I will send them out to you again' one week later I recieved two dvd's but not the ones for christmas presents, so I had to go out and buy my two family members something else!

After the new year I phoned up and said the same sort of thing 'I am still waiting for two dvd's and they were meant for christmas presents!' and the woman said 'oh I am sorry to hear that', when she checked my details she told me 'We have recently updated our computers and there is no record of your order. There is a lot of writing against your name and I cant understand it. I will have to get my superviser to phone you later'

A week later I still had not heard anything so I phoned again and the bloke that answered told me 'you will probably recieve them soon' I got quite annoyed after that and told him I had not had such a bad delivery service in all my life and he just grunted and put the phone down.

A week later I sent a letter of complaint addressed to their Customer Services Manager, using one of their freepost envelopes and told them if I did not recieve the last dvd or a refund for it by two weeks I will complain to The Office of Fair Trading. I still have not heard anything, so their time is up.

I thought I would look for any other complaints about them first where their name popped up. They still have £19.99 of mine for the dvd I have not got yet, plus I had to go out and spend about £50 for different christmas presents for my two family members.

Has anybody else had this problem with SIMPLY HOME ENTERTAINMENT. I am certainly not going to order anything else from SIMPLY HOME ENTERTAINMENT.
Ti
  17th of Mar, 2008
They were shockingly bad and I have honestly not been treated like that when I am the CUSTOMER.

Similar situation to a few of the above complaints. Ordered and paid for dvds, but never received them. I then tried to cancel my membership because when I went onto my account on their website, it was obviously clear that I had already fulfilled my contract by buying enough dvds (SOME OF THEM I NEVER RECEIVED!). The customer service bloke said 'NO', I then tried to explained the case but he would not listen and was terribly rude.

After several long and unpleasant conversations, I had to pay further money (for this, I NEVER received the dvds either!). They then cancelled my membership - I hope.

I too received a few debt collection letters and felt very threatened by the whole ordeal, for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Now, I don't care where they have gone or what shape they have shifted into. They are a super bad company and deserve the worst.
Bo
  8th of Apr, 2008
As a french customer l agree all what you've wrote.l wonder if they are still a french company...certainly it's a shame.My last order was in november 2007 and paid...l'm still waiting for it...really poor!!