Music Service Club / False Charges

1 FL, United States Review updated:

After running my annual credit report I noticed that there was a new item in the negative catagory. It was opened on 08/2009 for $136.00 from Music Service Club. I never ordered anything from MSC, I don't even listen to music. I never received a bill from MSC, yet this credit destroying bill appeared on my credit report. I tried calling the listed collection agency (2491 Paxton st. Harrisburg, PA, Phone #[protected]) but never was able to talk to anyone. I have been unable to locate any phone number for this alledged music service club.

Na

Comments

• Bi
      28th of Jan, 2010
    Music Service Club - Someone put an account in my name
    Music Service Club

I have recevied a collection notice stating that I owe $50.54 for some CD. someone has used my name without my permission.

• If
      13th of Apr, 2010

I just checked my credit report online and ran into the same problem. I'm going to file a complaint and harassment law suit. I'm worried because these people have my personal information. Any advice for me please?

• Na
      14th of Apr, 2010

Feel free to add me to your law suit as a victim or witness. You can contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Fr
      15th of Apr, 2010

I have the same problem with music service club. Never got a bill, ended up
    on my credit report as negative. But i did talk to someone at NRA and they were
    rude, they said i had to send a letter in saying that i'm fighting it. they told me
    MSC did have another name DIRECT BRANDS INCORP. But i couldn't find them
    anywhere. I would like to have the email address on that acct. keep in touch at
    [protected]@yahoo.com THX

• Ac
      29th of Apr, 2010

OMG me too just checked my credit report for the first time this year and a account was posted for 29.08 for a CD that was orders in 06 and now it is 2010... No to mention why would i buy a cd ive never heard of when i can DL for free. I am totally PO and want it gone since ive never heard of it and even more PO thinking of my score dropping over 50 points because of it when ive been working so hard to get it up there.. Grrr how do i get it off there?

• Th
      30th of Apr, 2010

I have the same problem on my credit report from Music Service Club. It says date open 08/2009. Date of status 10/2009. Collection as of Apr 2010. The collection ammount is for $31.00

• Hi
      20th of May, 2010

Today I ran annual credit report and found the same thing. Negative item, 27$ past due from Music Service Club since 08/2009. What the hell is this. I didn't even know the name of the company, i never listen to music and i am past due for payment. collection agency is 2491 PAXTON ST, HARRISBURG, PA 17111
    (800) 773-4503

• Jb
      21st of May, 2010

Yep, I have the exact same thing on my report. I have no idea how it could be there, and never ordered any music from anyone. If anyone gets any further information on this, please email me at [protected]@gmail.com

• Tk
      24th of Jul, 2010

YES YES YES...I too have a negative from MUSIC SERVICE CLUB for $31 on my credit report ! I have online disputed it but does anyone know if it comes off successfully ??? This is CRAZY ! WHAT DO I DO ! Advice pls!

27th of Jul, 2010

I just had the same thing happen to me. I disputed it but was shut down. This is crazy that this is going on. I thought I was the only one.

4th of Aug, 2010

I have the same problem. It says it was opened in 8/2009, and they are ruining my credit report. I also online disputed through Experien to no avail. Has anyone had any success?

• Rw
      11th of Aug, 2010

I too have a negitive report and Never even heard of this company.

ADD me

[protected]@rwkhaussupply.com
    thanks

• Si
      21st of Aug, 2010

Wow... I was looking at my credit report today and saw the same thing, I have never recieved a bill from this company, yet their telling me that my account is delinquent and it really affected my credit score. This is rediculous and I am furious.

22nd of Aug, 2010

also see national recovery agency complaints.

22nd of Aug, 2010

feel free to use this letter, I changed a few things around but saw this on another site.

August 18, 2010
    National Recovery Agency
    2491 Paxton St.
    Harrisburg, PA. 17111

Subject: Debt Collection Name:
    Creditor Name: Music Service Club
    Account No:

Dear Account Representative,
    I am writing pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g, to inform you that I dispute the alleged debt associated with account _____ with Music Service Club. I do not believe that I owe the amount alleged by you.
    My credit report was the first time I have heard about this alleged debt. Thus I am requesting that you provide the following information:
    • Please explain the nature of the alleged debt - that is, what the money I allegedly owe is for;
    • Please provide an accounting explaining how you calculated what you allege that I owe;
    • Please provide me with copies of any contracts or documents which form a basis for the alleged debt; and
    • Please provide me with the name and address of the original creditor.
    I further request that you take the following actions:
    1. Please contact any credit agencies to whom you have reported this alleged debt, and inform them that I am disputing the debt; and
    2. Please also forward a copy of this letter to the creditor who alleges that I owe the debt at issue, and inform them that I am disputing the debt.
    Except as specifically outlined herein, I am requesting that you cease all contact with me about the alleged debt. Any further contact should be strictly in conformity with the FDCPA: It should be limited to providing me with the documentation requested in this letter, informing me that you have ceased collection efforts on the alleged debt, or stating that you are taking a specific action in relation to the debt such as commencing a collection lawsuit. Any further contact should be made in writing, and should be submitted to my home address by mail.
    Sincerely,

• Al
      9th of Sep, 2010

The same thing is happening to me! Please help! [protected]@yahoo.com

• Sg
      15th of Sep, 2010

i was trying to buy a house and got a copy of mine and my husbands credit report saying we owed $161 to MSC opened on 06/08 and reported 04/10 neither one of us has ordered anything from them add me on whatever your doing. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Mb
      21st of Sep, 2010

add me as well, [protected]@kctcs.edu Ihave this on my credit report as well and have never ordered or even heard of these people. Thanks

21st of Sep, 2010

I sent my own letter and advise everyone to do the same. Also, call the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General of your state.

• Aj
      23rd of Sep, 2010

im going through the same thing add me [protected]@yahoo.com

• At
      28th of Oct, 2010

Please email me at [protected]@hotmail.com. Same thing happened to me. I discovered last Monday October 18 and as of October 27 after calling the collections agency it has been closed and removed. I faxed the letter above in one of the comments, called them to verify they received it, disputed it on my credit report, called the FTC and wrote to the attorney general of PA. It is wrong that they are able to apply bogus collections to the credit bureau. I almost lost the opportunity to refinance my house bc it dropped my score over 100 points. Luckily they only reported it to experian. I am willing to help anyone in the same situation have it removed.

• Fa
      5th of Nov, 2010

YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! THIS IS INTENTIONAL! IT IS LIKE A PHISHING SCAM.

the fraud is actually being perpetrated by the collection agency. There is no Music Service Club. Be very Careful when dealing with these people. Be very careful when sending in letters for disputes. Do not send in too much information or any personal information. There is a reason that these accounts only appear on Experian. They have more relaxed standrds for placing accounts and verification of debts.

Trust me when I say These accounts are not accidents, they are not mistakes, there is nobody using your name (not this time at least), this Music Service Club and the National Recovery Agency are complicit in these fraudulent accounts. If you dispute the account electronically or throught the credit bureau with no supporting documentation (of course, because there is none) all that will happen is they will wait a few days and electronically verify the debt. That leaves you screwed. Then they extort money out of you to solve your problem. If you write to the collection agency to verify the debt and demand proof that it is you and that the debt is real, you will get a form letter back saying that in order to acknowledge your complaint and to maintain customer satisfaction they returned the acount to the "original creditor". BUT THERE IS NO "ORIGINAL CREDITOR"!!!

NOT TO MENTION THAT IS THE LEAST OF THE PROBLEM WITH THAT! RETURNING THE DEBT TO THE "ORIGINAL CREDITOR" (EVEN IF THERE REALLY IS ONE) ONCE VERIFICATION HAS BEEN REQUESTED, IS A DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE FCRA, SPECIFICALLY SECTION 623 (AMONG OTHERS). ADDITIONALLY, THEY FEDERALLY, LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO COMPLY WITH A VERIFICATION OF DEBT REQUEST, SO WRITING BACK TO SAY OH WELL WE DON'T WANT TO PARTICIPATE, SO IT'S NOT OUR PROBLEM, BUT OH YEAH BY THE WAY, THAT MEANS THEY CAN SEND IT TO ANOTHER COLLECTION AGENCY OR LAW FIRM IF THEY WANT TO AND THEY CLAIM THAT IS OUT OF THEIR CONTROL AND NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.

Then, they may tell you that they requested the item be deleted because it isn't in their office anymore, but it may take 30 days or more and they can't control that either.

Here is what you need to know. ALL LIES! It literally takes the stroke of a button to send a delete request. It should not take more than 48 hours for it to actually be deleted. Yes, if any collection agency at any time returns your account to an "original creditor", it can be resold to another agency or law firm. The difference here is this agency and this Music Club are the ones who are creating these accounts, so if it pops up again with a new name chances are it is still them, but with a different name. That is how this type of fraud works.

I got my account (which showed up on my credit without warning in May 2010) deleted and it will not be back. I can help anyone who wants it. Message me with your e-mail or just message me and I will try to help you. It took a couple of months to sort everything out, but once I figured out what was going on, it only took a week to getit deleted. In case you are wondering, yes I have been in touch with National Recovery, but only by mail. DO NOT EVER CALL THESE PEOPLE & DO NOT EVER LET THEM CALL YOU!!! I have also been in touch with law enforcement. Just out of curiosity, does anyone here have any ties to the military or to law enforcement? I am still trying to figure out how they are choosing their victims.

I hope this helps someone.

• Wa
      17th of Nov, 2010

same crap happening to me too, add me to the list of people trying to fight it. [protected]@hotmail.com

• As
      24th of Nov, 2010

Yes, exact company on my credit report stating I owe $27 to Music Service Club as of 7/10 and 8/10. We are trying to buy our first house and this is a real road bump. I was prepared to send a letter to National Recovery, but will try your suggestion first. Please add me to the list asw.[protected]@gmail.cm.

• Mz
      3rd of Dec, 2010

The same thing is happening to me. My credit report shows me owing $36.00. I never ordered any music from any company and never received any notice of owing them. Add me to the list also. [protected]@gmail.com

• Re
      14th of Dec, 2010

Please add me as well. Just saw mine with the same open date as everyone 8/2009. I have no idea what this is. I notified Experien and had them do a check and they responded saying it was a valid entry. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com.

• Os
      21st of Dec, 2010

I checked my credit report and i found out I own some money to music service club from 2009 and it was reported to credit bureau on 09/04/2010. I have been using mp3rocket to download some music from internet. how iam suppost to by something from them if i am using mp3 to get my music. It just does not make sense. They claimed that I onwed them $78.00. I am trying to clean my credit, could you please help me? Any information receiver will be apreciated it. Email me to [protected]@hotmail.com Thanks

• Bi
      23rd of Dec, 2010

I too checked my credit report a few weeks ago and there it was. I have purchased no music on-line and when disputed the charge was told by Experian that they had checked and the bill remains on my credit.

• Ne
      15th of Jan, 2011

I am in the process of buying a home and this National Recovery for $61 is holding up the deal. I am soo lost on what to do. please help [protected]@gmail.com

• Re
      9th of Sep, 2011
    Music Service Club - Being charged for an account that I did not open
    Music Service Club

This account was open and I was charge $49.00 from a address that I have not lived at for 4 years and in my maiden name that I have not used for 10 years. This charge was place on my credit report and made my credit score go down 70 points. this company would not remove it unless I paid it, and here I sit.