Muffler Man / bad welds

1 913 Riverview Dr., Kalamazoo, MI, United States
Phone: (269) 342-0229

Last summer my friend recommended that I bring my car to this Muffler Man location for a repair. They did the repair, and the very next day the piece that they welded broke. I was very upset, but I ended up selling the vehicle shortly thereafter and did not have time to bring it back in. Last October a different vehicle started to become loud, and so I decided that I would give them another chance based on my friend's recommendation and not my first experience. Dumb move on my part. When putting my car on the lift, they punched a hole in my right side rocker panel and damaged the left side rocker panel. At the time I could barely contain my temper, and decided not to point the fact that through rushed negligence that they had damaged my vehicle. I paid over $280 to "fix" my issue and drove away muttering things that should not be printed.

Well the noise and vibrations were initially better but still present, and they continued to worsen each week. A couple of months later, my wife drove the car instead of hers and told me that it really bothered her asthma. I do not have a very good sense of smell so I started asking my passengers if they could smell exhaust. They all agreed that they could. Not only was the muffler still loud and growing louder, but now it also started to leak. I took it back to the shop and gave my blunt opinion on their shoddy work. The person who I presume was the owner of the franchise became hostile (my wife left in tears), and told me he stands behind his incompetent worker, and refused to ever work on my vehicles again (which is a win for me in any case). I took it to another shop. The friendly non-hostile owner informed me that the welds done by Muffler Man on Riverview were done improperly and leak. I was not surprised to hear this. I will never be back to this location and deeply regret ever darkening their door in the first place.

Na