MultiChoice Africa / DSTV / unauthorised debit orders

Johannesburg, South Africa

On 31 March 2017 I paid full subscription fees for two packages for the year. Meaning I would only need to be charged again for subscription in March 2018.
On 25 April 2017, my account was debited for subscription fees for which I was refunded for within 1.5 weeks.
On 25 May 2017, I was debited again for subscription fees. I called the customer care line on the same day and asked for a refund. I was told I would receive it within 5-10 working days. After not receiving the refund within the 10 working days, I called the customer care line again and was told that the previous agent did not ask for a refund authorisation however it had been actioned and I would expect my refund within the next 3 working days.
After not receiving the refund within the 3 working days I called the customer care line again. I was again told that the authorisation was not done for the refund and I had to wait another 10 working days! I asked to speak to the Manager who went on to tell me he could not promise when my refund would be paid but that he would call me back by 5pm to give me an answer of when I would get my refund. This Manager is Nkosinathi and he did not call me back. What happened to treating customers fairly? I should actually be paid interest on the funds that was taken from my account as I had to wait 3 weeks to get it! It was paid to me 2days after my third call to customer care.
Today being 22 June 2017, I received a SMS from DSTV informing me that my account will be debited R2748.66 on 25 June. I would really love for someone with competence from DSTV or Multichoice to explain to me why i have to pay subscription renewal fees when I already paid my fees for the year!!!

Should my account be debited on 25 June 2017 with this subscription fee, I will cancel my subscription and I want my R17k back that I paid for the year.
I will also escalate this to PASA and the SARB for debit order abuse.

Se