mtscirc.com / non-delivery of paid for magazines/can't contact them by email

1 4978 73rd StSan Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

On 1/18/11, I ordered both Travel and Men's Journal magazines, which we paid for in full ($48) by check to the young eager door-to-door salesman. There was no delivery for a while. Then we started getting only the Men's Journal. The first time I tried to contact them to tell them we were only getting the Men's Journal, I was told to look at my receipt where it says in small print that I should wait 120 days. Well, I did wait 120 days, and we are still not getting Travel magazine. So, I emailed them about it again yesterday (5/19/11). They replied saying that acccording to their records, I never ordered Travel, and to fax them a copy of my receipt in order for them to look into it. The receipt clearly shows that both magazines were ordered. In fact, the amount of the Travel magazine was the only price listed, in addition to the Proc. and handling charge.

I faxed a copy of the receipt (#123356) to the representative yesterday, per his request. I tried to email him at mtscirc. com this morning to confirm that I did indeed fax it. Even though I was using the same page I used the previous 2 times, I got an error report, saying I could not email them!!

Personally, I got screwed. I guess I'll have to accept that, but, please, to anyone else out there: Don't let yourself get taken in by some young college kid saying he's trying to win a trip to Europe and you can help him by buying magazines from him!! You may as well just be throwing your money out the window!

Comments

• Bi
      14th of Jul, 2011

I also Orderd books for my kids I payed $65 from the door to door sales guy i never recived anything that sucks BUt lesson learnd

• Ka
      25th of Jul, 2011

ORDERED TASTE OF HOME FOR $ 51.00 FROM A DOOR TO DOOR SALESMAN ON MAY 21, 11 DIST. # MT 5
    AGENT CHIP i THINK CAN'T READ HIS WRITING CODE: 151

KAREN O'CONNOR
    938 E. GLENDALE ST.
    DILLON, MT 59725
    406-925-0559 DO YOU WANT A RECEIPT ? NUMBER ON MY RECIEPT # M202324

• Sh
      11th of Oct, 2011

I also ordered from them, Disney Cars books, and haven't received them yet. I ordered on June 29, 2011. I have emailed them and have received no response. I paid $55.00. These are the ones that make it hard for the real door to door sales people.
    Receipt number M227160

13th of Oct, 2011

They are all lies, and now I am screwed out of some serious money

• Ln
      5th of Nov, 2011

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLING ME TRYING TO REACH mtscirc PLEASE STOP IT!!!
    I completely understand your frustration with mts, but you are calling MY personal home phone #. (619) 589-6311, to reach them!! The complaints board supposedly removed my PERSONAL home phone number from my original complaint (which was posted in error), but I am still getting many calls!
    I can understand if you were writing a complaint, but since you all call my # and ask "Is this mts?", I would suggest you go to THEIR website to reach them, and not the Complaints Board's website.

• Cf
      6th of Feb, 2012

Your company is a complete scam and you should just get rid of this bogus program completely. I ordered the Disney princess books and finally received 1 book, after months and months of writing and waiting, when i was told that they were a set of books. I would never have paid $59.00 for 1 book that my daughters already own. It is a rip off and i hope that no one else falls for it. Receipt # M 316411.
    Chanda

• Cf
      6th of Feb, 2012

The sellers name is Josh Hopkins code # 508 with Jason as the distributor!

• Ti
      16th of Feb, 2012

I am very disappointed with this company's service. What a scam! What nerve they have coming to my home asking for my money and wasting my time and pestering me with false claims of help. I hope that someone will get to the bottom of this because this scam should not continue to take hard working people's money. I hope that those suppose "college kids" get what they deserve for taking advantage of many people's kind heart and willingness to help a person in need.

• Mt
      17th of Apr, 2012

Same situation. I ordered a magazine for the sole purpose that I was told I could designate it for the troops. Thinking this a good way to support the effort, I did so. I since, have been receiving the subscription at my home. I have personally no interest in the magazine content and thus throw it away as soon as I get it. I have tried contactin MTS three times and no one will respond. This is most definately a scam and a waste of money.

• Sn
      24th of Apr, 2012

I am very angry with this magazine/book company! I ordered a magazine in 2008 to help out a young guy trying to win a trip but what I got in return was the wrong magazine. I've tried calling the company to get the correct magazine but I could never get through. Four months ago a young lady was was selling the magazines again and I told her I wasn't interested since I received wrong mags last time but she convinced me she wouldn't sell me a magazine that they don't carry so I gave in. Again, I'm not getting the correct magazine I ordered. Going on their website doesn't help because their contact link isn't real. They totally scammed me. Lesson learned!

• Bl
      21st of Apr, 2013

I am also a victim to this sales scam. A young boy approached me with these magazine sales, in order for him to win a trip to Europe, I beleieve. I told him I wasn't interested, but he was so pleasant, that I fell into the trap also. I ordered 2 years of "Hot Bike" magazine for a cost of $55.00 total, which stupid me, I paid for in cash, cause I didn't want my check numbers floating around out there. I ordered this magazine in October "2011", and didn't recieve my first issue until 6 months later, April "2012". I recieved a second issue in May "2012", then they stopped! I just found my receipt (M139703), for this magazine. Just recently, I've moved, and from what I have read here, I quess I'm SOL as to recapping anything. At this point, I don't know who to feel sorry for, the kids or the one who's pocketing the money. I guess a lesson learned, and never again. Dawn from Wisconsin.