MultiChoice / account

1 South Africa Review updated:

Multichoice Pretoria. For 4 months I'd tried to sort you a mishap on my dstv account, but nobody could sort this problem out. So today 06/12/10 I told Patiswa to take my subscription money that I paid for my December subscription and clear the previous R581. Also to leave my service disconnected, till I can find a proper person to help me with this account. I need some closure in connection with this. I cannot pay for a stupid fault that Multichoice staff maid and not tell the customer what is what. I complaint at HeloPeter and at getclosure, but nothing happened yet. It is people like that who will make a person give up.

El

Comments

• Gr
      23rd of Aug, 2010
    multichoice - the request was ignored
    multichoice.co.za

I suspended one of my DSTV accounts on the DSTV customer care web site. The suspension was effected promptly. I need to activate the service for a few days again, and did so on the same website. The request was however ignored. In addition, the site clearly states 'View the status of your requests...' Where do you view the status of requests, as the link only provides options to forms? I spend the best part of 15 minutes holding on the phone to get the service reconnected, and then the operator just put the phone down... Sort out your 'Customer Care' site - it is dysfunctional.

• Ei
      23rd of Aug, 2010
    multichoice - I want to make my own bouquet
    multichoice.co.za

I find it very annoying that the only worthwhile package you can get from DSTV is the premium package, which is R499 per month! Why can't they charge you per channel, and let you make up your own bouquet? I will not support them until they let us choose what we want to watch. I do not want to watch Africa Magic, Africa Magic+, Vuzu or Soweto TV! I hate sport, so why would I want to pay for a grand total of TWELVE sports channels?? I do not have children so why would I want KooWee or Cbeebies? I do not like hiphop or RnB, so why would I want Channel O or Mtv Base? I am neither Christian nor Islam, so why would I want One Gospel, TBN, Rhema TV, or Islam TV? You are ripping people off by forcing them to pay exorbitant prices for programmes that they do not ever want to watch. I'm so disgusted.

• Lo
      26th of Aug, 2010
    multichoice - there are no phone numbers or email addresses on the site to contact them
    multichoice.co.za

I recently noticed that i have been billed twice for the subscriptions to [Hidden Web Address] I have then repeatedly tried to contact them regarding this problem but they only have a link to a page on thier website. The emails keep failing to be delivered. There are no phone numbers or email addresses on the site to contact them. In otherwords, there is absolutely no way to cancel my subscription. This is completely unacceptable. I read a similar report on this website and the response from multichoice was to click on the contact us link. THEY DON'T WORK!!! These people are completely useless!!! Please cancel my subscriptionS immediately. I want a full refund for one of the subscriptions as well!!

• El
      5th of Sep, 2010
    multichoice - my hddualviewxtraview has been a disaster from day
    multichoice.co.za

My HDDualviewXtraview has been a disaster from day 1 and it is obvious that MC have just plied faulty decoders on their customers. My HD channel works most of the time but the other 2 TV's disconnect repeatedly and stay off every day for hours. The SD TV1 message is 'looking for primary decoder' while TV2' message is TV disabled - contact the nearest call centre (that's a real joke!). I have had MC technicians and engineers come to my place a few months ago to check out the setup but they say all connections are OK. Then they walked away from the problem and I have been complaining by telephone, email, DSTV forum, Fieldtrials and the MC Head Office for the last 6 months - but they simply ignore me as if the problem is not theirs!

I have paid annually in advance for the HDDualXtraview setup to receive 3 different channels but only effectively receive 1 channel. I have therefore asked for a refund of 23 of these fees to be rebated butthis also falls on deaf ears. This is also a breach of contract deaf ears. I cannot wait for competition to come in so that I can say good riddance to this arrogant, selfserving firm that could not give a hoot about their customers but I want my mon.

• Li
      20th of Sep, 2010
    multichoice - multichoice absurd service
    multichoice.co.za

My DSTV contract is via Vodacom. On 27 Sep 09 Multichoice advertised boxing on channel 247 from 03H00 till 07H00, the Klitschko heavyweight bout was also to be screened. Got up at 03H00 that morning and waited for the fight. At 06H00 at the end of the 10th round (not the end of the fight) the transmission was suddenly ended an hour early. Called Multichoice to enquire. Consultant told me: 'Eish, you are not supposed to have channel 247, its 'only for African countries' (I assume South Africa is not an african country?!), but both their website and Vodacom's specify it as included and I've had it for about 3 years now. She then tried to blame Vodacom till I told her the latter does not handle DSTV transmissions. Consultant then lodged a 'complaint' and requested my number with the firm promise to call me after their 'investigation'. As is now common in this country, I never heard from Multichoice again. Absolutely useless and unprofessional. Maybe they must only transmit soccer and nothing else because then there won't be any problems.

• Yi
      5th of Oct, 2010
    multichoice - my account is suspended due to their incompetent staff
    multichoice.co.za

I upgraded my subsciption with multichoice and after i repeadtedly asked the consultant about hidden cost, he said my account is up to date and that i will only be paying my normal monthly subs.To my suprise my account is suspended due to their incompetent staff who dont understand their product.I was told by a Michelle that i needed to pay R1600 to have my account opened.I refuse to pay this money as i was upgraded under false pretense. Im caught between a rock and a hard place as there is no competion to them as i can assure you that i would be the 1st to move.

Hopfully someone competant will get this query and resolve as im without my service.

• Ji
      1st of Dec, 2010
    multichoice - suspending service with debit order in place
    Multichoice

I have phoned to reconnect my service on 16 October 2017, with a new smart card and decoder. I have spoken to Sayman Ngewna and Sithaba on this day. I always had a debit order on my cheque account. This information was confirmed and the debit order reinstated. The first amount to go off on 25 November 2017, October, November and December subscription. Today my service is suspended for non payment. I phoned the contact centre and voilla, no account details, no debit order!!! Funny that it was active for more than 10 years and all of a sudden no details are on the system. I spoke to Innocent(supervisor) who logged a complaint, and in the mean time I have to wait for the complaints department to call me back. Absolutely disgusting service!!! How is it possible that i received confirmation of the payment to be debited from my cheque account and all of a sudden everything is gone? Multichoice - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!

• Ke
      11th of Jan, 2011
    multichoice - multichoice refuse to reply
    Multichoice

I have had various issues with Multichoice ranging from poor service in respect of billing, to refusal to contact me, to blatant rudeness to a general refusal to recognize that I want to clear up issues. I wrote a letter to Multichoice and submitted it on three of their contact us addresses. I received a reply a few days later.

The reply blamed me for Multichoice's their failures. Things like 'Our records show that two different Supervisors tried unsuccessfully to contact you. Promise tried on both your cell and home number on the 28th of January. Then Harriet also tried on the 7th of February'. While this may be true no messages were left for me with numbers to contact people back. Then when I had a problem with a counter staff 'With regards to the incident at the branch we advise that you should have taken the matter up with the relevant Supervisor at that point as we have no way of determining who the person was in question is so we can take necessary steps to discipline the person'.

Maybe after this note I will get contacted by Multichoice. Maybe someone with authority will take responsibility not a call centre clerk or supervisor.

• Mr
      29th of Mar, 2011
    multichoice - billing
    multichoice
    South Africa

I used to subscribe to the South Indian bouquet on multichoice till the end of December 2017. On the 16 of December I included the premium bouquet to my subscription and instructed the operator to disconnect me on the 31st of December 2017. My services were disconnected as requested on the 31 0f December 2017 but the debit order was not stopped. On the 9 of march 2017 I spoke to a Johnathan (ref no 73643648) who told me that an amount of R670. will be deposited into my bank account in 10 days time. He also informed me that if I requested for a stop payment 3 days before the megatape run then the debit order would have been stopped. I requested termination on the 16 of December - this gives many a three days to stop my payment on the megatape (WHAT I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IS WHY DID THEY WAIT FOR ME TO PHONE FOR MY MONEY. MISTAKES DO HAPPEN AND COULD HAVE BEEN RECTIFIED LONG BEFORE I PHONED WITH MY QUERY). On the 28 of March I checked my bank account and found that the money from multichoice was not deposited. I phoned and spoke to Palesa(ref no 74509238) She informed me that the journal entry from Johanathan was still pending. She however sorted the journal and assured me that payment will be made. I insisted that my money be in my account by 13H00 on 29 March 2017 and proof of payment be mailed to my email account - failing which the matter will be taken to the national press. At about 16H00 a gentleman from multichoice phoned me and I told him that I want proof of payment by 13H00 the next day (29 March 2017).

On the 29 of March 2017 a recon statement of my account with multichoice was mailed to me at 12H30 but no proof of payment. When I phoned at 16h45 I spoke to a Vincent Saebe (ref no. 74594233) who told me that the person who took the original instruction on the 16 of December did not complete the job properly therefpre the debit order went through

In my opinion the money was fraudulantly taken from my account and sad to say Multichoice has a bunch of incompetnent people working for them and it is because of their inability to perform their duties properly we the subscribers suffer

INCIDENTLY THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME. I HAVE BEEN A VICTEM TWICE.

THANKS

MR G.M. GOUNDEN

7th of Apr, 2011

my dstv on right corner the is a sign of envelope i don't know what is ging on but i pay on wednesday the 30 march 2017, and also a orange sign flushed. my account is 84444160, my name miss Lusanda Louisa Magoda, stay at: B268 Simphiwe Street, KHAYELITSHA, 778, 083 515620

same as above

7th of Apr, 2011

orange sign on compact and envelope sign on right

• Co
      9th of Jun, 2011
    multichoice - holiday card
    South Africa

last year, ihave connected my holiday card and cancel it after a week, multichoice havent stop my holiday card and after a few extra payments i phoned them for about the 10th. time and they promise to refund me and they havent.febr.2017 i reconnect my holiday card for the cricket world cup and are still paying it from march a double premium.up to now... account name :C.J VERMAAK ID.NO.6305165008084 P.OBOX.700 WITBANK. could you assist me to stop them for the extra premiun on my holiday card and to get my refund please2

• Mf
      30th of Dec, 2011
    multichoice - failure to render nessary services and assistance
    DStv
    South Africa

Multi-choice has caused to be to incurred costs when they failed to address the issue of the pvr hd decoder which was failing to record. I have been to their offices two times without getting the necessary assistance. I have sent number of e-mails and I have phoned their call centres more than three times without getting the necessary assistance. As i write this complain I am without dstv despite that I have paid my subscription. This is happening despite that I from Umhlanga branch. Phillip Dlamini

28th of Jan, 2014
    multichoice - suspension
    J du Toit (Badenhorst)
    Plokwane
    South Africa

I paid my DSTV subscription today. Only to find that I still got suspended for "late payment". This is unacceptable because in September last year my debit order did not go off on my bank account. My service was never suspended then. I had to make arrangements to pay that other instalment. Even then they did not suspend my service. This month I paid my subscription on the 28th of January 2017 and I got suspended, because I paid my subscription fee two days later than the 25th (which I said I will pay each month). My problem is the suspension after two days and no suspension after a whole month. Its now nearly 3 hours later, I have send proof of payment to payments dept and enquiries dept. Nothing yet. I have phoned customer care and asked to speak to the supervisor. I was placed on hold for ever, then when I phoned again, an automated recording about my account issue is playing. Now... If I can not speak to the call centre, who must I speak to? As far as I can understand, multichoice wants me to complete a debit order form, which I wont do, because due to my previous bank not deducting my debit orders. Now I have to pay a reconnection fee. For what? They are inconsistent in what they do and what they expect me (as a customer) must do. Still no reconnection done after proof of payment was sent to almost every possible department in multichoice that may work with this issues. I am very disappointed. There is no customer service to rate actually

• De
      5th of May, 2015
    multichoice - no delivery
    South Africa

I applied for a DSTV explora during December 2017. In order to receive the deal offered, i was forced to sign a monthly debit order, which I hate doing as I have no recourse to poor service or non-delivery, while payment goes off regardless. Needless to say several emails, at least 10 calls to the call centre with many promises, 4months and two weeks later, I still do not have the Explora. I .. ..and i am on debit order.!!! I have now exhausted tolerance levels.

It appears to me that mutlti-choice has no regard for customers, other than ensuring they receive a monthly premium. "Customer service" does not exist because they are lavishing with too many?

27th of Jul, 2015

i applied for a DSTV explora during 16 June 2017. in order to receive the package offered on the EXPLORA, i was told to qualified you must have to sign a debit order, i made several's phone calls to the call centre and every time they said SORRY SIR FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, I will get a superior to call you what i still waiting for. I still do not have a Explora and i am on debit order. IT APPEARS TO ME THAT MULTI-CHOICE HAS NO REGARD FOR CUSTOMERS, OTHER THAN ENSURING THEY RECEIVE A MONTHLY PREMIUM.

• Si
      18th of Sep, 2015
    multichoice - unagreed charge
    Johannesburg
    multichoice.co.za

I have a cut off date of the 25th for my account. Multichoice kept the connection running after this cut off date without me agreeing to it and now they are telling me I owe R400 for keeping the service running. I never had that agreement with them. My agreement with them is if I haven't paid by the 25th they will cut my service that's it. Now they have listed me on the itc for something they did on their own discretion which is affecting my credit rating. To add to that the listing is not even for the R400 but it's R1300. Why are they doing this????

• Re
      5th of Oct, 2015
    multichoice - customer care/ finance
    Randburg
    multichoice.co.za

Made payment to Multichoice 25 august 2017. I realized that it was not reflecting on my account 31 august and called in. I was told to email my proof of payment. Twice i was disconnected. I also had my pvr services disconnected. A month later, with no feedback whatsoever from multichoice my payment still is not allocated to my account. I emailed them proof of payment twice. I spoke to jacob, who is the team leader and he never got back to me. I emailed gordon, who is supposedly the om. He never responded either. No one is helpful and they do not care.

• Re
      8th of Oct, 2015
    multichoice - paid account, but i'm disconnected
    105 Kielblock street, La Hoff
    Klerksdorp
    South Africa

I paid the account on the 1 october 2017, r320 first, then r50 and r5. They said the r320 is not reflecting on their side, I must email the proof of payment, but they gave the wrong email address twice. K. M. Nyongwana 082 9461381 acc 51725640