MultiChoice Africa / DSTV / dstv billing system

Pretoria, South Africa

Good day Sir/Madam,

I would like to lodge a complaint about the poor service and the predicament DSTV put me in. On the 12th August 2017 I received an sms that reads “Your subscription is up for renewal. To continue your entertainment for another year, we’ll collect R 3835.83 from your account on 15/08. Happy viewing!”

Then, on Monday I called DSTV to object their collection order, since the amount to be collected was never discussed with me. The reasons I objected their imposed R 3835.83 was that I had other installments to run, but this money taken by them affected my bank. I missed on paying my bakkie with MFC because of DSTV, and now I have an additional month to finish the installment.

Now, I have a problem with other additional charges incurred due to unavailable of funds, because of the company’s negligence. I have a proof of what I have experienced and am still struggling to restore myself. Now, your company wants me to pay for R747.50, I cannot make any further payment on my viewing, unless DSTV come up with a plan how to restore the records of my accounts.

Recourse: I want DSTV to take full responsibility of what I am going through, because even though I have managed to reversed the money but I am suffering from the mistakes.

DSTV HAS INTERCEPPTED MY LIFESTYLE OF LIVING NOW. THEY MUST ATTEND TO THIS MATTER, I HAVE COMMUNICATED THIS BEFORE WITH ANOTHER CONSULTANT AND PROMISED ME TO RECEIVE A CALL FROM MANAGEMENT THAT THEY MAY FIND A WAY TO HELP IN THIS REGARD, BUT TO NO AVAIL.

I hope hearing positive feedback from DSTV management.

Unhappy customer,