Murray's New and Used Tire Bargains / Ripped Off In Time Of Need!!!

1 1202 South Saunders StreetRaleigh, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: (919)821-0573

I made an appointment online to buy 4 or 5 used tires from Murray's. They advertise this:
12-15 Inch Used Tires
Price: $27.22
12inch, 13inch, 14inch, & 15inch Used Tires. 1 for 27.22 & 4 for $100.86
I got a confirmation email that the appointment was set and the tires would be put on my vehicle. No where did they say to call for availability, so I did not.
Upon arrival, I was asked how I could be helped. I found this odd because in the confirmation email I was told the shop would be expecting me. I explained that I was in desperate need of at least 2 tires, but thought I would go ahead and get all 4 because of the advertisment. My 2 rear tires were bald and 1 was showing the metal threads. I was told they did not have the tires I needed, used, but had them new. I had no choice, I had to have tires, the ones that I had were dangerous!! I was duped into buying 2 Brand new tires for $160 plus the mount and balance fee!! I could have gotten 4 of their advertised quality used tires plus 1 for the spare, for a litte over $200!! The final bill came to $181. I was not the only one, either! At least 4 other customers, all needing tires of various sizes and wanting to take advantage of this deal, were told the same thing! I would suggest that anyone who is interested in Murray's, look elsewhere or call to make sure they have what you need, because they will not tell you otherwise!! DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF!!

St

Comments

• St
      5th of Aug, 2008

I have contacted The BBB. This place is located in Raleigh, NC.

• Tp
      30th of Dec, 2008

I noticed the review for Murray's Tire and wanted to share my opinion. I have been a loyal customer of Murray's for over 5 years and they would never cheat or rip anyone off. They are a family owned business and all of the people who work there treat customers with respect and courtesy. Because of these things Murray's probably did have a busy week and did not have the desired tires in stock at this particular moment in time. Hey that happens...You are buying USED TIRES at an extremely discount price and NO WHERE on the website does it say "All tires are guaranteed to be in stock". I am sure No One held a gun to Steve's head and said "HEY you have to buy these NEW tires!" No one forces you to buy tires at any time in your life. This is America! We are all free to make our own purchasing decisions and Steve had the right to make that decision just like everyone else. However it was Steve's decision to drive around on bald tires with the metal showing (see above for details) and that is not so smart. Steve put himself in that position.
    To sum up... I think Steve just wanted to express his frustrations but the review is in no way a fair or valuable assessment of Murray's Tire.

• Oz
      29th of Apr, 2009

All that I am going to say is that buying used tires is a mistake no matter who you buy them from. You have no way of knowing how used they are or what condition they are in, and for all you know, they could have damage from previous use / user that can cause an accident and injure you or your passengers. ALWAYS BUY NEW TIRES, and if you cannot afford all 4 at once, replace the rear 2 tires and then the front 2. Enough said.