Munroe Plumbing and Heating / Very poor workmanship

1 Chesterville, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I strongly recommend you do not employ this company to do any work in your home or business. They are employed by a house builder who built my home and I have experienced 3 major problems as a result of this plumber's work and it has cost me over $26, 000 to fix them and one has not been completely fixed yet. The owner has been approached to make restitution but because he has no personal integrity and lacks basic honesty, he won't admit to his mistakes and he has refused to accept any responsibility for his work. Based on my own experiences I wouldn't let him fix my garden house or light a candle.

Wi

More Munroe Plumbing and Heating Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Naturally I disagree, I am an owner of the company. It is not fair for someone to lodge a complaint on this site, which I basically think is a scam sight, without totally acknowledging to the public what was "supposed'' to have gone wrong. And, I'm not sure if he doesn't want his garden house or garden hose fixed? I don't think he is sure. The whole problem here is who is this person and if things are so wrong why does he not publish his name? Spending $26, 000 to fix a plumbing problem seems a bit much. The plumbing must have all fallen down or someone ripped it out or something. It hardly costs that to do plumbing and heating in a whole house. Something the matter with the picture.

• Li
      3rd of Sep, 2008

The more I think about this - this is not even us. Our company name is Garry Munro Plumbing and Heating Limited, Box 444, Chesterville, ON, Canada. Maybe the people should get the name right if there is something really wrong?

• Un
      26th of Mar, 2009

I have to agree with the original complaint. We have recently built a new home as well and our contractor sub-contracted the heating and plumbing to this company (and yes, it is Garry Monro Plumbing and Heating Limited). Not only where they the only sub-contractor that had to come back to fix poor installation, they did not clean up after themselves and left us with quite a mess to clean.

Additionally, Linda Munro in particular was extremely rude when contacted to rectify their mistakes. They are very difficult to get a hold of when there is an issue and attempt everything to get out of having to do any additional work.

I would never recommend, nor would I ever use this company ever ever again

• Si
      12th of Oct, 2009

2 bad apples in 20+ years of business? They must be doing something right, bad companies like described above just don't make it.

• Ve
      18th of Apr, 2012

27 years in business and only 2 complaints, always a couple bad apples on a beautiful tree/must be doing something right. Just wish all the thank you cards and letters over the years could be posted on this site!