Mundo Corp. / refusal to refund for an order that was not filled

Mundo Corp.
955 Pine Drive
Phone: 865-940-5040
This company sells parts online for laptop computers, and also repairs laptops. I tried to place an order by phone using a bank ATM checking account card. The person taking the order said the bank declined the payment because the billing address did not match the billing address for the account, or some such.

But it turned out the bank did process the transaction; the transaction does show up on my checking account. I phoned the company and was told that that was impossible, and that if this really happened, I should contact my bank. So I did—and was assured that, yes, the transaction really was showing up on my account. I was told that I should set up a three-way phone conversation with the bank, someone from Mundo Corp., and me.

When I called Mundo, I was nastily told that they do not “do” three-way phone conversations. I also was nastily told I had to speak with their accounting department—which does not answer its phone. (The “returns” department doesn’t, either, by the way.) I left several voicemail messages, which of course were not returned.) When I called their sales department back and said their accounting department does not answer their phone and had not returned my two voicemail messages, I was told to wait 24 hours for a return call. I asked to be transferred immediately to someone in the accounting department who would answer the phone. I was transferred.

The person in accounting was even nastier than the sales person. She refused to participate in a three-way call with my bank, claiming “privacy concerns.” I called my bank back and was told that the charge might disappear from my account by the next day if the transaction really did not go through. The next day—today—when the charge was still there, I called Mundo back. I had to call the repairs department simply to be able to reach anyone. I asked to speak with a manager of the company, and was transferred to the same person in accounting that I had spoken with the day before. This time, she didn’t dispute that the transaction was showing up in my checking account, but nastily said it would disappear eventually, when no payment was made to the company.

She then threatened to report me to the FTC—the FTC???—for harassment (!!!) if I called again, and hung up on me.

At some point during this two-day sequence of events, someone from the company told me to fax a letter to them. I tried. The fax machine was not tuned on; there was no answer. I tried again today. Same result.

D  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
idiot -- learn how your credit card works before complaining -- READ your credit card agreement !!!
D  18th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
yeah -- stupid cow -- if your card declines on the web -- YOUR bank holds the funds -- get a grip !!
A  7th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I've had the same type of problem with Mundo. I received a battery that would not work in my computer and they are refusing to do anything about it. I can't even get them to issue and RMA to get it exchanged. Don't deal with this company unless you are a glutton for punishment.
A  20th of Jul, 2010 by
Funny -- ordered $20K+ from this company -- no problems at all
A  27th of Jan, 2011 by
This company also refuses to answer my requests for a return, the woman actually hangs up on you and then leaves the phone off the hook. I would recommend you be extremely careful when dealing with them.
D  1st of Feb, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have a repair shop here in Texas and have been dealing with Mundo for 5 yrs now. I have never had any of these problems. They are a great proffesional comapany. I will say though, that I had a problem with my Bank holding a charge that did not go through. Turns out that i did not have the Address i was shipping to on my Credit card, it was a client's residence. I had to work it out with my Bank. It was a bit frustrating but i straightend it out.
N  3rd of Feb, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Work with this company all the time. On time shipping great price and always there for us when we need something special. NEVER have we ran into a problem NOR do we believe the above neg comments.
A  14th of Apr, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I'm currently disputing a ridiculous shipping charge with Mundo - I paid for UPS and they sent it via USPS. This was not that big of a deal to me, and wouldn't have become one if I had not been treated so terribly by the 'customer service' agent (who refused to give me her name). I did the easiest and most time efficient thing and simply disputed the shipping portion of my charge.

I've noticed that all of the complaints seem very similar - lack of customer service. All of the positive reviews I've seen supposedly come from B2B customers. My guess is that they hate dealing with retail and discourage it by treating them like crap OR that the positive comments are fabricated by Mundo employees doing google searches and trolling complaint boards. I find it very curious that customers who supposedly like Mundo are so quick to make them look even better and try so hard in their comments to negate other's poor reviews.
A  18th of May, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes Mundo Corp lacks customer service therefore you must have all your information correct ie. billing address, part numbers, shipping address must be the same as billing address etc. because if you do run into problems in these areas, then you will experience the negative side of MundoCorp which is customer service. They are not willing to find a solution to your problem.

My experience: I provided 2 separate addresses, a billing address and a shipping address, but they still sent the package to the billing address. Called the company to find a solution and they simply said 'bye' and hung up on me.

So simply i just won't do business with a company that is not customer centric. I was testing them out with small orders now they just won't get my big orders.
A  9th of Sep, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It is sad to say their attitude toward customer concern is to just hang up the phone. Very poor customer service when an issue arises.
N  22nd of Sep, 2011 by
Avoid this company like the plague!!! They will avoid you should you need, well, anything in the form of customer service.

I start to return a power adapter that a sales rep told me should work, but that I should order it online.

I order online, the part numbers given to me over the phone. Everything worked great except the power adapter wasn't the correct Watts/Volts (underpowered)

This cost a 99.00 diagnostic fee at a local repair shop. I then attempt this return...

They go out of their way to make it difficult for the customer.
Step 1 Do not answer returns phone line, refer them to the returns department, and have an automated recording direct them back to the website for further obstruction.
Case in point "I need to return a power adapter"
"Ok great, let me transfer you, I am only in sales, I am not trained in how to handle a return..."

"So you have never had to return an order to a department store as a consumer yourself? Do you need to go to special schooling to perform the function of accepting a return?"
"But siiir, you need to talk to returns"
"Ma'am, I know you are going to transfer me to a message that is going to direct me to your website. My computer does not work at the moment, can I please talk to a person to facilitate this return, I would like to order the correct adapter, and need to return this one"
"Siiiiir, you need to try ---"
"I should say the same about you"

Step two. If customer persists, send an email, and reject the email, make them go to a fax machine- They probably only have a cell phone, this should reduce the amount of returns... If they should scan and attach the return form, tell them it is wrong. This will frustrate your customer even further. DO NOT ADMIT FAULT!! MUNDO CORP IS NOT TO BLAME, as if set forth in our policy, (they will not have any reason to read this document until step 3)

Step 3, semantics argument

Sample of form (after rewording it to reflect the email which spelled out the order in it's entirety) as follows:
Product GAAC-NX860-0014
Is the product defective? NO
Detailed Description of Problem (Please be as specific as possible)
Wrong power adapter was ordered by mistake.

Is product phsyically damaged ? 0
Was there damage to the package ? (If so, please retain package) 0
Has a 3rd party installed or tested product ? 1
If Yes answers, please provide details :

Professional Repair Center, Determinied The Power Adapter Was Underpowering The Laptop

I agree with the terms and charges of service as stated above. I authorize Mundo Corp to charge my credit card for the testing fee and return shipping costs if the product tests fully functional.
Please check www.mundocorp.com/warranty.html for complete details.

Customer Signature: E-SIGNED

Step 4, loop back to step 2. Any other customers requiring service shall be transferred to the phone tree loop until they initiate an email, creating a never ending cycle that will make your customer wonder if they were really right in the first place, and this is the desired outcome, the customer will arrive to the conclusion that they were wrong, and eat the cost of the item. This will save us two fold.