MultiChoice Africa / DSTVerror code e48-32

I have DSTV premium with two extra views and since Wednesday the 12 September I have been having problems with our signals. On Wednesday night I call the call centre and held on for 15min on my cell phone before I was told that it was a National problem and that they were still working on it and could not give me a time frame. I then left it until Friday afternoon when I then called the call centre again on my cell phone and was told to reset the decoders to factory default which I did do and it seemed to work (once again 17 min on my cell phone). About 10min later I noticed that quite a few channels were not working but decided to leave it and see if it would not come right on it own. Saturday afternoon my main PVR decoders went off with same error and I reset it to factory default but kept on losing signal so had to restart the whole process all over again... an hour later I called the centre as nothing was working... this time I was told to change the frequencies which did not work and then was told that a technician would contact me within 30min to assist me... I waited for an hour and a half and no call so I went to bed.in the morning I called the centre again only to be told that I should have switched off all other decoders while resetting. So off I went and reset all the decoders individually and they worked. But to my disappointment an hour and a half later they started to give me the same problems again... some channels working and a lot of channels that are not working... my husband missed his motor racing and I could not watch Carte Blanche... so now I will not be wasting any more airtime ….. DSTV must send out a technician at their expense to come and fix up our signal as we have had not problems for the last year until Wednesday... I would also like to know what is DSTV going to compensate me for all the airtime that I have spent in the last few days... they can contact me on [protected]

Mi
Sep 17, 2018

Comments

• Di
      Sep 18, 2018

Totally agree. They must compensate the cost. Also the R450 we had to spend to get a technician to come sort it out after a week of no go from DSTV themselves. Its as if they just dont care.

• He
      Sep 21, 2018

I agree fully with above, my extra view is still not working and no avail phoning the call center as they can't help. Extra view is all my mom of 83 has so when will this "national problem " ever be rectified? For close to a R1 000 Multi choice runs a monopoly in South Africa with no competition so do they actually care?????

• Dk
      Oct 10, 2018

Good evening, my mom has s similar problem and we called DSTV call centers on multiple occasions only to be sent from pillar to post. We logged our issue with them on the 18th of September 2018 and 16 calls to date with no follow ups. My mom has a full bouquet and at the time we called there were a few channels that were playing. A consultant took my nephew through the decoder reset and that's where the problem begun. From having a few channels playing to a total black out with no channels playing at all. My 82 year old mother sitting there with nothing to watch but DSTV had the audacity to take a full subscription month end of September.I then called on Monday, 8th October 2018 and I spoke to a lady who said that the technician will be sent out within an hour...stupid me, how trusting I was. When I spoke to the Consultant it was 10:25 am and i called my mom and my nephew around 14H00 to check if the technician has called, nope, I must have been smoking socks.

I called again on Tuesday( 9th October) and the gentleman who assisted me told me that the issue was not escalated and there was no technician who was assigned. Unfortunately, they called my mom today and told her that the problem is her decoder and that she should get a technician to come fix the issues, this after having taking the decoder to the DSTV offices in Maponya Mall and Randburg where we got confirmation that it was not the decoder.
    I'm beyond angry right now as now my mom is sitting still without TV and funny thing is DSTV will be getting their full R900 come month end.
    We need HELP as I am at my wit's end.

Moipone Bokaba